Legion

Juvarisx

Florida
I hope this season was written with a firm ending in mind, because considering the ratings trajectory, that premiere will not win any new converts.

Also really fuzzy on what Plaza is now. If she's SK, how can she be trapped in SK's mind (the pool)? Is she just his id or negative aspects?!?

Legion gets the same 18-49 demographic numbers usually as Fargo gets and that is getting another season. Sometime just keeping a showrunner who does all your good shit working is worth it in its own right.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Def don't see this show being cancelled for any reason other than the showrunner going completely off the rails and that didn't even get Mr. Robot cancelled after season 2.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I dunno, man, I want to like this show but I always feel like I don't know what the fuck is going on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't think so, I think we haven't seen the bad idea yet.

Right before he had the vision they showed that black goo chick crawling across the floor. Syd also only had one arm in the vision, referencing the guy cutting off his leg. David is going to become obsessed with this bad idea.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I just think that's too straightforward and obvious. definitely misdirection.

And the orb thing happened way prior to the black goo chick crawling across the floor - a year ago. I think the orb vision really happened. I also think the dance-off was just how David's logical brain interpreted the psychic battle between himself and the shadow king in the dance club because he didn't have any other way to visualize what was going on.

I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to what the real bad idea is, because with this show you can't predict anything with certainty... but I do think the minotaur IS the bad idea rolling around in David's brain... like a grown-up black goo chick thing. I don't think we'll find out what it really represents until a few more episodes in.

My theory on the shadow king was that he was forcibly evicted from his body - someone else is controlling it, using his genetic power - probably the dude with fingerprints smeared across his forehead.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think Mr. Basket Head is going to have some past connection to SK. Hence the robot brain immunity to mind reading etc.

Ladro

Anomaly
Watched this last night kind of high (yay legal weed) and I have no idea what the fuck was going on. The visuals and audio mix feels like it's made for being stoned. The dance battle was pretty fucking amazing though.

Pretty sure David can time travel and that's the gist of this whole season.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I like to think that the dance battle did actually happen, not just as his mind interpreting a psychic battle, as a sort of proxy of fighting.
Like, they were all demonstrating their abilty to control other people's minds to coordinate the dance. But, there was also a battle going on psychically too. It would also explain why cary was dancing. Idk, its left vague on purpose so everyone has their own interpretation

Also, mute, drawing syd, is the bad idea. He was asleep, remembering the orb. Doesnt mean thats what actually happened in the orb, could just be a false memory hes being given in the present (when black goo creature was crawling towards him).

• 1Solidarity

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
My guess.
Syd Barrett wants David to help Amahl Farouk find his body because David is the bad guy in the future and Amahl is the only one that can help.

I still don't know what the "Idea" might be.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My guess.
Syd Barrett wants David to help Amahl Farouk find his body because David is the bad guy in the future and Amahl is the only one that can help.

I still don't know what the "Idea" might be.

Probably this. I'm assuming something sets David off and he becomes Onslaught, probably when he beats Shadow King without his body. Then goes on a rampage or some such.

Caliane

so, benny confirmed as being actually Benny, stuck in there.

Future Syd. a robot? he couldn't read her mind. she had that synthetic voice.
Other things to consider for not being Syd. They are heavily showing Syd swapping bodies herself, with the cat. Syd directly asks, "are you sure it was me?" They are making sure we are reminded, she can do that. and is in fact, expanding her own powers.

Benny wants a body of her own.

I'd agree, the cagey responses suggest David is the monster in the future. Farouk dead and something killing everyone parts are probably true.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
so, benny confirmed as being actually Benny, stuck in there.

Actually no, not in the least. The 'facts' are:

Benny was a chubby dude that fingerbanged some gal, stole her oven, did drugs with David, and got in a fight with David's sister (speaking of which, what ever happened to her or her husband?)

"Lenny" was a person with Aubrey Plaza's physical form, that was in Clockworks with David for an indeterminate amount of time, that liked music and candy, and got telefragged by Syd-in-David's-Body.

The theorizing:
This season appears to be establishing / ret-conning that the Shadow King had taken over Lenny's body (possibly even willingly) and was using that to warp David's mind at Clockworks.

Furthermore, given Farouk's dapper appearance and behavior, this season appears to be establishing that The Beast from last season was just Lenny given ultimate power - she's a psychopath.

Note that this allows them to reframe the pilot as "Lenny tried to take David's body from Syd and was killed by Syd in self-defense", rather than "Syd accidentally murdered someone".

The music box being Syd's seems to indicate she is the real revenge target - but whether that's Farouk pissed she defended David's body or Lenny pissed she took David's attention remains to be seen.

As for the ending, who knows. Too many people can swap bodies (or control of a body, in the Carys' case) to make anything obvious. I would guess Farouk's body is destroyed with Lenny driving - but who has control of any other body afterwards is unknown.

Ladro

Anomaly
Another head trip episode. The future time glitch didn't seem like Syd was a robot, just that there was interference in the conversation. It was super glitchy when he was there by himself so I guess it felt more of an artifact of him being there than anything with Syd.

The bad idea slime trail popped up in a few places for a moment, so I'm honestly not sure what to think. The whole thing with Farouk seemed to be on the level, especially after they mentally sparred. Not sure about the retcon, have to see I guess.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
"Lenny" was a person with Aubrey Plaza's physical form, that was in Clockworks with David for an indeterminate amount of time, that liked music and candy, and got telefragged by Syd-in-David's-Body.

The theorizing:
This season appears to be establishing / ret-conning that the Shadow King had taken over Lenny's body (possibly even willingly) and was using that to warp David's mind at Clockworks.

Furthermore, given Farouk's dapper appearance and behavior, this season appears to be establishing that The Beast from last season was just Lenny given ultimate power - she's a psychopath.
No, thats not how i took that at all. Its not 'lenny' making decisions, its farouk. He has complete control over the other personalities when he wants. David said something about that, like 'he brings up other minds at will' when he was talking to half face guy. Lenny and Farouk's conversation was a moment he was letting her out on her own, but in the previous season it was all farouk-as-lenny.