Legion

Caliane

my money is on Lenny, dog, benny, Angriest boy are all David and alt personalities.
fat guy is the shadow king parasite.

David takes Syd to his mindpalace(white room) to fuck. Red room in the background. Lenny is in it talking to David, bargaining to work together. (lenny's telltale playing with the ball against the wall.) Lenny as the hostile invader could be possible here.
David goes off to rescue his sister. We do seem the fat guy killing people in a heat vision camera. could just be one of davids powers.
Rainbow connection. Red room. Angriest boy, and dog together.

as hoss pointed out, "who are you?" "Im david. or, is it lenny. or benny, or king? or my favorite." looks over to David having a seizure, then angriest boy.
They are all David for sure, imo.
Fat guy is then up for grabs. Also david, or parasite?.

Angriest boy leads Syd upstairs. Lenny does touch Syd to close her mouth, then the rest of the motions are telekinetic.
white room now! david :"I cant stop her.. me."
then fat guy comes out of the red room.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Only problem with that is last EP shadow king fat guy explicitly stated he didn't like being in the astral plane speaking as Lenny, then provoked David into anger to get him to leave.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Shadow King lives in Astral Plane. He can't manifest himself (in this show at least) in the real world. He possesses powerful psychics like David who can Astral project him into the real world. Basically he's using David as a gateway as well as using him for powers he may not possess himself.

Lenny is a warped version of Benny I think to better convince David. An attractive female version of his instigator pal that SK can better use to manipulate David, probably because he knows if it was him vs David he wouldn't be able to win.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Wait, is aubrey plaza lenny or benny?

As far as I can tell:
Benny was a real person (a heavier white guy) in the real world that did drugs with David.
"Lenny" was a real person, with Aubrey Plaza's physical shape, that was at Clockworks, that Syd-in-David's-body wall-telefragged. I'm not sure she was ever called Lenny by name, other than by David afterwards (and his memories aren't reliable).
Lenny is King/Angriest Boy/various-characters-in-David's-mind. Lenny is either merely trapped while connected to David's mind when David is in the astral plane or flat out has no physical form anymore. All the astronomy talk makes me wonder if Lenny is even human (or from Earth, period). There is no evidence that "Lenny" was the physical body for Lenny. I'm not sure any memories that David has of his parents weren't created by Lenny.
Yellow-Eyed Fat Bastard is not conclusively Lenny. It could just be pure id - Lenny is the alcohol that removes David's inhibitions, and Yellow is the pure destruction (or fucking, in Syd's case) that follows.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
As long as they have enough situational awareness scene to scene of what the director(s) need or want then the actors understanding everything that is going on with the overall story isn't important. I certainly don't need them to understand it in order to enjoy the show as long as their performances are solid and the story remains interesting.

Now that's not to say if the showrunner is blue balling the audience with what ultimately amounts to irrelevant oddity for oddity's sake that it won't be enough of a disappointment for me to bail at the end of the season because if most of it is then I will.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The main problem I have with this show is that there is absolutely no way in hell enough viewers stick around to get this more than a second season, if that. I'd wager that the only reason it might get a second season at all would have more to do with internal politics than actual ratings, for that matter. Your average viewer couldn't follow Lost (the parts of it that actually were explained anyway), how the fuck will they ever follow this? The last page or so of theories alone is enough to make Mary Homemaker stop watching.

I love that they are trying new shit and not making another fucking cop/lawyer/doctor/firefighter show, don't get me wrong. And I enjoy this show a lot. But yeah, no fucking way your average viewer sticks with a show this fucking confusing. Is the season almost over though? Must be close unless they are doing a full half season or more, right? I could see a big reveal that turns the show into something more "normal" carrying some viewers over to Season 2, but if that one continues like this too much, yeah, I don't see people sticking around to warrant a third.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm fairly confident the show has portrayed the Shadow King (blob fella / demon with yellow eyes) as a bad guy,

Can you give specific examples? Other than him killing everyone on the IR camera, I don't recall anything overtly bad that he's done, and even that is debateable. Everything else has been implication. Because no one else could see him. Because he was lurking. Am I forgetting something?

Only problem with that is last EP shadow king fat guy explicitly stated he didn't like being in the astral plane speaking as Lenny, then provoked David into anger to get him to leave.

Wait, when did he talk? It airs Wednesday, have you seen tomorrow's episode already?

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The main problem I have with this show is that there is absolutely no way in hell enough viewers stick around to get this more than a second season, if that. I'd wager that the only reason it might get a second season at all would have more to do with internal politics than actual ratings, for that matter. Your average viewer couldn't follow Lost (the parts of it that actually were explained anyway), how the fuck will they ever follow this? The last page or so of theories alone is enough to make Mary Homemaker stop watching.

I love that they are trying new shit and not making another fucking cop/lawyer/doctor/firefighter show, don't get me wrong. And I enjoy this show a lot. But yeah, no fucking way your average viewer sticks with a show this fucking confusing. Is the season almost over though? Must be close unless they are doing a full half season or more, right? I could see a big reveal that turns the show into something more "normal" carrying some viewers over to Season 2, but if that one continues like this too much, yeah, I don't see people sticking around to warrant a third.

I think this is about as confusing as Fargo, and FX has had good luck with that show. The average FX viewer might be cut from different cloth than the average TV viewer.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It all depends on what the end game is. I'm convinced that TV Legion becomes Comic Legion at the end of the season, with Syd/SK/others dead and living in his head at Clockworks, because:

1) David's power level is already off the charts, and needs a hard nerfing.
2) That Clockworks set is too expensive (and too featured in the commercial bumpers) to only show up in the pilot and this week's episode.

So if you backtrack from "How do I get a mainstream audience to understand multiple people are living in his head?" then all the assorted weirdness of this season makes sense. I could be entirely wrong on that endgame, however, though I've been entertained even if this doesn't tie together.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Can you give specific examples? Other than him killing everyone on the IR camera, I don't recall anything overtly bad that he's done, and even that is debateable. Everything else has been implication. Because no one else could see him. Because he was lurking. Am I forgetting something?

Wait, when did he talk? It airs Wednesday, have you seen tomorrow's episode already?

Episode 4 - talking to Oliver in the Astral Plane - paraphrasing:

O: Dont worry, he can't get you in here.
D: He?
O: The monster.
O: Ah, he makes you forget. Clever.
D: What are you...?
O: You have an unquiet mind, and so you war with yourself like a dog that tries to chew off his own tail. Like I said I've seen it before.
D: I was schizophrenic I thought - but Melanie said it was because of my powers...
O: Melanie. I knew a Melanie once.
D: You know what, I gotta get out of here. They need me, Amy needs me.
O: Is Amy your girlfriend?
D: No.
O: Sister?
D: How did you...?
O: I wouldn't go out there. It's waiting. The monster. You brought it in here, and now it's hunting you.
D: There is no monster, just me. I know that, just me. It's my psychology.
O: Mmm, monster as metaphor, I like it, but wrong. It's part of you, that's true - but not like a symptom, more like a parasite.
D: What are you saying I'm haunted?

As they do this part, they show the shadow king / yellow eyed demon pacing around outside of the ice capsule he is in with Oliver. Later in the episode (near the end) Lenny talks to David. I'll edit this post with the convo once it happens (I'm rewatching the episode now.)

L: Look it's your little room.
D: I am not in the mood!
L: *whistle* woopsie hey I guess we gotta talk. Kid... hey kid!
D: Are you my friend? because i could really use it.
L: Yes of course I'm your friend, come on it's just - I'm Betsy Toughlove, your mean friend. But don't worry I wuv you.
D: Blow me.
L: I don't swing that way bro, but I could be talked into a circle jerk, that is if you could get it up in this place.
D: Walking around, looking for an exit like an idiot... all those years of practice and now pooh - mission complete. I lost my mind.
L: Well you screwed up kid, I told you not to trust them okay? I mean what kind of a name is Summerland. You let your guard down man, they gave you a shot and now we're here.
D: No he said it wasn't the drugs.
L: Who? Captain Nemo and his giant icecube? Come on man they doped you up and kicked you out of your own body to do who knows what. Uncle fiddly with the glasses and the angry girl inside of him? They could be fingering you right now.
D: Who are you, really?
L: I'm you, I'm me, I'm everything you wanna be.
D: Please.. the truth.
L: Here's the truth pal, we gotta get out of here okay? You and me, because wherever you go, there I am, and I can't hang out in this shit stain no-place much longer, I've got things to do.
D: What does that mean?
L: So I was thinking, if you just concentrate, or if together maybe - hey *snap fingers* or maybe you need a little more motiviation...

Lenny shows him the TV of a guy about to stab Syb, and David rages out, and it shows Lenny/David's faces screaming, and as they merge Lenny's face becomes the Yellow Eyed Demon.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Caliane

its actually Davids face that goes yellow eyes. but yeah, he was referring the very end.

He doesn't talk. but that scene does suggest a direct connecting between lenny, david and yellow eyes, as one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
While they haven't conclusively linked Lenny and Yellow, that may just be for practical reasons - the Yellow suit doesn't interact well or doesn't show well on TV for more than a couple seconds. (Seriously, I don't think the suit can even raise its arms.)

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the transcript Nidhogg Nidhogg .

I don't see where that blows up my pet theory though. I'm sticking with the yellow eyed guy being the real david that's trying to protect him. It's probably hiding from the parasite. As far as I can tell, Lenny et al don't even seem to know about the yellow eyed guy. Who all has seen him? In his memories, at first only David saw him, then his GF. In the real world I guess they all saw him on the IR camera and the badguy who died last saw something. But we're not sure what he saw nor do we know why he has enough expertise to recognize it "wore a human suit" in the few seconds it took to kill him.

Oliver probably was talking about yellow eyes, but he could have been wrong about him being a monster. Oliver seemed to be perceptive, but he wasn't omniscient.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I've been pretty accepting about the pace, but that was a long haul to learn his father is his father, yellow is SK, and his secret weapon is the love of his sister.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just caught up with ep 6. I'm done with this show if they do one more la la land filler char building episode. All this building could be done in 10-20 mins and we could be getting on with the irl story.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What do you think the IRL story is? Is he going to wind up fighting crime in a monster of the week type series?

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Ya I don't think this show is for you if you aren't engaged with the current story arc. Each episode has either revealed a vital plot point or pushed that plot point along.

• 2Like