LitRPG

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He's still a complete piece of shit who won the lottery. He is the archtype character of the shitty older brother who is constantly in gambling debts, produces nothing, can't hold down a job, and only has the stupidest ideas of all time to fix his situation. Furthering himself into more debt until his next stupid idea. That is the basis of his character. The supporting characters around him are far more talented, considerate, and hardworking but they fail solely because his dumbass class has such overwhelmingly obscene advantages that they can't do anything about it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Frank is back, baby!

Audible apparently too.

Right in time too, because I started the Rogue Ascension series, the one where he's a Shade Dragon Rogue, and meh. Don't like the main character much at all. I honestly just want to read more about the siren princess and her people, not this dipshit. I've finished two of them and will probably keep reading after Ripple #5, but if something else pops up I'll likely gladly jump to that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chubzy Wombat

Molten Core Raider
Hey I'm using audible exclusively and could use some more LiTRPG suggestions I am currently letting credits go to waste because I'm just going back and checking for next books in my series.

Some things I already own:
Climbing the dragons tower 1-3 by han yang
God's eye by Aleron Kong
He who fights with monsters by shirtaloom & Travis Deverell
The land series by Alarong Kong
Dungeon born by Dakota Krout

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hey I'm using audible exclusively and could use some more LiTRPG suggestions I am currently letting credits go to waste because I'm just going back and checking for next books in my series.

God's eye by Aleron Kong
The Ten Realms
Full Murderhobo
Awaken Online
Arcane Ascension by Andrew Rowe (He has a few different spin offs from it as well in the same universe that expand)

First 2 are completed I believe

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

God's eye by Aleron Kong
Dungeon Crawler Carl
Life Reset
Everybody loves large chests (not entirely what you think from the name)
Cradle
Bobiverse

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
In case you don't know, Shirtaloon is the pen name on web, Travis Deverell is the name on amazon. Same aussie.

Among the suggestions already made: Dungeon Crawler Carl (DCC) is very good, I concur. Dark Humor at every corner (Matt Dinniman loves dark settings). Still ongoing, the series hasn't ended.

The Ten Realms is basically a cultivation series masquerading as LitRPG, as it's often the case these days. Just add guns. Cradle is pure cultivation, no LitRPG at all; Arcane Ascension is a magic series that people call LitRPG-adjacent because people get a "class", but there are no stats or anything there (and the other novels in the series essentially confirm that those classes are essentially crutches that replace a proper attunement to magic). The Bobiverse is classic scifi.

Everybody loves large chests is a bit tamer on amazon/audible than the original web series. Fair warning: smut, SM, rape, gratuitous violence abounds. One of the main characters had so much self-hate after traumatic rape she essentially turns herself into a full cyborg. Series is over on web, still being published.

I'm going to add some stuff that you might find interesting and that I know has audio (I don't do audio):

- Dawn of the Void (Phil Tucker), completed trilogy. People hated the ending, and Phil confessed he decided abruptly to wrap it up rather than string the series along. But it's a good system apocalypse.
- Return of the Runebound Professor (Actus), recent ongoing series (I think only 2 books are out on amazon/audio). A non-litRPG progression fantasy featuring what is technically an Ancient Lich. That also happens to be a former teacher of music who plays darts.
- Speedrunning the Multiverse (Adastra339), complete series. Another cultivation series wrapped under a litrpg paper. Bored god is speedrunning the entire ascension progress from zero to god when things go sideways.
- Defiance of the Fall (JF Brink), ongoing slow-ass ultra-long series (#12 already there, #13 coming out this month). Lots of people love it, lots of people got bored by it (me included), your mileage may vary.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Lots of good suggestions - I'd also add:
Elydes
Bog-Standard Isekai

Both of them are creative and pretty different from the standard run of the mill litrpg. Note this solely from the text version, I have no idea if the voice actors suck or whatever.

On the slightly less litrpg front could also give Vainqueur the Dragon or The Perfect Run a go, the former is a satire of litrpg in general where a hapless thief accidentally manages to convince an ancient red dragon to become an adventurer and the latter is a cheerful psychopath with the ability to rewind time and a fixation on having everything turn out perfectly.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Shadeslinger/Ripple System, the one I mentioned above with one of the greatest characters in any litrpg series (after Donut), Frank. Book 5 just came out. Fair warning, it is pretty much what it would be like if you lived as an EQ/WoW character and belonged to a high level guild doing raids. The last book was nothing but raids. But it is all worth it for Frank.

I probably ranted about it in this thread previously, but fuck Arcane Ascension right in the ass. The prequel/adjacent books were fairly decent, and the first couple of this series were tolerable, but Book 4 went mega-infinity-woke and on top of that was incredibly fucking boring for the 50% of the book that I read and then (metaphorically) threw it in the trash. I will never read anything by that faggot ever again.

I heartily third/fourth/whatever Dungeon Crawler Carl.

For the scifi stuff, I agree with Bobiverse. If you like that, you might like Murderbot, but I'm unsure if there is an audiobook version. I have to think so with how popular it is.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I probably ranted about it in this thread previously, but fuck Arcane Ascension right in the ass. The prequel/adjacent books were fairly decent, and the first couple of this series were tolerable, but Book 4 went mega-infinity-woke and on top of that was incredibly fucking boring for the 50% of the book that I read and then (metaphorically) threw it in the trash. I will never read anything by that faggot ever again.
Rowe is the reason the Progression Fantasy subreddit has a pride flag icon. He started with the usual pride month flag, then said he'd extend it by a month anytime someone complained.

Two years later...

• 1Barf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Shadeslinger/Ripple System, the one I mentioned above with one of the greatest characters in any litrpg series (after Donut), Frank. Book 5 just came out. Fair warning, it is pretty much what it would be like if you lived as an EQ/WoW character and belonged to a high level guild doing raids. The last book was nothing but raids. But it is all worth it for Frank.
I agree the latest book went a bit overboard on the raid aspect. It’s done well, but he should have limited it a bit more because it does get repetitive. All of the actual character and story progress happens between raids, so having it take so much of the book really condenses down the rest. Still love it overall, though I haven’t listened to the audio version.

Same. I really wish these authors would put all of their bullshit up front so that I don’t waste my time. This series went from pretty good to pure aids as he ratcheted up the gay/trans agenda. First books had a bit of it which you could kind of ignore, but it’s definitely to the point I’m not going to be picking up anything from him again.

Also, Dungeon crawler Carl is probably my favorite audio book series. Jeff Hays is just perfect in it.

• 2Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Frank is back, baby!

Audible apparently too.

Right in time too, because I started the Rogue Ascension series, the one where he's a Shade Dragon Rogue, and meh. Don't like the main character much at all. I honestly just want to read more about the siren princess and her people, not this dipshit. I've finished two of them and will probably keep reading after Ripple #5, but if something else pops up I'll likely gladly jump to that.
Just finished Ripple System Book 3 (Gilded Ghost), am enjoying it. Listening to Shattersoul now.
The finale of Gilded Ghost was fantastic and satisfying. Being an MMO vet I enjoy that it's clearly founded in realistic MMO concepts and social norms. In fact, the combat might be too realistically describes MMO such that I'm almost bored of it because I've lived it so many times. Despite that all the different plots are good fun.

• 2Like