Looking for a list of movies

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Was going to say willow earlier today... But why hasn't anyone mentioned Conan the Barbarian yet?!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hook
Red Dawn?

As a kid I saw a lot of old, old movies I really liked (maybe a bit older than your kids though). Tons of WW2 movies, John Wayne movies.

Arsenic and Old Lace
One, Two, Three
Lawrence of Arabia
In Harm's Way
They Were Expendable
Run Silent Run Deep
Hunt For The Red October
The Longest Day
Donovan's Reef
Patton
Etc.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Cool Hand Luke
The Color of Money
Monty Python (Szlia mentioned Grail)
Disney/Pixar stuff obviously. Too many to mention, but don't forget "The Brave Little Toaster" as it's where some Pixar guys started out.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The Sandlot
^ This

Movies for kids 10 and under:
An American Tale
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Fievel Goes West
The Rescuers Down Under (A very underrated Disney flick)
The Adventures of Milo and Otis
Last Action Hero

Of course, the Mighty Ducks (1 and 2 only, third movie was trash).
Rudy
Hook
The Hobbit (1970's cartoon)

Terial

Trakanon Raider
updating list today, you guys rock...
(Willow, D.A.R.Y.L, Sandlot, Krull) - Hell i have a movie replica of the damn glaive at home!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this a list for kid friendly movies or just a list of movie recommendations in general? cuz we have many threads already for good movie recs in general.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
2010: The Year We Make Contact

If they have an interest in space exploration. Otherwise probably will be boring to them.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
is this a list for kid friendly movies or just a list of movie recommendations in general? cuz we have many threads already for good movie recs in general.
It's more for kid movies, things we grew up with that hold a place in our hearts as awesome movies that you'd want your kids to watch when they are of age to watch them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's more for kid movies, things we grew up with that hold a place in our hearts as awesome movies that you'd want your kids to watch when they are of age to watch them.
alright i wasnt sure, you can find a lot of recommendations for more "mature" oriented films in other threads for different genres right here on this board, you can also head over to IMDB for their top 100 films of all time.

IMDb: Top 100 Greatest Movies of All Time (The Ultimate List) - a list by ChrisWalczyk55

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
These are obviously for when they are older, and I'm not sure if they are the type of movie you want them watching even then, but movies like Porky's and Hardbodies are pretty classic and aren't really done properly anymore. There isn't much in the way of anything redeeming in them, besides boobs, but still.

Couple others I didn't notice listed (I was a teen in the 80s, so you'll have to determine the age they can watch at):

Better Off Dead
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Red Dawn
Say Anything
Sixteen Candles
Some Kind of Wonderful

I could probably come up with dozens more if I looked at a few lists, but these should lead to finding similar movies easily.

EDIT: You posted about it being more kid friendly while I had this original post up and I went to a doctor's appointment and had lunch and finished it later, so I missed that caveat.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Better off dead is kid friendly. Movie is hilarious. Also revenge of the nerds and house party are both classics in the vein of animal house and porky's

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I would have to say a handfull of Disney movies, Aladdin pops out at me first due to the great singing from Genie. Dumbo, 101 dalmations, Jungle Book, Lion king , Willy Wonka was always a novie my mom threw on too. Can't go wrong with a few dvd's of Tom and Jerry and loony toons!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
You didn't watch Star Trek? Fuck off.
I guess you jsut skim posts and don't read them...
This is a list of movies i've seen... i was trying to put a list together of movies for my kiddos to watch that had an impact on us growing up that we remember to be awesome! But thanks for not reading
smile.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
These are obviously for when they are older, and I'm not sure if they are the type of movie you want them watching even then, but movies like Porky's and Hardbodies are pretty classic and aren't really done properly anymore. There isn't much in the way of anything redeeming in them, besides boobs, but still.
It's weird you brought up Porky's, because it's not really a good movie, but I remember it fondly. That, Meatballs, and Stripes. I think those were some of the first boobs I saw.

The other day someone asked me what my top 5 movies were, and I basically went with ones that I could watch every single month and never get tired of (you have some of these already):

Back to the Future
Back to the Future 2
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
Shawshank Redemption

Other notables are Christmas Vacation, Big Lebowski, Good Will Hunting and Home Alone. Never get tired of them.

There are lots of other "best movies ever" like Godfather 1/2, Apocalypse Now, Seven Samurai, etc (basically anything on "top 100 movies" lists), but those to me are just too much to watch often.

Edit: Also throw in pretty much every John Hughes movie (even though above included some); Breakfast Club, Uncle Buck, Sixteen Candles, Mr. Mom, Dutch...fuck, they're all good. John Candy movies are also really good (especially when they overlap with John Hughes). Summer Rental is close to my "watch all the time" list. Fuck, and add Trading Places too. That should probably be in my top 5. It's right up there with BTTF and Groundhog Day.

Edit2: I was thinking about Trading Places and Jamie Lee Curtis boobs...and then True Lies came to mind. Damn that's a good 90's action flick. And then the list just keeps going from there. Total Recall, Terminator 1/2, Die Hard, Top Gun, My Girl, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spies Like Us. I feel like I could just go on and on clicking through IMDB.