Looking for Mature Anime/Manga series recommendations

Orange_sl

shitlord
Shingeki no Kyojin if no one has recommended it yet.

http://www.tenmanga.com/book/Shingeki+no+Kyojin.html

"Mature" series. Still ongoing and relatively new. Great action and kind of a crazy story. Prepare for sadness and don't get attached to any characters immediately, just a fair warning.

There's a live action movie planned that looks like shit and an anime movie that I "think" came out already and is suppose to be pretty good.

Koraxz_sl

shitlord
I have watched alot of anime and definately the best I have seen was Cowboy Bebop. It was great and so was the movie.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Berserk
Full Metal Alchemist
Death Note (really good but after a certain episode, turns to shit)
Escaflowne
RahXephon
Generator Gawl
Initial-D (if you like cars and racing)
Evangelion (ahah this is waaaaaaaaaay mature for any of us,those last episodes are pure mindfuck)

i know it's not mature (before opening the topic,i thought you were asking for hentai ahah) but watch Golden Boy,it's just pure japanese non-sense,with a lot of tites of course.although funny as fuck.

not saying Cowboy Bebop (BEST ANIME EVER!!!!),you already seen it.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Casshern Sins
Gunparade March
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Gungrave <-- favorite
Iria: Zeram the Animation
High School of the Dead

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Darker than Black starts and stays strong. I didn't have to fight my way through the openers for that series like I did with so many other (albeit good) series
I was going to say. Darker than Black hooked me from the get go. The first two episodes are really good.

I will second Xam'd. The animation in the series is Studio Ghibli quality and the story I really liked.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bump!

Finally watching Deadmans Wonderland, up to episode 6 and it is exactly what I like in an anime(minus the whining).

I recommend:
Claymore

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Didn't read the whole thread but an anime I really liked: Mushishi.
No wonder girl, mecha, awesome sword fighter, school girl or stupid kid things like that (seriously, guys, it is NOT mature
smile.png
), it is more about...poetry I would say.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Planetes -- janitors in space
Usagi Drop -- early 30s bro finds himself having to become a father

No mecha or magic and barely any conflict in either of those but they're definitely entertaining with mature subjects.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From this past summer season Terror in Resonance (available on Hulu) is a good one.

Szlia

Planetes -- janitors in space
I have not seen the tv show, but I can vouch for the brilliance of the manga. The close future / hardish science setting is also a big plus and sadly too rare.

Did someone mention Monster already? It's like The Fugitive through a contemporary Europe haunted by the ghosts of WWII / Cold War. Did not see the show, but the manga is very very good (and more compact than 20th Century Boy from the same author).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just a heads up as I am sure there are some Cowboy Bebop fans here like myself. New Blu-Ray version coming to Amazon.

Amazon.com: Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo): David Lucas, John Billingslea, Wendee Lee, Melissa Charles, Henry Douglas Grey, YUTAKA MASEBA, Haruyo Kanesaku: Movies TV

Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
* Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
* 140 page black and white art book featuring concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop's origins
* 48 page vibrant, full-color art book
I have been wanting this on Blu-Ray for a while now and I love some art books. So I pre ordered it.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Just an update.
Thanks guys for all of the suggestions. I've watched a couple already and touched on a few that I am not so sure about.
I'd be interested to know if you've watched more of the suggestions in this thread since then, since most of those are right on for me. I've got an itch to see a good anime while doing some work.

Haven't watched these suggestions yet. Any opinions on what might be most worth seeing?

Escaflowne
monster
clannad / clannad after story
hunter x hunter
sword art online
durarara!
Great teacher onizuka
Ergo Proxy
Eden of the East
Deadman Wonderland

Monster
Hunterxhunter
Eden of the east

Must watches from what you have listed. Higurashi no kuna and the bakemonogatari series are also two I can't recommend enough.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh god, Clannad, i wish i could remove that sad depressing title from my memories!!!

Monster is A+ tho, some seriously good chit.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Haven't watched these suggestions yet. Any opinions on what might be most worth seeing?

Escaflowne
monster
clannad / clannad after story
hunter x hunter
sword art online
durarara!
Great teacher onizuka
Ergo Proxy
Eden of the East
Deadman Wonderland
Really depends on the kind of stuff you are looking for. Everything on that list is great but they are all very different. Monster, Great Teacher Onizuka and Ergo Proxy are good starts.