Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Arcane got me to check on this again, after having not played it since the first couple months of launch. I still prefer Gwent for my PvP card game fix, but when I saw the PvE content for this I was back into it. I'm really having fun with the Path of Champions, just taking my time leveling up a handful of different champions...there's enough RNG involved that every run is quite different, so don't really feel the grind(at least yet).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Pantheon looks strong. Not super interesting imo. There's a lot of ways to build him but Im sure we'll be relegated to 1 broken build after Day 1. I'll likely try to abuse him early.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mecha Yordles are very similar to celestial in that they are all very OP non collectibles, but the condition is having to discard cards to manifest. I like playing OP cards

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That looks so fun as a mechanic, so many possibilities with her, in decks where you can give her overwhelm, double attack, or lifesteal could make her really annoying.
Her resource is so different as she requires units on board to make use of her, so cheap units that go wide. I doubt Yasuo will work with her well since he's so expensive. You can also position to not recall certain units on the attack. Adds a level of complexity. Feels like Sivir in a way since wide boards are best, but Ahri needs cheap units whereas Sivir wants heavy hitters.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Im tearing up Normals with this Ahri/Kennen deck I created:

It's been so fun so far, Ranked might be a different story though.
There seems to be a different Ahri/Kennen deck from the big streamers that focuses more on value from Bandle City and less on aggro/elusives.

My version uses a lot of newer Ionia cards and only 3 Bandle cards (otter).
The idea is spam cheap 1 costs and use Ahri & Kennen for value. Leveling both can happen really fast. I've leveled Kennen by turn 5 by spamming The Mourned.
I have a lot of targets for God-Willow: Kinkou, Ahri, Kennen, The Mourned, Sai'Nen

I'm on a 4 game win streak which has included facing a Poppy/Zed and Riven/Pantheon decks.
Will of Ionia is so good against the new Fated/Pantheon decks going around atm.

Disclaimer: Things will change rapidly as the meta evolves and this deck might just suck against the meta - Ranked has been disabled for me so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I know nobody is playing this game anymore.. except me?

New expansion looks pretty good, mainly because a lot of the new cards support existing archetypes instead of continuing to add new ones.

I won't bother linking cards but imo this next expansion is looking alright.

Also they keep improving path of champions.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I haven’t played in ages but still kinda follow what’s happening to it. I agree that the new expansion seems really good, like where they going with the last few blancs patch where they tried to add new cards to archetype that could use it.

Kanglor

Yeah I haven't touched it for few months now, after they announced a big revamp for Path of Champions, which was gonna pretty much reset all the progress of the current Champion roster. Looking forward to playing it, seems like they added a lot more to the whole system.

Kanglor

So, redesign on Path of Champions was pretty good outside of the shard system to acquire more champs, figured they would probably tweak it somehow in a future patch. Well that's a big negative...not even two weeks from launch they announced PoC is basically going into maintenance mode so they can focus on PvP. Article mentioned moving some of the Path devs onto other Riot projects, and putting to use some of the knowledge they gained working on the PoC game mode...maybe something they'll try to incorporate into the MMO?

We're Refocusing on PVP

O_T

Trakanon Raider
The new PoC had some issues like shards going to maxed out champs and unnecessary screens to wade through, but i was disappointed when i read it was going into maintenance mode. It was the only reason that I even had LoR installed.