Legion

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah going to concur. I just kinda assumed this season would deal with expelling the Shadow King and the fall out from doing so, is what fractures his mind and creates the multiple personalities. So season 2 is the start of the Dis-associative Identy Disorder which is what makes him, Legion. So far he's "just schizophrenic", but actually he's not. The whole time it's been A: he actually has powers, they aren't delusions, combined with B: The shadow king fucking up his memories, trying to drain enough power from him in order to completely possess him and take over his body.

Season 2 (and any further seasons) are still mostly in his head and still the complete mindfuck of season 1, but are dealing with the split personalities etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
heh. yeah never too sure what the date is supposed to be
To me it feels like they are going with am ambiguous time period so they can be as retro or modern as they want to be. That is one part of it that I really like. It allows them to do things like have the one mutant carry a tommy gun while the bad guys use more modern weapons.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn.. until that chalkboard scene, I had totally forgotten who his father is supposed to be..

motherfucking Professor X! The bald figure and the battle with Shadow King reminded me. In some versions of the story, that's how Prof X loses the use of his legs. If they manage to get a cameo from Patrick Stewart (since McAvoy doesn't look old enough to be his dad) at some point, that would be amazing.

That's what made it funny when Dave was doing the "British accent" when he was speaking as his father. It sounded a lot more like a Patrick Stewart impression.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Best 4 minutes of TV I've seen in quite some time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That wasn't as bad as Ep. 6, but I should have known that once they humanized the interrorgator, nothing was going to be resolved.

The Equinox didn't work for me either.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nowhere to go but down after last week... wtf was that after the credits though.

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
meh. My only thought during the tag was "do they really have the budget to book Plaza and Clement for season 2?"

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
meh. My only thought during the tag was "do they really have the budget to book Plaza and Clement for season 2?"

... you think those are expensive actors? What?

How many of you cane rattlers screamed "SJW" at the screen of your retirement home when you saw Crispy was gay with an adopted black son? I felt a sea of triggers hit me like the explosion of Alderan and Obi Wan.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I thought the ending was fine. It was just to set up next season which it did well.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah this was like an after-finale finale. They probably didn't even tack on that after credit until the show was formally renewed a few weeks ago.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder if when David says the stars told him they loved him it was either A: Prof X talking to him or B: his mother is an alien psychic. I'm leaning towards B now.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really looking forward to Jemaine Clement playing the villain next season. He was already doing a great job as Oliver.

heh. yeah never too sure what the date is supposed to be. Fashion 60-70's. Tech does seem alot more modern. hospital is fairly modern. Drug talk scene. any of the drugs mentioned modern synthetics not made before some date?
The whole body CT scanner developed during the 70's. 1975 first non water immersion based..
The kind they have in the show, is decidedly even more modern. Particularly in terms of output. But, is this indicative of the show being in more modern times, or them having access to technology beyond the normal period. Like Cerebro, etc in xmen?

I've been trying to figure out if they're just trying to do a more ambiguous time period so they have a lot more flexibility with the aesthetics of the show similar to Gotham, or if this will tie into David's delusions somehow. Gotham, at least, tries to remain as ambiguous as possible by not really making references to modern things, but Legion seems to needlessly throw those types of references in. If the goal is to be ambiguous about when the show is set, why include Kerry and Cary listing off medications that didn't come out until the 80s and later? On the whole, the game they were playing really didn't contribute to the plot, so why include something that cracks the ambiguity, particularly when there are plenty of medications that came out earlier that they could've been naming?

Nowhere to go but down after last week... wtf was that after the credits though.

Glad you mentioned there was a scene in the credits. I turned it off right when the credits began. Someone on Reddit pointed out that SWORD once sent an orb to monitor David (though it never captured him), so maybe there was something more to David's father saying the stars talked to him afterall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How many of you cane rattlers screamed "SJW" at the screen of your retirement home when you saw Crispy was gay with an adopted black son? I felt a sea of triggers hit me like the explosion of Alderan and Obi Wan.

I thought the same thing immediately. As soon as I saw he was gay I thought half the posts here would be bitching about how they could possibly make a character gay. Yet we're the only ones who mentioned anything. You surprise me again, FoH.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if when David says the stars told him they loved him it was either A: Prof X talking to him or B: his mother is an alien psychic. I'm leaning towards B now.

When did he say that? The last I remember hearing about the stars was when the crew went to find the old psychiatrist and they asked im "What did the stars say". The Dr, who wasn't really the doctor instead asked her "You love him, don't you?" There's no way jewfro knew what the Dr knew just because he had shape shifted into him.

In short, I don't remember ever learning what the stars said.

Him being gay didn't seem like much of a stretch.

Is that because he was acting like a faggot when we saw him the first time?

Any more speculation on what that orb was other than SWORD?

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This was probably my favorite thing I've seen on tv in as long as I can remember.

When Oliver started conducting Bolero I was tripping because I had just stumbled upon a Russian ballet performance of it a few weeks before. (I know gaaaaay')

Also, because it reminds me of

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Ok.. im more confused by some of the recent posts then i am at the show.
I guess i havent been paying close enough attention, but i dont remember them answering the "what did the stars say?" Part at all.
I also dont remember davids father having any speaking lines, beyond the scene where his face is in shadow and he read 'worlds angriest boy' to david, which was implied to be a false memory from shadow king.
Wtf was walter (jewfro)'s power btw? He shapr shifted once, and then was also bullet proof later?!? On that same note, does oliver have any powers (other then that smooth, panty dropping singing voice) outside the astral plane?
Lastly, the government guys referred to a 'peacekeeper' and then 'equinox' while watching everything. Guessing the orb thing is supposed to be one of those, unless it was a misdirect and shitty timing from some unknown entiry.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure Walter was some sort of telepath. He seems to be able to get into people's heads, so I don't think he actually shape-shifted, just made others think that's what they were seeing. I can't remember him being bulltetproof, but that could've been something similar where he just made people see that.

I don't recall Oliver showing any powers outside of the astral plane. He might have the same powers outside it as he did inside, but then Melanie didn't have her powers inside the astral plane, so who knows? I would assume the fact that he got into the astral plane somehow and stayed there for a couple decades indicates he has some sort of mutant power though.

• 1Like