Looking for something a little different... (home furniture)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, right now I am using a large computer desk, which is great and all, but I am looking for ways to reduce used space where possible. Do any of you have or know of a good product that would basically be a monitor stand with two arms for two monitors, and a small section for a CPU to sit on? I am going to get a new office chair and an attachment to have a keyboard and mouse tray be housed on an arm there, and would like a replacement for the desk to go with it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Are you looking for this to be mobile? There are TV stands like what you're describing but they only have mounts for one display.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Are you looking for this to be mobile? There are TV stands like what you're describing but they only have mounts for one display.
Yes, preferably. Or at least light enough to move around the room. I've been googling monitor displays for a while now, and haven't had any luck.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yes, preferably. Or at least light enough to move around the room. I've been googling monitor displays for a while now, and haven't had any luck.

The weight shouldn't matter provided you use furniture sliders appropriate to your flooring/carpet. The biggest hurdle is going to be something compact enough, but with a base large enough that it won't tip over.

The easiest and likely cheapest option would be to just buy a desk without much depth to it, something like a large laptop desk, mount the monitors to that and have the case below hanging from a pc case hanger like the following low enough to balance out the monitors making it top heavy

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Once you get the weight balance right you would likely be able to just pull it out and move it around as needed.

Another option could be some sort of cabinet that could fit a case inside (while making sure it isn't fucking with thermals) and mount the monitors to the top of it, but I imagine it would be hard to find one tall enough for monitor height.

For purpose-built solutions, I don't know of any. There might be something designed for server rooms or whatever, but they would likely be expensive.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
sure ergotron sells the workfit Ergotron – WorkFit-C Dual Sit-Stand Workstation – for Mobile Computing – Black and Grey you'll probably see some variation of this at like doctors offices or small confined spaces
d8305277f2e6118d1a4dbe209f17da9d.png

for something more affordable try Mount-It! Adjustable Mobile PC Workstation for Dual Monitors | Mobile Standing Computer Workstation with Adjustable Keyboard Tray and CPU Holder | Rolling Computer Desk Fits Monitors 13 to 32 Inches