Liquors & Cocktails

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Buddy helped me do some home repairs and move and I'm looking to pay off my bro-debt. He's a jack daniels man and his favorite regular drink is gentleman jack.

What's a good option that has similar drink characteristics for a step up from this in the ~100$ range?

That’s specifically made to drink very smooth, but because of that has little complexity. Its closest to a bourbon, but 100 dollar bottles of bourbon are typically the opposite.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This stuff is unreal good. It's like drinking super high quality vanilla ice cream
IMG_20200529_224712.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
614E99C2-A938-4744-913A-13DBB61E234B.jpeg
Managed to hit a dream today. Only took 5 years to get in the good graces of the owner. Somehow no one asked to reserve and I was able to grab all 3

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Man congrats. Of all the Pappy, I hear the 15 year is the best (better than 23, etc). Enjoy those, don't save them, don't scalp them!
Decided to save them and share them with friends for very special occasions. It truly was a lucky jackpot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, I basically never like Gin. Why would I like the taste of dirt, I don't understand. That said, I got to try the below the other day, and it's fucking amazing. I don't even know what to really tell you it tastes like, it's just good. I put the stuff from their website below. Also, it's actually blue in the bottle. I guess it reacts to PH from stuff like Lemonade (what I was recommended to drink it with) or Tonic and will turn Purple > Pink the more you add to it. Pretty neat. I don't know if they distribute outside of Florida, and it's fairly recent that they started distributing outside of their distillery.

1626663227154.png

1626663329969.png

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Gin is the best. I've started aging gin in mini oak barrels and it's delicious on the rocks.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to gift my buddy a bottle of vodka or whiskey as he just had his first child. I don't drink, so anyone give me a suggestion? Would be somewhere to order online and ship directly to his house. I think we're ok with shipping because we're in WA state.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I want to gift my buddy a bottle of vodka or whiskey as he just had his first child. I don't drink, so anyone give me a suggestion? Would be somewhere to order online and ship directly to his house. I think we're ok with shipping because we're in WA state.
If he likes Whiskey you're better off with Whiskey, because for the most part good vodka is good vodka, and it really doesn't matter. There is a ton of cheaper vodka that is great.

Do you know what kind of stuff he drinks?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If he likes Whiskey you're better off with Whiskey, because for the most part good vodka is good vodka, and it really doesn't matter. There is a ton of cheaper vodka that is great.

Do you know what kind of stuff he drinks?
Most of the time I hear about it he’s cranking a couple shots in the evening to relax and that’s about it.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We had a thread about gift whiskey here:

If he’s not a bourbon snob there are plenty of solid accessible options. If he is a snob don’t bother looking for anything rare.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Vodka is a safer choice, but whiskey will be appreciated more if he likes whiskey. There's a wide range of whiskey though and not everyone likes the same stuff. If you can't find out what he likes get him a nice rye. Stay away from scotch unless you know he drinks it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So today they tried to sell me Proof ice cream. It's ice cream with liquor in it, 7% ABV. I got to try the bourbon caramel and strawberry moonshine. Honestly the stuff is pretty good, although it's on the costly side and would likely sell in the $9.99 a pint range.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Bad news for me, my supplier of good bourbon sold his store and retired. Feels bad man.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers