Loki

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great finale. Sucks they don't plan on doing another season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed the finale. That said, entire show made little to no sense and I question what outcome it has on the MCU.

Still, really stunning set design and effects and the chemistry between the main cast was exceptional.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I question what outcome it has on the MCU.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

spronk

FPS noob
my takeway on the MCU impact

He Who Remains is no longer in charge of the TVA. His whole deal was pruning timelines where Kang could emerge, to prevent that, so another multiversal Kang war doesn't happen. That means killing trillions of people on timelines where Kang may emerge and ensuring the sacred timeline is always prioritized, because its the timeline where Victor Timely founded the TVA and eventually turned into He Who Remains (this is a little wonky since the TVA already existed by the time Timely met OB but whatever, time shenanigans). The Loom prioritized the sacred timeline, the TVA pruned (destroyed) any timelines where Kang might come around, like some sort of abortion agency on steroids.

Loki allows the TVA to continue, and he is only slightly different than HWR. He no longer uses the loom and TVA to ensure the sacred timeline is prioritized, instead he allows all timelines to exist by being their battery but also keeps the TVA around to focus just on pruning Kangs. He hopes this prevents another multiversal war.

But he knows there are two problems. 1) They cant get every kang variant, some they just won't know about in time like the Ant Man 3 one (mentioned in the finale). 2) Loki will die some day. While Asgardians/Giants are long lived, they are NOT immortal (Odin died of old age).

So he is buying time until the Avengers or someone else figures out a permanent solution to Kang, which is probably going to ultimately end up involving The Beyonder or Galactus or some other cosmic entity like that. If they continue with Kang Dynasty that would be the Kangs finally starting a multiverse war, and Secret Wars would be collapsing the timelines into a single new timeline with The Beyonder or someone like that.

Marvel has given themselves a lot of options now. Kangs or someone else could attack/kill Loki destroying timeline stability. Beyonder/Galactus/other could collapse the timelines. There could be a new Kang actor since Loki has "erased" HWR as the TVA creator. They could still use Majors as the Kang template. Loki could turn into Molecule Man, who was an important part of Secret Wars I think (i only read the originals... as a kid... lol)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

He Who Remains is no longer in charge of the TVA. His whole deal was pruning timelines where Kang could emerge, to prevent that, so another multiversal Kang war doesn't happen. That means killing trillions of people on timelines where Kang may emerge and ensuring the sacred timeline is always prioritized, because its the timeline where Victor Timely founded the TVA and eventually turned into He Who Remains (this is a little wonky since the TVA already existed by the time Timely met OB but whatever, time shenanigans). The Loom prioritized the sacred timeline, the TVA pruned (destroyed) any timelines where Kang might come around, like some sort of abortion agency on steroids.

Loki allows the TVA to continue, and he is only slightly different than HWR. He no longer uses the loom and TVA to ensure the sacred timeline is prioritized, instead he allows all timelines to exist by being their battery but also keeps the TVA around to focus just on pruning Kangs. He hopes this prevents another multiversal war.

But he knows there are two problems. 1) They cant get every kang variant, some they just won't know about in time like the Ant Man 3 one (mentioned in the finale). 2) Loki will die some day. While Asgardians/Giants are long lived, they are NOT immortal (Odin died of old age).

So he is buying time until the Avengers or someone else figures out a permanent solution to Kang, which is probably going to ultimately end up involving The Beyonder or Galactus or some other cosmic entity like that. If they continue with Kang Dynasty that would be the Kangs finally starting a multiverse war, and Secret Wars would be collapsing the timelines into a single new timeline with The Beyonder or someone like that.

Marvel has given themselves a lot of options now. Kangs or someone else could attack/kill Loki destroying timeline stability. Beyonder/Galactus/other could collapse the timelines. There could be a new Kang actor since Loki has "erased" HWR as the TVA creator. They could still use Majors as the Kang template. Loki could turn into Molecule Man, who was an important part of Secret Wars I think (i only read the originals... as a kid... lol)

Do you think this was always the plan or do you think they rewrote chunks of Loki to minimize the role of Jonathan Majors and make him more replaceable in light of his legal scandals?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Having Loki
weave the multiverse timelines into a giant Yggdrasill
was a perfect touch.

I need to rewatch the whole season to fully digest it, but that was pretty great.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised that I'm the only one that thought the finale was a little disappointing. Usually my bar for quality is lower than the forum average.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I would assume Beyonder since the second Avengers movie in the two parter they are doing is secret wars. I assume they lose in Kang Dynasty like they did in Infinity war, only to win in Secret Wars.

I don't think I could have loved this season of Loki anymore than I do and it ended so well. Everything from all the timelines basically making up a new Yggdrasil, to Loki seemingly taking a page from the "Immortal Thor" comic to becoming his ultimate form as the "Teller of Tales". This is far and away one of the best stories the MCU has told and its among the best redemption arc for a character in any series that I can remember. I'm super bummed we wont get a season 3, but honestly it makes sense.

What this also does is leave the door open for is Variant Iron Man coming in and leading the new and old Avengers in Secret Wars, which I have mixed feelings on, but it could be cool. It's rumored Deadpool will be among that group too and RDJ and Ryan Reynolds playing off one another is something that can't happen soon enough.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Because of this season, I ate more spaghetti than I usually do.
That's it. That's all I have to say about the whole thing.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here's a question. As someone who didn't watch season one because I heard in advance what a load of nonsensical grrrl boss they were throwing in. Would I be able to watch/enjoy season 2? As it sounds like it was much better.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Here's a question. As someone who didn't watch season one because I heard in advance what a load of nonsensical grrrl boss they were throwing in. Would I be able to watch/enjoy season 2? As it sounds like it was much better.
No clue wtf you are talking about. Just watch both seasons.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pretty pretty PRETTY good. Great ending for sure.

Him essentially become Yggdrasil was amazing. Nice tie-in, pun not intended. I almost wonder if they're going to have him as some sort of Deus Ex Machina type hero in one of the bigger future MCU culminations. Hiddleston is definitely one of the best actors they have right now and it seems like a waste to sit him. I'm not sure I'm fully into him being a good guy though, not that he needs to be a villain but I think he'd be an awesome Deadpool esque grey area person who often does the right thing in the wrong ways. I'd love to see him just unleashed on a "true evil" type like Mephisto's minions or something where he can just slash through bodies with magic and fuck shit up.

I think I and most people would love a Loki continuance that's just X-Files but with Mobius and Loki. That shit would be great. Like a real action version of the What If series.

While I like Tom being in the MCU, i think it's ok if he's gone forever. It was a fitting end, getting his chair. Little to on the nose w/ the green color though.

hopefully this is a way for them to 'prune' out Jonathan Majors more

Not sure why yall think loki has to be gone from the MCU. This loki was a variant. Still plenty of them out there including the one from the sacred timeline that we have been following.

and ensuring the sacred timeline is always prioritized, because its the timeline where Victor Timely founded the TVA and eventually turned into He Who Remains

Do you think that victor timely was the one from the sacred timeline? He was HWR's backup plan and he seemed different enough that I figured he was a kickstarter kang to get the ball properly rolling again. And then he became time spaghetti so I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Stop giving internet randos power over your. Watch and enjoy what you like and fuck them and whatever hidden messages they think are happening.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not sure why yall think loki has to be gone from the MCU. This loki was a variant. Still plenty of them out there including the one from the sacred timeline that we have been following.
What? Sacred timeline Loki got killed by Thanos. The Loki show followed a variant produced as a result of Endgame time shenanigans.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I disliked the first season. I really liked the second season. I think you'd be missing too much context to skip the entire first season. If you're interested, you might as well give it a go...it's not like it was "Falcon and Winter Soldier" levels of shit. The first season just wasn't something I'd ever watch again.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I disliked the first season. I really liked the second season. I think you'd be missing too much context to skip the entire first season. If you're interested, you might as well give it a go...it's not like it was "Falcon and Winter Soldier" levels of shit. The first season just wasn't something I'd ever watch again.
First season was a lot funnier than the second season. Aside from OB, there weren't a lot of laughs to be had in the second season. Also, nothing really happens in the first 2 episodes of S2. The last 4 were solid though, one of the rare times I binged 4 episodes of anything back to back. They're also really short when you skip the credits and intro.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

no. season 1 was also fantastic. Jfc.

if you try to watch season 2 without 1 you’ll be absolutely lost.

• 1Like