Limitless

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Mora isn't the only one who thought about removing the side effects.. Sands entire organization is doing that by holding Piper hostage and making the immunity shots for themselves. It took Mora half a year to a year and millions of dollars in investment to tweak the drug. Not everyone has that idea, thinks it's possible, has the resources to follow through on it, etc.. The only other person who might have been able to do it was the guy they were going to do the business merger with in the movie, but maybe he tried it and the pharmacology people he hired weren't able to crack it for whatever reason. I mean, the company that originally created NZT has a team of people working on the drug, and you know they have been trying to remove the adverse side effects the entire time too. Mora was supposedly one of the smartest people to ever take the drug in the first place, and he also got very lucky in cracking it the way he did.

I agree with xarpolis, I think you are really stretching here.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Mora isn't the only one who thought about removing the side effects.. Sands entire organization is doing that by holding Piper hostage and making the immunity shots for themselves. It took Mora half a year to a year and millions of dollars in investment to tweak the drug. Not everyone has that idea, thinks it's possible, has the resources to follow through on it, etc.. The only other person who might have been able to do it was the guy they were going to do the business merger with in the movie, but maybe he tried it and the pharmacology people he hired weren't able to crack it for whatever reason. I mean, the company that originally created NZT has a team of people working on the drug, and you know they have been trying to remove the adverse side effects the entire time too. Mora was supposedly one of the smartest people to ever take the drug in the first place, and he also got very lucky in cracking it the way he did.

I agree with xarpolis, I think you are really stretching here.
Nothing in your post explains why Mora was able to do all this and nobody else could. How could anyone NOT have the idea if they're on NZT? And as far as resources, Mora was broke when he started taking NZT. He became a millionaire overnight because of how trivial it made the stock market.

The only thing you've said that relates to my point is that "Mora was supposedly one of of the smartest people to every take the drug". I'll accept that was a genius that just never applied himself, but when was that explained?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
also remember nzt also "focus's" "your essence" thus the analytical guy got more ofthat, the one that loved extreme sports got better at that (climbing the building on the episode they stole nzt) the guy with the sharp memory "remembered" a smell etc. artists got more artistic

its the generalist, the ones that dabble in everything, seems to make out the best. like mora, like finch, not focusing on "one" thing prior to nzt enables to focus on ALL things while on NZT.

or that is my theory. i could be wrong- never saw the movie.

Citz

Silver Squire
That and we only see the story through Brian. Maybe other NZT users managed to find a cure and kept it on the down-low just like Mora did. Hiding in plain sight. The cure is something that very few people know about.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That felt like a series finale. I hope not.
frown.png

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great finale and it did feel like a series finale, easily my favorite new show. This show mixes humor and drama insanely well.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Nothing in your post explains why Mora was able to do all this and nobody else could. How could anyone NOT have the idea if they're on NZT?
No, I did explain that. It was a combination of resources, focus and luck. He offered the scientist like half a mil to crack it in a certain amount of time, after the guy had expressed how difficult it would be to even recreate it, much less improve upon it. The scene at the end of the movie is supposedly some time after that, maybe a year, maybe two, where he says he's improved upon the formula. It was kept vague in the movie, but the show suggests he simply found a booster shot to eliminate the side effects, not that he actually changed the drug to where it has no side effects and he doesn't need it anymore (that part seems to have been him bluffing De Niro's character mostly).

There's been very few characters in such a position to be able to follow through on the idea, and of the ones that did, a few have now done it (Sands and co, through Piper). Even if 1 out of 5 people who take it for an extended period of time have the idea, only like 1 out of 1,000 of them would have the resources to try it. Then, it's not even guaranteed to succeed either.

For all we know, there is another one or two that have made a booster shot, or improved on the drug.. that might become a plot point in the next season, who knows?

Brand

Molten Core Raider
No, I did explain that. It was a combination of resources, focus and luck. He offered the scientist like half a mil to crack it in a certain amount of time, after the guy had expressed how difficult it would be to even recreate it, much less improve upon it. The scene at the end of the movie is supposedly some time after that, maybe a year, maybe two, where he says he's improved upon the formula. It was kept vague in the movie, but the show suggests he simply found a booster shot to eliminate the side effects, not that he actually changed the drug to where it has no side effects and he doesn't need it anymore (that part seems to have been him bluffing De Niro's character mostly).

There's been very few characters in such a position to be able to follow through on the idea, and of the ones that did, a few have now done it (Sands and co, through Piper). Even if 1 out of 5 people who take it for an extended period of time have the idea, only like 1 out of 1,000 of them would have the resources to try it. Then, it's not even guaranteed to succeed either.

For all we know, there is another one or two that have made a booster shot, or improved on the drug.. that might become a plot point in the next season, who knows?
I hope they keep going, but maybe change the characters and focus...Like American Horror Story, or The Wire...Each season focuses on a different group, but they keep the legacy characters to drive the main plot.

It DID feel like a finale though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not sure if you're understanding what I'm saying.

Coming up with "resources" was absolutely trivial for Mora. He could practically predict the stock market with 100% accuracy, but you don't think anyone else would be able to come up with "resources" while on NZT. That's implying Mora is special, but for no real reason. The guy went from stoner loser to political office in that 6 months to a year and is now running for President.

Also don't understand how you can think 80% of people on NZT, a drug that makes you impossibly smart, wouldn't even have the idea.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding the finale, when Piper suddenly appeared at Brian's parent's house, I swore that she was suddenly the "big bad" of the series. Then I was thinking the shot she gave him was going to kill him or something.

I guess it didn't work out that way, but it definitely felt like it at first.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually thought he was seeing things. Good finale, glad me can move past the immunity shot stuff.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I actually thought he was seeing things. Good finale, glad me can move past the immunity shot stuff.
I thought he was having NZT side effects and imagining it all and we'd see a shot of him lying in a gutter or a hospital bed on life support or something like that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Awesome finale, and I loved the interviews at the end, but I'm pissed that Piper is most likely not a part of the show going forward. God I love that woman.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure if you're understanding what I'm saying.

Coming up with "resources" was absolutely trivial for Mora. He could practically predict the stock market with 100% accuracy, but you don't think anyone else would be able to come up with "resources" while on NZT. That's implying Mora is special, but for no real reason. The guy went from stoner loser to political office in that 6 months to a year and is now running for President.

Also don't understand how you can think 80% of people on NZT, a drug that makes you impossibly smart, wouldn't even have the idea.
Ok, so, for one, Mora didn't know about the side effects when he started taking the drug. When it started to effect him, he lucked out and talked to his ex, who was related to the initial dealer, and got the info. He then figured out how to regulate it a bit, but most people did not. So, even if every single person who takes it thought they could change the drug, most would either die from the side effects before they finish, or stop taking the drug.

Also, you are equating 'super smart' with being able to literally do everything perfectly. That's not how the drug works for everyone who takes it. Rebecca figured out how to shut down the pain receptors in her brain, Finch never did. She had incredible willpower and investigative skills, those became much stronger. The dumb bitch at the rave party became 'super annoying' and delved deeper into conspiracy theories. It amplifies someone's intelligence and normal abilities. If you are already much smarter then average, it can make you a super genius like Mora and Finch. If you are below average, it can help your vocabulary and such, but you aren't a super hero level genius (i.e. thug guy in the movie, or Finch's coworker at the electronics shop). Mora and Finch's experiences are not the blueprint for what happens to everyone when they take NZT, they are exceptions. Not everyone becomes a multi-millionaire overnight or can predict the stock market the way he did.

Also, before the release of NZT to the masses, there was maybe a hundred or so people taking NZT at all. The flood of NZT has only been going on for a matter of weeks. It took Mora longer then that to even notice any side effects.

This isn't a plot hole. There's plenty of completely reasonable explanations for why creating the immunity shot has been a rare occurrence.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nerds!

Seriously though, let's not forget that apparently the immunity shot requires that super rare plant. Even if the pill enabled you to instantly know what was needed (which it clearly doesn't), there are only so many ways to get that plant. So even if a million people are trying to make the shot at the same time, only a few are going to obtain it. Assuming there isn't another way it can be made, of course, but the materials for alternate shots are not guaranteed to be any less rare.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I try not to link everything from the movie to the TV show. As for the ending I thought it was a delusion, it was just too perfect of an ending for Brian which is probably because they didnt know if it would get another season. As for Piper, why do people think she wont be back? I was kind of sad to see Sans get killed off

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got the feeling toward the end of the episode that the dad was involved with the Legion of Whom.