LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Dang, that's the platform I was going to get it on. Lol.

Think the issue is preorder version transitioning to current launch version with the "you don't own this" problems. Are some general bugs in game, but ordering the launch version should avoid whatever weirdness goes on between pre-order and launch versions on MS accounts.

Just wish I could figure out if I'll be able to access everything using my girlfriend's account as the first player so I can start a new save and get us progressed back to where we were.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So pretty much my first Lego game. There are some serious laughing moments so far - I am moving from Episode 1-9 in order.

There is so much going on that I am just going through the storyline stuff. Overall pretty hilarious so far with the mocking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So pretty much my first Lego game. There are some serious laughing moments so far - I am moving from Episode 1-9 in order.

There is so much going on that I am just going through the storyline stuff. Overall pretty hilarious so far with the mocking.
This last weekend I played LEGO Jurassic World and it too was my first LEGO game. I had seen my son play LEGO City Undercover and it didn't look that great, but he was going full Free Play mode (I didn't know it at the time), and was just messing around in the world. Following the story in Jurassic Park, and hearing the classic movie lines, the jokes, and how they implement coop made for a fantastic experience and can't wait to play more of them including The Skywalker Saga.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The quality of everything is in decline.

For a while I thought I might be a deluded old man yelling at clouds (I'm 37) when I thought everything was getting worse and worse qualitywise. Now I'm totally sure of it, it isn't in our heads. It's very noticeable across the board in pretty much everything consumerist. Impossible to reach a real person at basically any company now, when I order things it's a crapshoot whether they'll get delivered to the right address, games release buggy or unplayable (even big AAAA ones like Call of Duty, on PS5 the 2019 one doesn't play more than a minute without blacking out). Chrono Cross "remaster" came out today and it's basically just higher-res with no real remastering and the framerate is still what it was in 2000. I don't generally bitch about first-world problems like framerate but it's just another example of how much lower quality and effort have gotten in the US.

I spent some time in the boondocks of France a few years ago and this is kind of how it was there, lot of stuff just doesn't work right. I was thankful that the US was so far ahead, but now I see us going down the same path. Also our cities are now covered in grafitti just like Paris, another thing I looked at a few years ago and went "why doesn't anyone clean this shit up" / "at least the US doesn't look like this"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

About how long is each episode?

I bought this game last night to play after I finish Arceus which'll probably be tonight. Originally I just wanted to play Episode 8 and 9 since they're the ones that never got a game previously. However they're locked behind Episode 7. I really hope Episode 7 isn't 15 hours long like the full game version of Episode 7 was. I just played that a couple months ago in preparation for this and don't feel like playing it again.

I was considering starting from Ep 1 and just going through all of them if the episodes are generally shorter than they were in their full game versions. HLTB says this is an 18 hour game, which is much shorter than the combined totals of the Episode 1-3 game (7 hours), 4-6 game (11 hours), and 7 game (9 hours which I think is lowballing it) were.

Hopefully the episodes are all streamlined a bit and that's why it's 10 hours shorter than all the episodes by themselves, despite adding two new ones.

TLDR, I'm not sure whether to start at Ep 7 and get to 8 and 9 like I wanted to, or just start at Ep 1 because none of them are that long and I'd have more fun running through the whole thing

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I bought this game last night to play after I finish Arceus which'll probably be tonight. Originally I just wanted to play Episode 8 and 9 since they're the ones that never got a game previously. However they're locked behind Episode 7. I really hope Episode 7 isn't 15 hours long like the full game version of Episode 7 was. I just played that a couple months ago in preparation for this and don't feel like playing it again.

I was considering starting from Ep 1 and just going through all of them if the episodes are generally shorter than they were in their full game versions. HLTB says this is an 18 hour game, which is much shorter than the combined totals of the Episode 1-3 game (7 hours), 4-6 game (11 hours), and 7 game (9 hours which I think is lowballing it) were.

Hopefully the episodes are all streamlined a bit and that's why it's 10 hours shorter than all the episodes by themselves, despite adding two new ones.

TLDR, I'm not sure whether to start at Ep 7 and get to 8 and 9 like I wanted to, or just start at Ep 1 because none of them are that long and I'd have more fun running through the whole thing
Quit overanalyzing and just start at the beginning and go through them all!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Not that long I think I whipped through Episode 1 in like 2-3 hours. But I didn't do anything but the main story stuff. Episode 2 seems longer. I cannot comment yet on anything else because first lego game and all that - but either way - the mocking is hilarious. Especially the Queen Amadala mockery of "NO WAIT IM THE QUEEN!" and 56 characters all coming in including Jawa's and sandpeople lol claiming to be the queen.

Some old dude "NO ME... I AM!"
Jawa: "UTINI!!!!"
Sandpeople: "REEEEE HAHAHA"

lol I was laughing for a good 3 minutes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220408_190635.jpg

Okay yall win, started at Ep 1. Just finished it. I think Darth Maul was the end in the original Lego Episode 1, but here we had a couple extra stages after that which was cool. It seems to be flying by and I feel like these new versions of the episodes are quicker than the originals while actually having more levels / material covered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thinking of picking this up for the switch, since its a Lego game I wont miss anything graphically I assume?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just plowed through Eps 2 and 3 very quickly (3 hours for Ep 2 and 2 hours for Ep 3, and that's with pausing it to take some breaks). On Ep 4 now. Gonna try to get through to the end of 6 today and then try the third trilogy whenever I have another free day.

This game looks REALLY nice on PS5. They actually did a lot with it visually, especially with light effects (which Star Wars has a lot of).

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So actually, upon looking at the reviews for this, it's getting really good grades on the Switch, with reviewers being surprised with it. So I'll probably end up picking it up for that.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got it for PS5 today and they brought out the switch version which I almost just let them do… but I guess if I REALLY like it maybe I’ll get it for switch when it’s on sale in a couple years.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished 4-6, what a blast. I particularly liked the Hoth outdoor Tauntaun level where you go around hitting radar towers. The colors and general ambient mood there were nice. Also the obligatory Hoth war stage was great as usual. I remember when Shadows of the Empire gave us one of those in real 3D (not Mode-7 like the SNES ESB game) and it was such a revelation. Too bad the rest of Shadows of the Empire kinda sucked compared to that first level. The space battle at the end was good too but not many people got that far.

Now that I'm an hour into it and like halfway through the movie I can confirm that Ep 7 isn't gigantic like Lego TFA. I think all the episodes are shorter than they were initially and I'm not getting stuck anywhere near as often due to the waypoints and objectives just being more obvious. It actually feels like there's content missing, like the second Death Star assault is just a quick cutscene and Ep 6 ends after the Emperor fight. That was a surprise and felt very rushed.