LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure it's a remaster of the 7 existing Lego Star Wars movie episodes, with 8 and 9 added on. The trailers are all shots I recognize from the other games.

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider

It's all new content focusing on parts of the movies that weren't in previous games. TT Lego games all look alike and play the same,
the only real new feature in almost 20 years of games was the inclusion of voices a decade ago or so. They have actually gone backward in recent years with the removal of dynamic split screen from recent titles.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

It's all new content focusing on parts of the movies that weren't in previous games. TT Lego games all look alike and play the same,
the only real new feature in almost 20 years of games was the inclusion of voices a decade ago or so. They have actually gone backward in recent years with the removal of dynamic split screen from recent titles.

Huh. All this time I thought it was a port/remaster of the existing saga.

They're using parts of ep 1-7 that didn't make it into those games? That's...huh. Pretty much all the major setpieces made it into those games, so if this is only covering the uncovered parts, it isn't gonna have much to work with. Unless it means it's got the original stuff, PLUS things that weren't covered. But you said it's all new content. So no Death Star attacks? I'm a little perplexed at this now.

Either way I just want to play Episodes 8 and 9 since the games I already played didn't get to those. Even though those last two movies are kinda shite, I really like these lego interpretations of the movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
If LEGO Anakin doesn't kill a bunch of LEGO Padawans I don't want it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Huh. All this time I thought it was a port/remaster of the existing saga.

They're using parts of ep 1-7 that didn't make it into those games? That's...huh. Pretty much all the major setpieces made it into those games, so if this is only covering the uncovered parts, it isn't gonna have much to work with. Unless it means it's got the original stuff, PLUS things that weren't covered. But you said it's all new content. So no Death Star attacks? I'm a little perplexed at this now.

Either way I just want to play Episodes 8 and 9 since the games I already played didn't get to those. Even though those last two movies are kinda shite, I really like these lego interpretations of the movies.

It's all new content as in, they remade the games entirely from scratch, AND including parts that weren't done/playable before, and also adding movies that weren't in there (Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian). It's not a remaster of the previous games, it's all newly made with new cinematics, new gameplay (some changes at least, it's still a fuckin LEGO game).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Damn, I was hoping they did rewrites of the story when people said it was all new content!

These Lego games are of the few I can enjoy with my girlfriend, so am hype. Which means black friday discounts I'll probably get around to picking it up.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn, I was hoping they did rewrites of the story when people said it was all new content!

These Lego games are of the few I can enjoy with my girlfriend, so am hype. Which means black friday discounts I'll probably get around to picking it up.
Trying to get some games the wife and I can play. Which ones have you liked the best with your girlfriend?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Trying to get some games the wife and I can play. Which ones have you liked the best with your girlfriend?
Lego Hobbit is fun and relaxing. Lego City is good too, more sandbox like than most, kids like it as well.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

She's not much of a gamer, so it has to be "easy" games.

She's a big fan of Jurassic Park so the Lego game of that was peak gaming for us.

Lego Indiana Jones was good, but older and a bit janky. Same as the older Star Wars enough we stopped playing them to wait for this one.

Nintendo Cart Racers 2 was fun enough for her even losing mostly.

Minecraft Dungeons was fun, but had to be easier settings. Castle Crashers similarly.

Button mashing Mortal Combat until I got too good at it.

Been wanting to try Unravel, Phogs and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Crone

She's not much of a gamer, so it has to be "easy" games.

She's a big fan of Jurassic Park so the Lego game of that was peak gaming for us.

Lego Indiana Jones was good, but older and a bit janky. Same as the older Star Wars enough we stopped playing them to wait for this one.

Nintendo Cart Racers 2 was fun enough for her even losing mostly.

Minecraft Dungeons was fun, but had to be easier settings. Castle Crashers similarly.

Button mashing Mortal Combat until I got too good at it.

Been wanting to try Unravel, Phogs and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.
Man, LEGO games are confusing AF. They've been coming out for 2 decades, and so there is a ton of them, and then they've re-released a ton of "trilogies" or "collections" that combine up a lot of games. Trying to get a few of them on Xbox. Lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Was really looking forward to this but still not seeing any reviews and the game launches tonight....

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm only gonna get this if I can get the deluxe edition with the blue-milk luke minifig. The one time where physical edition calls to me.

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Looks good and relaxing. I might have to get this after ER. Eventually I'm going to get tired of gettin' gud.

Last edited:
  • 1Double Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Biggest annoyance so far is the same lazy shit as in other Lego games where the save is on my profile, so it seems player two doesn't get achievements. Don't care personally, but girlfriend thinks it's annoying she doesn't and likes to have them pop.

Went to start a new game so we can play under her profile as player 1 so she can get achievements as I can just do them on my own, but DLC content doesn't seem activated for her profile even though it's my version of the game on my console.

I dunno, it's weird because I bought deluxe but it tries to sell me the addons half the time too, so we'll see how/if they're active or can be on her profile. Or ways to play with her player 1, but might have to redo save file.

Not a big deal, but dumb that lazy shit like this persists. There should be achievement sharing in co-op for these games that are heavily built on couch co-op. Especially as these are games being played with kids and non gamer spouses that may care more about achievements popping.

Hell, there should be a shared save file that either person locked to it can open and work on free play progress solo, because as is player two could spend 100 hours in co-op playing a save them can't access on their own.

Also seems it's locked into split screen with no shared screen when close, which was one of the cooler features of these games (and the screen splits was a nice passive warning when my girlfriend was straying and where she was in relation to me).

WTF. Trying to test making her controller player one. So, continued our saved game that was several hours in and had already gotten off Tattooine, and it started back at the very beginning of the game with no progress of any kind saved.

Crone

Biggest annoyance so far is the same lazy shit as in other Lego games where the save is on my profile, so it seems player two doesn't get achievements. Don't care personally, but girlfriend thinks it's annoying she doesn't and likes to have them pop.

Went to start a new game so we can play under her profile as player 1 so she can get achievements as I can just do them on my own, but DLC content doesn't seem activated for her profile even though it's my version of the game on my console.

I dunno, it's weird because I bought deluxe but it tries to sell me the addons half the time too, so we'll see how/if they're active or can be on her profile. Or ways to play with her player 1, but might have to redo save file.

Not a big deal, but dumb that lazy shit like this persists. There should be achievement sharing in co-op for these games that are heavily built on couch co-op. Especially as these are games being played with kids and non gamer spouses that may care more about achievements popping.

Hell, there should be a shared save file that either person locked to it can open and work on free play progress solo, because as is player two could spend 100 hours in co-op playing a save them can't access on their own.

Also seems it's locked into split screen with no shared screen when close, which was one of the cooler features of these games (and the screen splits was a nice passive warning when my girlfriend was straying and where she was in relation to me).

WTF. Trying to test making her controller player one. So, continued our saved game that was several hours in and had already gotten off Tattooine, and it started back at the very beginning of the game with no progress of any kind saved.
I forsee some patches incoming to fix some shit?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I forsee some patches incoming to fix some shit?

Looks like some others complaining of no progress saved. So hope that's fixed or there was a better way to confirm saves.

Achievements and how save files are handled in Lego games has been a long time complaint. They're either unable or unwilling to address it. Some gamer couples who care about 100%ing games play through them all twice, but meh.

Have to learn to take the good with the very obvious lazy game design that plagues the industry these days.

Game is still awesome fun, just annoying trying to manage my non-gamer girlfriend's experience with janky stuff. Like spent 20 minutes last night because the game and controllers refused to figure out which player/controller was player 1. Had to wipe all controller assignments to get it to work right.

Crone

Looks like some others complaining of no progress saved. So hope that's fixed or there was a better way to confirm saves.

Achievements and how save files are handled in Lego games has been a long time complaint. They're either unable or unwilling to address it. Some gamer couples who care about 100%ing games play through them all twice, but meh.

Have to learn to take the good with the very obvious lazy game design that plagues the industry these days.

Game is still awesome fun, just annoying trying to manage my non-gamer girlfriend's experience with janky stuff. Like spent 20 minutes last night because the game and controllers refused to figure out which player/controller was player 1. Had to wipe all controller assignments to get it to work right.
What platform are you playing on?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Something just very broken with digital deluxe pre-order on xbox. Can play, but wants to sell me DLC character packs. In the store it says I don't own the game or any add-ons. Maybe that's why all progress was wiped from last night.

My girlfriend had forgotten about the game, but had been excited for it last year when we stopped playing the other one because it was a bit too janky and hard for her. Now that I've spent more time dicking around trying to figure out what's wrong with it kinda wishing I really had waited for sales and kinks to be worked out.