Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know how Nintendo counts playtime, I usually just hit the home button and let my Switch go to sleep. But yeah I am in the end game, all abilities unlocked and the point of no return mission obtained. Just doing side stuff. I still only have like 4 batteries...

1685652422116.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how Nintendo counts playtime, I usually just hit the home button and let my Switch go to sleep. But yeah I am in the end game, all abilities unlocked and the point of no return mission obtained. Just doing side stuff. I still only have like 4 batteries...

View attachment 476043

Yeah 100 for one tick of a battery upgrade is ridiculous.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You can max out your batteries super quick.

Unlock the forge constructs (let's you buy the upgrade mats with zonaite) and kill the boss types/lynels/frox etc.

Each reset will be 2-3 full upgrades depending on your thoroughness.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I like this girl with dicks all over her dress.
IMG_0863.jpeg

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
When you find a chest on a sky island hanging from a vine. What are you supposed to do about it? I cut a few down thinking I'd find them down on the ground way below but they seem to have disappeared.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
When you find a chest on a sky island hanging from a vine. What are you supposed to do about it? I cut a few down thinking I'd find them down on the ground way below but they seem to have disappeared.
Grab it with ultrahand, get it swinging, then cut the vine with an arrow when the swing will carry it to solid ground.
Pocket the opal! Or arrows. Or zonaite. Or...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only dragon scales and star pieces don't despawn over a long distance, you can actually attach scales to vehicles to make them not despawn.

I think you need to get a zonai platform under those chests.

I tried shooting one down and rewinding time to ultrahand grab it, but I wasn't quick enough.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I found one with vines and just lit the vines on fire and it fell. I’ve only seen the one though so idk if they’re all like that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You found it on the ground afterwords?
There was a ledge with a chest up in the sky with vines under it, and another ledge under it. Lit the vines on fire and it fell to the bottom ledge.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah there was a ledge with a chest up in the sky with vines under it, and another ledge under it. Lit the vines on fire and it fell to the bottom ledge.
He's talking about when there is no bottom ledge and they fall through the sky and despawn due to distance.

You found it on the ground afterwords?
You could try diving with it to stop despawn but it would be hard to find, if you get the general area you can use reverse time and you can maybe see the trail.

It'll be way easier to use a gatcha ball to spawn a zonai platform to catch it, the ones that hover when you turn them on.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone else been skydiving and a falling star falls right next to you and you grab it out of the sky? First time I was like holy shot that’s lucky, but it happened a couple more times so I’m wondering if it’s just a spawn thing they do or I’ve been ridiculously lucky

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Has anyone else been skydiving and a falling star falls right next to you and you grab it out of the sky? First time I was like holy shot that’s lucky, but it happened a couple more times so I’m wondering if it’s just a spawn thing they do or I’ve been ridiculously lucky
It's scripted but it gets everyone as a random surprise first time!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Is there anything I'm missing with weapon durability? As in, extending it a good bit? The one thing I enjoy in any video game is slaughtering stuff on genocidal scales. However, this game absolutely punishes you for that. If I just went around and killed everything in sight, I'd blow through all my weapons in no time flat. Got the Master Sword, but that loses its power essentially as fast as weapon breakage, so that's just as bad. I've used Octorocks to repair weapons but, again, the total duration still isn't worth getting excited about. This one aspect of the game is really killing the fun factor for me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there anything I'm missing with weapon durability? As in, extending it a good bit? The one thing I enjoy in any video game is slaughtering stuff on genocidal scales. However, this game absolutely punishes you for that. If I just went around and killed everything in sight, I'd blow through all my weapons in no time flat. Got the Master Sword, but that loses its power essentially as fast as weapon breakage, so that's just as bad. I've used Octorocks to repair weapons but, again, the total duration still isn't worth getting excited about. This one aspect of the game is really killing the fun factor for me.
You can extend it by fusing shit to weapons. You can repair and upgrade weapons by throwing one down in front of a rock octopus. Kill him afterwards and he will come back after a blood moon so you can do it again. Mark them all on your map.

Other than that…no, it just really fucking sucks. Shit design everyone hated in the first game that they decided to continue on in the second cause they don’t give a shit about feedback I guess.

Goonsquad Officer
You can extend it by fusing shit to weapons. You can repair and upgrade weapons by throwing one down in front of a rock octopus. Kill him afterwards and he will come back after a blood moon so you can do it again. Mark them all on your map.

Other than that…no, it just really fucking sucks. Shit design everyone hated in the first game that they decided to continue on in the second cause they don’t give a shit about feedback I guess.
It's extra baffling in this one because you would sure use all your weapon slots in creating a diversity of melded monstrosities

ShakyJake

<Donor>
You can extend it by fusing shit to weapons. You can repair and upgrade weapons by throwing one down in front of a rock octopus
Yeah, I've done all that, but it just (slightly) delays the inevitable.

I went to Hyrule castle and grabbed a bunch of level 50 bows and weapons, so I'm trying to make them last as long as possible. But I guess it's not really feasible. Thinking about it, it seems like the designers are forcing you to use the items dropped by local mobs and then you fuse whatever. The idea of maintaining some overpowered arsenal for an extended period of time isn't going to happen. Maybe that's the point...

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah, I've done all that, but it just (slightly) delays the inevitable.

I went to Hyrule castle and grabbed a bunch of level 50 bows and weapons, so I'm trying to make them last as long as possible. But I guess it's not really feasible. Thinking about it, it seems like the designers are forcing you to use the items dropped by local mobs and then you fuse whatever. The idea of maintaining some overpowered arsenal for an extended period of time isn't going to happen. Maybe that's the point...
Yea I'm only 1 temple in, but I just grab local trash. Meld a Boulder, and ground slam stunlock everything

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you do the master sword dupe at the beginning of the game, that sword doesnt have durability decay does it? I need to try and do it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thinking about it, it seems like the designers are forcing you to use the items dropped by local mobs and then you fuse whatever. The idea of maintaining some overpowered arsenal for an extended period of time isn't going to happen. Maybe that's the point...

It very much is the point because the more you kill the higher your world tier becomes. Notice normal enemies being black or silver? Those monster parts add like 30+ dmg when fused and I bet you're sitting on a lot of them.