Let's all go to the lobby - The Culinary Experience

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just get yourself a whirly pop cooker and a carton of flavacol and you are most of the way there
don't forget this way to pour butter
748bb4ea18288f1e596c232f8ef15562.png

Silicone Nonstick Chocolate Melting Pot Melt Butter Heat Milk Sauce Microwave Baking Pot

if you ever tried melting butter in a bowl or using the stupid air popper cup, this is amazing.

Cybsled

That melting pot thing seems like it would be a pain in the ass to wash

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The fuck is all this fondue and fake butter nonsense? Kerrygold on the stove top til golden brown, done.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fuck is all this fondue and fake butter nonsense? Kerrygold on the stove top til golden brown, done.
people like movie theater accurate popcorn. you wont ever get kerryfucking gold butter in a theater. everything i list is exactly what the theater uses

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Most movie theaters dont use real butter because the fake shit is more cost effective. Only place I find real melted butter is tiny Art House type spots.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Use the shittiest, carcinogenic, cancerous oil, toss some 3 year old popcorn kernels into a hot spill over pan, and then cover it in the shittiest, 3rd rate bulk market artificial butter that's liquid at room temperature. And make sure the carpets are sticky with the smell of dried cum and bubble gum, and the seats are squeaky and blown out. Only then can you live the true movie going popcorn experience.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Use the shittiest, carcinogenic, cancerous oil, toss some 3 year old popcorn kernels into a hot spill over pan, and then cover it in the shittiest, 3rd rate bulk market artificial butter that's liquid at room temperature. And make sure the carpets are sticky with the smell of dried cum and bubble gum, and the seats are squeaky and blown out. Only then can you live the true movie going popcorn experience.
the only thing i use that isnt movie theater correct is the cooking oil. i break out the Filippo Berio olive oil to pop the popcorn in the popper.
iu

if you're italian, this is your staple oil you cook everything with.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It's also probably not 100% olive oil lol. The vast majority of olive oil coming from Europe and Italy in particular have been found to have been cut with cheaper oils to reduce costs from what I recollect. I usually get stuff from California.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
people like movie theater accurate popcorn. you wont ever get kerryfucking gold butter in a theater. everything i list is exactly what the theater uses
if you want to live enough to watch Episode 10: Rise of the Palpatines,

stop using pretend butter

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the only thing i use that isnt movie theater correct is the cooking oil. i break out the Filippo Berio olive oil to pop the popcorn in the popper.
iu

if you're italian, this is your staple oil you cook everything with.
lately i've totally switched to using all canola oil for cooking, i mainly use my wok and it gets too hot for the pathetic smoke point of olive oil, and when i do use the stove i've switched over to carbon steel there as well and i've heard a theory that wheat based oils (canola) will keep the seasoning better vs berry (olive) oils.

spronk

FPS noob
why the fuck do so many of you love popcorn, the thing i love about watching movies at home is i can eat and drink whatever the fuck i want. I had chinese food while watching Godzilla so I could immerse myself in what Godzilla was eating, nothing beats a warm pork bun while Godzilla fucks up Hong Kong

for Mortal Kombat i'll probably go with a nice rare sous vide porterhouse steak and a glass of chianti. fucking popcorn plebs

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
why the fuck do so many of you love popcorn, the thing i love about watching movies at home is i can eat and drink whatever the fuck i want. I had chinese food while watching Godzilla so I could immerse myself in what Godzilla was eating, nothing beats a warm pork bun while Godzilla fucks up Hong Kong

for Mortal Kombat i'll probably go with a nice rare sous vide porterhouse steak and a glass of chianti. fucking popcorn plebs

tenor.gif

Atmosphere, my good friend. Atmosphere.

KeenCapitalAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's also probably not 100% olive oil lol. The vast majority of olive oil coming from Europe and Italy in particular have been found to have been cut with cheaper oils to reduce costs from what I recollect. I usually get stuff from California.
yeah i heard about that , my family have been using that oil since the 40s, all my friends used that oil too. its the most popular olive oil in the world probably.
if you want to live enough to watch Episode 10: Rise of the Palpatines,

stop using pretend butter
i only use enough to taste it, i dont put a lot on the popcorn in the theater, i know people soak out the bag with that shit, i just put some on the top and let it work its way down
lately i've totally switched to using all canola oil for cooking, i mainly use my wok and it gets too hot for the pathetic smoke point of olive oil, and when i do use the stove i've switched over to carbon steel there as well and i've heard a theory that wheat based oils (canola) will keep the seasoning better vs berry (olive) oils.
that smoke point works to my advantage because it cooks the popcorn faster and with my oldschool popper I'm done in 11 minutes.
iu

you can have chinese food or drink whatever you want at home. you go to the theater for the movies and the hot popcorn. its like when people used to go to the baseball games, they got hot nuts and maybe a box of cracker jacks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah i heard about that , my family have been using that oil since the 40s, all my friends used that oil too. its the most popular olive oil in the world probably.
i'm pretty sure my italian friends had that brand too, or something like that with all the "green" vine scenery

they'd keep it under the sink cuz the can was huge and you couldn't put it away in like a cupboard , and you had zero countertop space in old homes.

• 1Like

Cybsled

If you're worried about smoke point, Avacado oil is the highest at like 500F. It used to be fairly hard to find, but now you can find it in any supermarket.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you're worried about smoke point, Avacado oil is the highest at like 500F. It used to be fairly hard to find, but now you can find it in any supermarket.
if you put the cold oil in the hot pan, doesnt that help with the smokepoint?

Cybsled

Not really. Usually the point is to heat the oil up, then add the stuff you are cooking. Smoke point is just at what temperature the oil begins to burn/let off smoke. It all comes down to what you’re cooking and how hot

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not really. Usually the point is to heat the oil up, then add the stuff you are cooking. Smoke point is just at what temperature the oil begins to burn/let off smoke. It all comes down to what you’re cooking and how hot
i do cast iron cooking and the rule of thumb for less sticking food is heat the pan up, then add the oil and then the food. the food cools down the pan. this way you dont burn the oil. but to each their own.

• 2Like