Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I guess im the last one playing this game :D

Well, I missed the last couple tournaments but I'm in for tomorrow. Ended at my highest rank ever Rank #179 with 217 LP.
I used Azirelia and GP/Sej most of this season to rank up. I'm going with comfort for the tournament so those 2 decks and thinking Anivia Control for the 3rd.
The tournament requires a bit of luck to make it to finals week so I'm not expecting much. Minimum 3 wins would be satisfying but you need to 5-0 to advance I think.

Good luck with the tournament.

As for me, I pretty much gave up on the game. They new cards look pretty cool, and the big changes they did a while back were good, they came too late for me though I had lost interest in the game, and haven’t been able to get back into it. They started so well with monthly changes that were targeted at changing the meta at the beginning either by nerfing what was dominent or buffing something to counter it. It kept the game fresh, then they stopped that and we were stuck with a few bad metas that lasted way too long.

I hope they go back to the old ways and keep the meta from stagnating too long for those who still play.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck with the tournament.

As for me, I pretty much gave up on the game. They new cards look pretty cool, and the big changes they did a while back were good, they came too late for me though I had lost interest in the game, and haven’t been able to get back into it. They started so well with monthly changes that were targeted at changing the meta at the beginning either by nerfing what was dominent or buffing something to counter it. It kept the game fresh, then they stopped that and we were stuck with a few bad metas that lasted way too long.

I hope they go back to the old ways and keep the meta from stagnating too long for those who still play.
Thanks!

The previous meta definitely sucked but they are on a fairly brisk pace with new cards atm and the meta has shifted a bit each week recently, but yea idk. I think we're seeing stabilization now. There are a lot more Masters players this last season compared to the 1 prior. So it looks like some interest has come back to the game.

I play it so much because I play on my phone 100% of the time and it's the only game I'm really playing at all.

Because I didn't want to drop to 0 LP accidentally I took a week break after hitting top 200 and have been playing TFT, but those matches take too long for me to keep at it. And I don't want to get sucked into any other mobile games, so LoR is my jam for foreseeable future.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Good luck Rav. I’m still playing. Hit a wall in plat with TF/Swain (which gets shit on by Azirelia) so I switched to Sej/GP. Currently in Diamond 3. Been playing against a lot of lulu/zed

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck Rav. I’m still playing. Hit a wall in plat with TF/Swain (which gets shit on by Azirelia) so I switched to Sej/GP. Currently in Diamond 3. Been playing against a lot of lulu/zed
Thanks!!
Well the Open round was Saturday and the format changed since I last did it.
Now it's 9 rounds instead of 5, so I didn't expect it would literally take all day long.

I started 4-3 which means I can't get to the Finals, and then I skipped the last 2 rounds.
Actually I started 3-2 which also means I couldn't get to the finals (most likely), but I played 2 more rounds anyway.

The new format is a little more forgiving then the 5 round format where you really did need to 5-0 to make it, but it's still really hard.

Basically here's how you get to the finals now:
In the tournament with 1024 players,
2 players will end up 9-0
18 end up 8-1
72 end up 7-2.

Of those 72 at 7-2, 12 make it to the top 32, and apparently the tie-breaker is your ladder rank position.
So at ladder rank 179, I probably would not have made it, but you never know, so I kept going until I logged that 3rd loss.

---

I went : win, loss, win, win, loss, win, loss , FF, FF

That 2nd match which was a loss, I got my opponent to 1 health in 2 games of the Bo3, and lost both :(

I had some tough draws with Azirelia all tournament really.
I got hard countered in my 2nd loss where the guy had triple aggro, which Azirelia has a hard time against and my GP/Sej blanked out on draws so hard too.

---

Anyway, I never expect to make top 32, it's still very luck-based in this type of game and format, but 4 wins was satisfying and the fact I still had a shot up to Round 7 at least.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
E87LZQ-XoAUWqUs

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Poppy looks fun. Actually Bandlewood looks fun, it might end up being annoying too though as discard and general hand disruption can be very annoying to play against sometimes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Poppy looks fun. Actually Bandlewood looks fun, it might end up being annoying too though as discard and general hand disruption can be very annoying to play against sometimes.

Yup Bandle looking pretty toxic, but I love it. This type of degenerecy is always kept in check by aggro.

I'm already looking at a Poppy/Karma deck that aims to win off deck disruption, I'm sure it'll suck but I'm ready.

I'm also awaiting Xerath to see if mono shurima has a chance.

We also have senna (champion card), gnar, viegar, caitlyn and sion coming, that we know of.

The dual region is really really interesting and will open up a ton of possibilities.

In all, BC is looking to be a very powerful region right at release simply because of the existing yordles and dual region

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Veigar
"minimorph" is so strong and toxic.
Veigar himself looking a bit slow, but he has a potent endgame. Matching his LoL version pretty well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was too agog to post it quickly :D She's looking so sweet and makes Viegar so good now.
This expansion is looking incredible. I want to play with everything so far.
Previous expansions I had 1-2 champs I was most excited for but here I just want to play it all.
There are so many possibilities with everything.

Senna synergy with Viegar/Darkness is 1 possibility, her effect to make Slow speed spells Fast pulls her in an entirely different direction and she still has synergy with Lucian.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I still play but very sparsely. I've been playing more Arena lately and the Labs. The expansion looks good and Senna makes Viegar much more viable. A traps deck or the Bandle discard are probably more my speed though. I'm sure it will be the next annoying deck people hate.