Let's all go to the lobby - The Culinary Experience

Cybsled

Maybe that’s why. I use ceramic non-stick because fuck having to deal with stuck on food lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe that’s why. I use ceramic non-stick because fuck having to deal with stuck on food lol
some people say its a myth, others swear by it. its a preference, especially for cast iron cooking because you want the pan evenly heated first. hot pan cold oil is also a thing for chinese food.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive ruined a new nonstick pans by putting the oil in first. Started doing the oil after the pans gotten warmed up and its definitely made my pans last way longer and my food has turned out infinitely better.

• 1Like

Animosity

$15 popcorn maker from Target. Best purchase I made all year. But really who just eats popcorn when watching movies at home.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
$15 popcorn maker from Target. Best purchase I made all year. But really who just eats popcorn when watching movies at home.
i do every week. the popcorn maker i linked above is mainly why. i like oldschool appliances. i have a GE wafflemaker from the 60s that makes waffles from my childhood.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every thread in the movies forum has become a popcorn cooking thread and I have no issues with this.
i feel its my civic duty to educate everyone on the secret of Flavocol. if you arent using it in your movie popcorn, then you are WRONG.

• 1Barf

Cybsled

If you’re really honest with yourself, the popcorn is usually the main draw of going to the movies most of the time. It certainly isn’t being stuck next to people who won’t Stfu or blind you with their phone screens

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

If you’re really honest with yourself, the popcorn is usually the main draw of going to the movies most of the time. It certainly isn’t being stuck next to people who won’t Stfu or blind you with their phone screens
The super tall guy with the giant hair in front of you is why I go.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The super tall guy with the giant hair in front of you is why I go.
The super gay dude, screaming, flailing, laughing uncontrollably, and just generally being a flaming faggot the whole time. That asshole almost. ALMOST. Ruined Infinity War for me.

Also had these loud drunk jarheads at the 3D release of Top Gun piss off this old Navy veteran. That was unique.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the cooking thread has moved entirely to cast iron/carbon steel

we still have 1 or 2 holdouts using a teflon pan for eggs

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the cooking thread has moved entirely to cast iron/carbon steel

we still have 1 or 2 holdouts using a teflon pan for eggs
i recently purchased a cast aluminum pan. its a little different from my cast iron, but it isnt bad, its lighter as well. if you're still using teflon, then you be wrong.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the only thing i use that isnt movie theater correct is the cooking oil. i break out the Filippo Berio olive oil to pop the popcorn in the popper.
iu

if you're italian, this is your staple oil you cook everything with.

Costco's Kirkland brand is better than this

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
some people say its a myth, others swear by it. its a preference, especially for cast iron cooking because you want the pan evenly heated first. hot pan cold oil is also a thing for chinese food.
cold oil like in the fridge? no i believe why you think thats a myth is b/c when you cook with a wok you don't cook on med-heat, you turn it to 11

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was pretty pointless as everyone talks about popcorn now in all the movie threads, but good luck with the modding.
yeah thats what better means
"better" is subjective. it could be better as in the oil is purer and more "healthy". the Filippo Berio oil has a distinct flavor which is associated with pastas. thats why its the italian people oil because everyone grew up with it and will keep on using it. I'm not putting Costco oil down because i havent tried it, the point is i wont try it because i have Filippo Berio.