Loki

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^100%. Using the setting as a springboard, rather than letting the setting define the story like most Marvel stuff lately.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Another snooze fest episode with 40 minutes worth of endless "we have to save the TVA". Literally nothing happens except people trying to convince or unconvince each other from saving Muh Timeline.

This is worse than Ahsoka. It's Marvel C-SPAN.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i rewatched s1 after s2 e4 because i felt a bit lost and there really is a huge difference in my enjoyment between the seasons. s1 is mostly focused on just two person relationships with a lot of talky scenes, either between morbius and loki or loki and sylvie and the 3 of them work well.

season 2 is just a shit ton of mcguffin chasing and after a while i just don't care anymore. oh no, you've got to get device X to stop the loom from exploding, just run around spouting technobabble more i guess.

i know the spaghetti moments were supposed to be emotional like the end of infinity war but this is the second "death fakeout" now in back to back episodes, it was visually cool but I felt nothing. We've waited a while to see Mobius in his jet ski life but it was hollow. I didn't really care what the TVA buddies were doing in their own branches because its just for 1 episode. I wish we had seen Mobius in his non TVA life earlier in the season, as it stands all these people are making choices with only 1/2 the knowledge. Its all just a big rush to fix THE LOOM and I do not care about it at all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't remember if they've covered this but how is it that only Loki is jumping around? I'd have expected it to be Sylvie out of anyone as she killed He Who Remains.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i rewatched s1 after s2 e4 because i felt a bit lost and there really is a huge difference in my enjoyment between the seasons. s1 is mostly focused on just two person relationships with a lot of talky scenes, either between morbius and loki or loki and sylvie and the 3 of them work well.

season 2 is just a shit ton of mcguffin chasing and after a while i just don't care anymore. oh no, you've got to get device X to stop the loom from exploding, just run around spouting technobabble more i guess.

i know the spaghetti moments were supposed to be emotional like the end of infinity war but this is the second "death fakeout" now in back to back episodes, it was visually cool but I felt nothing. We've waited a while to see Mobius in his jet ski life but it was hollow. I didn't really care what the TVA buddies were doing in their own branches because its just for 1 episode. I wish we had seen Mobius in his non TVA life earlier in the season, as it stands all these people are making choices with only 1/2 the knowledge. Its all just a big rush to fix THE LOOM and I do not care about it at all.

The Loom story device is so stupid.

Whats even stupider is how you're supposed to fix it. You literally just have to make it bigger so more "timelines" can squeeze through the ring. Its laughable. I'd be more impressed if they gave me an extremely convoluted techno babble explanation that I couldn't understand, but nope. Its just "mAkE iT BiGgEr". That's how stupid they think the viewer is.

Then they spend an entire season aimlessly running around chasing macguffins or trying to convince each other why they should or should not "fix" the Loom. Like I said a few pages ago, what makes it even worse is that you're supposed to care about saving billions of timelines and quadrillions of lives but you dont know any of them, never been to any of them, so you literally just don't care. There are no stakes of importance. The Multiverse makes everything meaningless.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I fucking hate it when you're right.

Its still a great show, and you're wrong about that, but dammit if you arent exactly right about both the multiverse and the loom.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pretty fantastic conclusion to a great season of TV.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty pretty PRETTY good. Great ending for sure.

Him essentially become Yggdrasil was amazing. Nice tie-in, pun not intended. I almost wonder if they're going to have him as some sort of Deus Ex Machina type hero in one of the bigger future MCU culminations. Hiddleston is definitely one of the best actors they have right now and it seems like a waste to sit him. I'm not sure I'm fully into him being a good guy though, not that he needs to be a villain but I think he'd be an awesome Deadpool esque grey area person who often does the right thing in the wrong ways. I'd love to see him just unleashed on a "true evil" type like Mephisto's minions or something where he can just slash through bodies with magic and fuck shit up.

I think I and most people would love a Loki continuance that's just X-Files but with Mobius and Loki. That shit would be great. Like a real action version of the What If series.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Awesome ending if you turned your brain off and completely ignored the previous 11 episodes. Plenty of comic book callbacks, references to Yggdrasil, really cool SFX and a version of the classic Loki costume.

Dont try to think about it too hard or you'll be terribly disappointed.

like Timeline ropes

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed the finale but season 2 was mostly pretty weak but a good ending does salvage a show. The show really lived on the strengths of Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, without them it probably would have failed. I thought Majors was not good at all. OB was fun.

Renslayer and Miss Minutes plot for the season felt tacked on, although I guess they are the setup for s3 if it ever happens. I'm not really sure how the TVA even exists anymore tbh, but I guess its a bootstrap paradox.

I REALLY liked how they finally addressed the fact of infinity overwhelming any plans/schemes, was one thing that always bugged me about the multiverse stuff in MCU.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
2 episodes in and this is garbage? Where's the fucking plot?

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well they finally stick the landing for once. Actual character growth for pretty much every main character in the show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really good series. It should definitely play better if you binge it all once. They connected a lot of little things to season one that I forgot about.

• 2Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
While I like Tom being in the MCU, i think it's ok if he's gone forever. It was a fitting end, getting his chair. Little to on the nose w/ the green color though.

hopefully this is a way for them to 'prune' out Jonathan Majors more

joz123

Potato del Grande
Kept get distracted by how stupid Sylvie's hair looked
Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF