Living in Eastern Europe on a Budget

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This thread is so fucking funny. Of all the issues to get all morally outraged over: downloading copies of digital entertainment

This is how I know y'all are mostly leftists down deep despite a momentary affection for Trump -- some of you people fixate on the dumbest and least important shit and call it morally important while accepting actual moral outrages as perfectly OK.

Its 2019 and we have people still calling sharing files "theft". Fucking hysterical. Fight the good fight against this very important moral issue!

.. and yeah, copyright infringement is technically illegal, so if you consider breaking any laws to be immoral then it is immoral. I think all rational people can agree it is a far different level of "wrong" than actual theft, though. Since nothing is lost.
well it is technically a form of theft, but its about as serious as taking a bunch of straws and ketchup packets from the nearest Burger King to bring home. nobody here gives a shit. cept salty game devs.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
God what a buncha faggots, what kinda computer nerds didnt grow up playing cracked games? I musta had a couple hundred floppies for my Apple 2 of 'warez'. Ofc games like Wizardy and Zork took 6-7 discs and 30 mins to load the game. And someone had to mail you shit, no fucking way were you paying the long distance bill to DL for 2 days over 2800 modem.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The forum is full of memes full of copyrighted materials copied without permission. The movies, tv, music, gaming, and books forums are full of people talking about stuff they pirated. The politics thread is full of shit learned from sites viewed with adblockers on. There are people on here who make very good money and still pirate shit. The entire forum is related to piracy in some fashion or another. Anyone that gets pissy about piracy on these forums should really get the fuck over it because they've been surrounded by it since the day they signed up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
on a related note testing out torguard as a socks5 vpn, so far, so good.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
nobody here gives a shit. cept salty game devs.
imo, those salty game devs have also pirated, i'm sure they learned to code on some WAREZ version of VB6. It's like the Mueller, if you dig deep enough everyone on this forum has engaged in some form of piracy, it's silly to be so sanctimonious.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
imo, those salty game devs have also pirated, i'm sure they learned to code on some WAREZ version of VB6. It's like the Mueller, if you dig deep enough everyone on this forum has engaged in some form of piracy, it's silly to be so sanctimonious.
ive been vidya gaming for 40 years and i figured i pirated some game at some point. best i can come up with my dad gave me his old games he no longer used or just burned me a copy of the games he was using.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I think my first instance of institutionalized pirating was when my HS classroom was told to copy F-Prot from a floppy the teacher gave. F-Prot is an old timey antivirus that predated norton and mcafee, we copied them on the IBM xt's on 5 1/4 floppies.

yea i was slinging this around in class
s-l225.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Denaut Denaut has always been a hysterical faggot.

wamphyr wamphyr is a thieving Romanian Jidov.

I don't pirate video games but I pirate movies.

The difference? Jews don't run the video game industry yet.

1490005162_C6m5IhsW0AAPZn4.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess what I'm curious about is if you could abuse some sort of game farming in exchange for some one in another country to buy you a game or some shit.

Or you know, to just send you cash? That's literally what gold farming is, and it exists in basically every online game with a playerbase.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Meme's aren't piracy, they're fair use.

I pirated music when I was in my early 20s. I eventually decided that I'm not the sort of penniless loser that has to steal inexpensive items, nor am I able to delude myself into believing that it's a victimless crime which is obviously not true. Best case you are a leech on society and if everyone behaved the way you do, there would be no movies or video games, or certainly not on the level they are at now.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Meme's aren't piracy, they're fair use.

I pirated music when I was in my early 20s. I eventually decided that I'm not the sort of penniless loser that has to steal inexpensive items, nor am I able to delude myself into believing that it's a victimless crime which is obviously not true. Best case you are a leech on society and if everyone behaved the way you do, there would be no movies or video games, or certainly not on the level they are at now.
Lately I only pirate songs that I cannot find on Google Play.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
My boxed edition of Everquest Titanium says otherwise.

I just chose to not utilize their subscription option and played off my disk.
Bull-fucking-shit cupcake. If you are going to come down on someone pirating games, you playing EQ without subscription is absolutely the same thing because there is no offline EQ.
Next thing you will say you are rocking the web without an adblocker too.

• 1Worf