Legion

Ladro

Anomaly
This episode wars pretty great. They played a lot with pulsating light with different rhythms and colors. Visually this one really was out there, loved the Zork throwback, especially David’s poem. Show is great high with headphones, the monks voice was tripping me out a little. John Hamms intro was also fantastic, they’re really telling a good story about the power of suggestion, how we define reality and the social contracts that help with it.

Still don’t know what’s going on, can’t tell if Farouk is playing David or if there’s something else. I feel like there’s going to be a mind fuck at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Still don’t know what’s going on
Thats me watching the show, in a nutshell.

I am still tuning in and enjoying it but I've gotta say, its wearing on me. When literally every scene I am asking
"Is this a real person"
"Is this the real world or in someones head"
"Is this past, present, future, or never"
I am starting to find it hard to maintain attention, and have fallen asleep during the last couple episodes. I'm not sure if I missed anything. And if I'd stayed awake I still wouldnt be sure.

We all complain when a show like Lost, in the final episode, retcons the whole show into just a dream (err I mean Purgatory). Because it means all the caring viewers did about details was pointless; none of it was real. Now I'm not saying this show is gonna end up that way, but I am saying that if a sufficiently high proportion of scenes end up being dreams/hallucinations, it has a similar effect where trying to figure out the details seems pointless.

Its the first show I've ever said this for, but I wish there was a spoiler site where I could watch the episode then go read about what actually happened. (in contrast, with the idiotic show Lost we didnt wonder if the polar bear really happened, we just wondered how it got there and why)

The first half of this episode was awesome though, loved the documentary style intro. Now to try and stay awake for the whole thing.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm just the opposite. The mystery makes the show better, for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I wish they hadn't included that shot of flashback David halfway in, ruined any mystery in the episode.

• 1Like

Caliane

"too confusing" "too confusing" "too obvious"
haha.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I am still tuning in and enjoying it but I've gotta say, its wearing on me. When literally every scene I am asking
"Is this a real person"
I am starting to find it hard to maintain attention, and have fallen asleep during the last couple episodes. I'm not sure if I missed anything. And if I'd stayed awake I still wouldnt be sure.

We all complain when a show like Lost, in the final episode, retcons the whole show into just a dream (err I mean Purgatory). Because it means all the caring viewers did about details was pointless; none of it was real. Now I'm not saying this show is gonna end up that way, but I am saying that if a sufficiently high proportion of scenes end up being dreams/hallucinations, it has a similar effect where trying to figure out the details seems pointless.

Its the first show I've ever said this for, but I wish there was a spoiler site where I could watch the episode then go read about what actually happened. (in contrast, with the idiotic show Lost we didnt wonder if the polar bear really happened, we just wondered how it got there and why)

The first half of this episode was awesome though, loved the documentary style intro. Now to try and stay awake for the whole thing.

Yes it takes the whole unreliable narrator thing and turns it into unreliable reality. Where to a large extent reality basically is what the main character believes it is makes everything somewhat hard to follow.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
God damn that was fucked up. Turning David’s sister into Lenny was amazing and Aubrey Plaza was yet again pretty great at that character.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I enjoy the weirdness but I just want one episode that makes sense without a Reddit breakdown

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

"Is this a real person"

This is shockingly close to where I am with the show right now. I see it's genius, but at the same point I always want some compelling (and follow-able) part of a narrative to keep me hooked in.....

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Why has no one talked about how great Aubrey's ass looked?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There was awhile there that i was considering to stop watching. I totally understand if people don't get it. But the last few episodes have been fantastic for me.

Sometimes the show feels that it's trying to hard to be artistic.

I quit watching Westworld cause the "artistry" shit became unbearable.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Holy shit the mouse dancing was great. The clockwork orange bit was a nice homage as well. Great episode, loved the glimpses into what he could be in other realities. Not really sure what the bit with Farouk in the mirror was about since the rest of the time it was the Shadow King he was seeing. Definitely a weird episode that doesn’t really seem to tie in yet.

Been watching this high, much more entertaining than it should be. It’s definitely artsy and even bordering on psychedelic but I love it for that.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think in that instance he basically embraced Farouk's ideology and/or gave in to him completely and became a "God" or at least as Farouk saw it. That's why when he looked in the mirror he saw Farouk. Shadow King was more of a parasite harnessing his power and manipulating him from the shadows where as the SK as Farouk is more of a person with an ideology. More of a rival than a parasite. So that glimpse was a look into his future if he gave in to him.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also saw that episode as a way to show how his sister was the stable part of his life in every alternate reality - his only constant. And now that she's gone he's gonna go crazy or go god mode.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I thought that too, and I also noticed that he at least crossed paths with his girlfriend in many of them.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
The artistic direction in this show is absolutely amazing. People should watch it alone just for that.

Got confirmation that Farouk is the only one that can stop David from destroying the world. Also interesting that he could time travel as well to talk with future Syd. David breaking his promise to future Syd was weird, like they _just_ talked about it and he's there kissing her. She would have remembered they agreed on that I would have thought, so now I'm not sure if she's really future Syd...

Not really sure what happened with the whole idea monster that David killed and if it was something Farouk planted or if it was just a red herring, but John Hamm's explanation was yet again amazing. Kind of sad the one guy "died" though.

• 1Like