Legion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
https://news.avclub.com/fx-renews-legion-for-a-third-mind-blowing-season-1826492651

I haven't been as big a fan of Season 2's higher episode counts as it seems like they just gave themselves far more time to spin their own wheels, but I'm glad it will be back next year.

As for the year after that? Who the hell knows:

One of the weird aspects I don't think most people understand is under the Disney / Fox merger, Disney will get Fox's movie and TV production departments, and the FX networks, but not Fox (the network). So assuming they are both on the air past July of 2019:

Legion will be a Disney owned show airing on FX, a Disney owned network.
The Gifted will be a Disney owned show airing on Fox Broadcasting Company, a Fox owned network.

In short, "New" Fox will have to operate without being able to air any shows it produces itself. Given the slow death of network TV, it's uncertain how (or frankly, if) New Fox will survive*. I wouldn't be shocked to see things like The Gifted move over to FX, so who knows if they will also have room for the Legions of the world.

*I would think WB would want to buy New Fox and kill off the CW (which has long been comprised of successful WB owned shows (all the DC shows) and crap CBS forces them to air (Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) and become their own major network, rather than having to give Fox/ABC/CBS/NBC a cut of their shows, but what do I know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Keeping Noah Hawley happy till they get atleast another season of Fargo out of him. Good with me!

• 1Like

Eonan

Doer of Things
This weeks episode was quite good I thought. My only complaint this season came straight out of the Sid episode...which was just overly long for what it was. Season finale next week...looking forward to it to say the least.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I hope this ends with David becoming the villain for season 3.

Is-David-Finally-Going-To-Become-Legion.png

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well, the hero giving his ex a mental roofie is going to be tough to write around.

That said, has this show really done anything but spin it's wheels since "David" was rampaging through Division 3?

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I don't know enough about the comics but does David turn to the villian in those? I thought this season was slow in places and that they were doing weird things just to be weird at times. I thought they did a really good job at showing the psychic battles. I'm not sure about the ending, how much of it was farouk messing with everyone else and how much of it was David's schizophrenia. How bad is it of me that I didn't even realize he mind raped syd until she said something?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the Chapter 12 thing about 9 insane people hanging the sane person was meant to implicate that David, though flawed, is not the monster they all see him as. The mind roofie thing was ehhh. I mean, he basically wiped her mind then had sex with her, not the opposite. Still not great.

Hopefully he just becomes a renegade season 3 and tries to prove he's the hero by doing "good" things. Maybe he'll go full grey jedi and just chill somewhere until some one fucks with him or his friends.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
To be clear, David calls himself God to Lenny before Farouk even wakes up, much less goes mouse mode.

That said, I think Farouk did alter their minds as well, to isolate David to make it easier for Farouk to team up with him down the line, but I have no clue what the structure of the show is in Season 3.

Keep in mind, the show did remind us that Syd raped a dude and sent him to prison for it, so any self made comments about people being the hero should be laughed at vs actually choosing to do good every day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
That psychic battle was amazing this last episode, really liked the music bit and the graphics they used. Feel like the whole season was about establishing that you can’t trust anything they do with the show and so I’m not really sure what to think about that ending.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know enough about the comics but does David turn to the villian in those? I thought this season was slow in places and that they were doing weird things just to be weird at times. I thought they did a really good job at showing the psychic battles. I'm not sure about the ending, how much of it was farouk messing with everyone else and how much of it was David's schizophrenia. How bad is it of me that I didn't even realize he mind raped syd until she said something?
psychic battle was fantastic.

Legion comics are similarly weird at times for sure. more so then even average comics.. which.. yeah.. Comic David very expressly has MANY personalities. thousands. Basically each personality has a power. When one or more personalities take the "driver seat" they can use their powers. main david is depressed, weak, and has a hard time taking control. Occasionally does, and can get the other personalities to follow him, and let him use their powers.
and yes, many of those personalities are expressly horrible, and evil.

last I knew, David erased himself from the timeline, to make sure he never goes bad.

He does/did also have a destined true love girlfriend. who is not Sid. Its Blindfold/Ruth. Xman, telepath/precog.

edit, nope, still around. erasing from timeline failed.
Legion (Marvel Comics) - Wikipedia

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I need to re-watch every episode. The majority of TV is so stale compared to this show, it is just to fucking good.

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Sadly there's also another recent article that says this season will be the last.

Legion is my second favorite show of all time, behind only Game of Thrones.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sadly there's also another recent article that says this season will be the last.

Legion is my second favorite show of all time, behind only Game of Thrones.

The WIRE called and was like WTF?

Did you read the Game of Thrones Books? The Books are so much better than the show I just could never justify putting GoT in my Top 5, not even sure I could say Top 10.

• 2Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yes, I've read all the books, multiple times. GOT is my number one, even if the adaptation of the books is slightly less than ideal, it still deserves it's spot. The Wire is in the top 5 for sure, but Legion just has a quality to it that sets it apart from everything else.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The past two seasons of GoT have firmly taken it out of top show contention.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they've officially said Season 3 is it. Which frankly I am cool with - if I saw that fucking curved hallway in Division 3 one more time, I woulda thrown my shoe at the TV.

Note that Stevens is actually older than than Viserys, so I can't imagine we will get any current timeperiod X-Men.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
God DAMN this show is amazing this season. Every frame is a work of art. Bill Irwin is an absolute master of choreography. The story has its hooks in me so deep all I feel is a void whenever I think about how much I'll miss this show when it's over.

• 2Like