Legion

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Right after he posed as the psychiatrist at the ligth house, and they ran upstairs, black memory guy was shooting him but it had no effect.
Walter definetly can look like others, he also did it when he posed as the telekinetic guy and was shooting them in that scene that got frozen while they were inside davids head.
I guess the show is keeping some of their powers vague on purpose, but its kind of annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't forget that I guess lady Kari either has telekenetic powers or the last episode was poorly written. When SK jumps from David to Sydney she has fights Ptonomy with her hands rather than TK blasting his ass. Then she takes over Kari/Kerry and TK blasts Melanie with her finger gun. Did SK have the ability to do that in any host? If so, why didn't he just role with Sydney's body? If he didn't, then I guess Girl Kerry has some powers we didn't know about?

Probably just poor writing on their part.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Burned through this show this weekend. Pretty god damn amazing show. So awesome, so many good characters and moments.

Only bad part, way way too creepy to watch with my wife. But I loved it so whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We really enjoyed this series. Aubrey Plaza just chewed up the scenery, but did it so well that it was a treat to watch. I'm also happy anytime that Bill Irwin and Jean Smart can get more screentime.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget that I guess lady Kari either has telekenetic powers or the last episode was poorly written. When SK jumps from David to Sydney she has fights Ptonomy with her hands rather than TK blasting his ass. Then she takes over Kari/Kerry and TK blasts Melanie with her finger gun. Did SK have the ability to do that in any host? If so, why didn't he just role with Sydney's body? If he didn't, then I guess Girl Kerry has some powers we didn't know about?

Probably just poor writing on their part.

My take on that was that shadow king has his own telekinetic powers available plus whatever powers were in the host, if he can figure out how to use them. Normally when sydney body swaps they seem to only swap powers, not maintain their original powers, but SK is different. When he was in sydney, he fought with her hands so he could switch into another body. He probably didn't want to deal with not being able to touch anyone, plus he knew the effect was temporary. IIRC, at the end he actually came out of Kari and took over oliver. He might have come out of Kari to avoid being sucked back in when sydney's power wore off, but it was also probably because he didn't want that link to Cary. Plus oliver is cooler, had a sweet ass ride, and had powers SK liked better.

So the finger guns was totally SK's power

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Right after he posed as the psychiatrist at the ligth house, and they ran upstairs, black memory guy was shooting him but it had no effect.
Walter definetly can look like others, he also did it when he posed as the telekinetic guy and was shooting them in that scene that got frozen while they were inside davids head.
I guess the show is keeping some of their powers vague on purpose, but its kind of annoying.

Good point. I thought he was just a shape shifter, but your explanation would also explain why he could see (or was it just sense) david and sydny when they were astral projecting to where they had his sister. Basically, he's a mind rapist. That could also explain the apparent bullet proofness. I'd have to watch the scene again, but maybe he was making everyone think he was standing there.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
His nickname was 'the eye' so he definitely has some kind of psychic powers/awareness in his power kit. Maybe he just makes people see him a certain way, but I wouldn't put it past them to just throw in 'shape shifting' as an extra power on top of the psychic abilities. With keeping things vague, they can kind of give them powers to suit the narrative, rather then the other way around.. its a lazier way of writing, imo, but this show is doing things different enough that I kind of give them a pass.

Also, I took the finger gun thing to be part of SK's telekinetic powers. But, it may take a few seconds to charge up, so he/she just did some hand to hand initially. Or, really, it's the same reason cosmically powerful beings always resort to hand to hand fighting in almost any show (Supernatural is one of the worst with this) or comic.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When Dan Stevens left Downton Abbey I thought he was crazy, but his career does seem to be going well.

He was great in "The Guest" and currently has a big TV genre series in "Legion", Mass Market appeal as the Beast in "Beauty and the Beast" and indy cinema cred in "The Ticket".

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Such an amazing show - why isn't there more TV like this? It was simply a work of art, top to bottom.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Normally when sydney body swaps they seem to only swap powers, not maintain their original powers, but SK is different. When he was in sydney, he fought with her hands so he could switch into another body. He probably didn't want to deal with not being able to touch anyone, plus he knew the effect was temporary. IIRC, at the end he actually came out of Kari and took over oliver. He might have come out of Kari to avoid being sucked back in when sydney's power wore off, but it was also probably because he didn't want that link to Cary. Plus oliver is cooler, had a sweet ass ride, and had powers SK liked better.

So the finger guns was totally SK's power

That's my impression as well. SK couldn't use his powers when he was in David due to David usually being able to prevent him in taking over. Once he got into Sydney, he was "out", could fully take over his host, and therefore use his own powers on top of whatever powers the body he's in has.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Didn't Cary say as much in one episode? That the SK was using all of his power just to keep David's memories suppressed.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
This show is a fucking snoozefest. Why do they keep showing flashbacks to the same 3 or 4 events?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This show is a fucking snoozefest. Why do they keep showing flashbacks to the same 3 or 4 events?

4863%20-%20edge%20grin%20wwe.png

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, I fucking hate post-credits scenes, all of them. Fuck you, Hollywood, just show the god damn movie.

It's doubly frustrating in cases like this, where you get a satisfying end to the arc only to have a 10 second scene completely upend that. I wish this trend would just work itself the fuck out.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't watched this show yet, if you guys really liked legion, of course aside from "Legion Quest", he also had his own series (kind of) starting from xmen legacy 275 (really just xmen)

it's collected in an omnibus available soon

this was during a VERY horrible (and still is) time in Marvel when they had shitty, shit stories, this was during the AvX, new phoenix shit.

but just for a taste, take a look at some covers
-000.jpg

x-men-legacy-v2-014.jpg

latest?cb=20121115151936

The side characters they use most, is what i liked

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Reminds me of the old Shade, The Changing Man covers during the Vertigo years.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched the first episode of this show. I had no idea that it was set in the X-universe with mutants and shit. Very much of a mind fuck type of episode. And honestly, if I woke up as a hot chick, I'd be jamming as much shit as humanly possible into myself just to see what an orgasm feels like. I mean, they reference grabbing boobs. Big deal.

Strange episode, though.

• 1Like

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished this last week, great all the way through. Any internet sleuths do any work on what was up with David's tshirt collection?