Loot situation POP quit dicking us around

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This isn"t anything new.

And this will continue to happen until once and for all, someone leads a nice coalition and pulls the hands that feeds this fuckhole of a lazy ass company their paychecks.

Want to actually get heard so this type of shit doesn"t happen anymore? Pull their funding.

Christ, even if you can get 25k to quit for a month, cancel all on the same day, and send off a nice email saying, "Quit releasing loot tables after spending an entire 7 hours pathing them in before an expansion release."

SOE will always do it. Why quit selling shit as long as people are buying it.

Keep your eye on Blizzard. I hope to God they can bring some quality into this degenerate fucked up genre. If not, heh, you can rest welll assured the MMOG world will die a slow and painfull death.

Vetiria_foh

shitlord
Keep your eye on Blizzard. I hope to God they can bring some quality into this degenerate fucked up genre. If not, heh, you can rest welll assured the MMOG world will die a slow and painfull death.
So when again is WoW being released? 2007?

Buzze_foh

shitlord
I would guess sometime in 05 to be serious, these types of games take ages to make and they still suck, so i"m giving Blizzard lots of time in hopes that they do it correctly.

Ishrafael_foh

shitlord
puts Summoning Haste IV on a NECRO item? (Decaying bone idol)
Yeah yeah, its a not an uber item - but its one a lot of us have seen.

Howzah_foh

shitlord
Welcome to the new timesink.

Instead of taking long to get to mobs you need to kill about 10o times to get equal share of the loot.

gotta hand it to VI, they keep working hard to keep morons addicted to absolutely nothing.

Snootay_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
With the type of fuck ups who play Blizzard games online I wouldn"t go near WoW if I was paid to.

Andaas_foh

shitlord
Snootay said:

With the type of fuck ups who play Blizzard games online I wouldn"t go near WoW if I was paid to.
One major thing you are forgetting here:
  • All current Blizzard games = unlimited FREE online play
  • Worlds of Warcraft = monthly fee required
When someone has to pony up $12.95 (or whatever) per month, it is going to weed out the vast majority of fuck ups.

Calling them lazy shows a severe lack of understanding of how business works. The managers aren"t really lazy, they just are callous, with deadlines. The only people you could possibly call lazy are the programmers, and that is *VERY* unfair, as it is far more likely that a managerial decision prevents them from getting to stuff than it is that they truly just don"t bother.

Is it fucked up? Sure.
Could it be done better? Yes, but not without massive delays in release.
Is anyone in the process really "Lazy"? Hell no.

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
I can tell you the reason people dump on furor and all other ubers is because of the attitude towards anyone non-uber or non-them (I know that?s not a word) It?s like this you have super rich guy A and super rich guy B. Guy A talks about how rich he is and puts you down because you are middle class, he says you will never know his lifestyle and you are lesser then him.

Guy B plays it cool he knows he?s just as rich as Guy A but keeps it quiet he does everything Guy A does but doesn?t brag on it. Even when brought up he down plays it and try?s not to insult the middle class or make him feel less then him.

The same goes in EQ, you do look up to the ubers and cheer them on, until ?SOME? open their mouth and talk down to you and others like you. Now yes you do have flamers that will just attack ubers at any turn and I can understand how that get?s to you.

Just like the rich Guy if everyone is taking shots at him for being rich even though he is humble about it sooner or later he is going to say fuck it, if you are going to attack me then you get no respect.

The problem with this is he will lose respect for everyone not just who attacked him.

The same goes for any hobby if you brag on it and try to make people look weaker or lesser then you that is bad. The guy with the dog?s, I have been to a few shows with my aunt and they can get just as nasty as an EQ message board.

I have seen ladies talk down to other owners and talk about how their dog looks like a mutt or how they don?t belong at the same show that their dog is in. Same with cars I had a friend who rebuilt a 69 mustang and a camaro (I forget what year) but even when we went to the shows you had the dude who has some mint condition super racer and his ego was big as hell.

He would talk down to everyone about how his car won so many shows and how he treats his engine and how all his parts are original stock. This is nothing new.

It all goes to how humble you are and how big your ego is. As for the high school guy with the new car, No if you live of mommy and daddy he is no hero, if he worked his own money and got the car then yes he is cool.

I would kiss some butt if I needed a ride but I would not respect him if he was a jerk about it I rather walk then ride with a jerk bragging about his car mommy got him.

And at least those things are real.

Tweedius_foh

shitlord
It"s not like the game absolutely sucks or we wouldn"t be playing it. It"s because they know what they can get away with and keep you and me playing (and paying).

Right now I"m sitting at work reading the foh board and getting paid to do it. Why? I know they aren"t going to catch me and I"m going to get paid for it~

As long as SoE gets their money, they"re going to give you the same shit service and same "we"ll wait until people actually have been there for 4 months to fix the bugs" shit they have for the last 3 expansions.

-Tweed

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
Right now I"m sitting at work reading the foh board and getting paid to do it. Why? I know they aren"t going to catch me and I"m going to get paid for it~
This is something else to consider, visiting here doesn"t mean we are stalking or in awe or anything it means it"s one of the many bbs people visit while at work/school ect.

I know the only sites i visit at home for EQ would be my guild site and spell info sites.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Calling them lazy shows a severe lack of understanding of how business works. The managers aren"t really lazy, they just are callous, with deadlines. The only people you could possibly call lazy are the programmers, and that is *VERY* unfair, as it is far more likely that a managerial decision prevents them from getting to stuff than it is that they truly just don"t bother.

Is it fucked up? Sure.
Could it be done better? Yes, but not without massive delays in release.
Is anyone in the process really "Lazy"? Hell no.
It is laziness. It"s lazyness, combined with greed, making SOE the one of the most unethical companies to hit the pavement.

While I agree it is good business sense to release an expansion half finished, and patch in the shit at a later date to make money on the expansion, it isn"t ethically correct. People devote a lot of time to this game, and they make a LOT of money. The very least they could do is pull their head out of their ass, and release something that isn"t being worked on 6 months later while they are still making money off the product.

God they have it good. People pay for their product while they finish off the other 35% of the expansion. But it always happens, some fuckmunch always forgets that players get to the content faster, and the reward for the hardcore of their game, is shit loot and broken ass content.

So in effect, it is being lazy. They can get away without finishing 35% of an expansion, make money on it, and can work less as well knowing that they will only need to hit certain milestones.

The only thing keeping this game afloat right now is time invested. I just hope people remember the shit they went through with this company, and all the broken ass content for all their hard play to get somewhere when the reason why it was broken was Sony was too busy trying to make money than being morally and ethically held to their player base.

Oh and:

You are a fucking moron. EQ has about as many duckfucks running around as a battle.net game. Plus as mentioned, you fail to take your head out of your ass and realize that Battle.Net is free for anyone. If someone actually had to pay $12-15 bucks a month for an account, they are going to act a lot better, not to mention WoW will be a persistant world.

Release date 2007? Christ I could careless about a release date as long as they are using patch days to fix minor bugs that got through and balance classes, instead of fixing content and loot tables that should have been done well before the game was even fucking released.

Blizzard is the last hope of any quality coming out of this shit ridden genre of play now patch later, and banking on players to put up with it because they have so much time invested in their characters.

Snootay_foh

shitlord
I started to wonder why I was being cursed at for simply not wanting to play WoW.

But then I realized I was at the FoH board, where all the high strung retards who figured out how to use a computer come.

OG Dephton_foh

shitlord
I can tell you the reason people dump on furor and all other ubers is because of the attitude towards anyone non-uber or non-them (I know that?s not a word) It?s like this you have super rich guy A and super rich guy B. Guy A talks about how rich he is and puts you down because you are middle class, he says you will never know his lifestyle and you are lesser then him.
I guess you expect everyone to walk around on Eggshells and hold hands in hippyville? The only people that have issues with people playing the high end game are ones that wish the roles were reversed. I"m hardly in an uberguild, but I"m not gonna come to the FoH guild board and tell them they are full of shit, when I know that they have pretty much played this game to its fullest, and seem to always have a good sense of balance in regards to it.

99% of the time its random shitheads on the boards that cause pretty intellegent threads to downward spiral into the shitfests that we see daily anyway. it isn"t like Furor opens up his posts with "I have a 12 inch cock, 3 supermodel girfriends, and the best guild on Everquest, and this is what needs to be changed." Normally, its just a post of what needs to be changed, then some 12 year old cock jockey comes and says "yeah, wtf do you know you fuckin lamer" then we get to see resumes backing up why the uber guilds are really who should be asking for this shit to be fixxed, so that in 8 months, when the rest of us get to it, it isnt so fucked up.

Someone should post a shortlist of shit that has been changed from kunark to now, solely based on feedback from FoH, LoS, AL, etc. Would be a neat look at what exactly has been done to help out the non "ubers"

Utnayan said:

It is laziness. It"s lazyness, combined with greed, making SOE the one of the most unethical companies to hit the pavement.
No, it is pure greed. Laziness has nothing to do with it whatsoever. That was my original point. Who are you calling Lazy? If you can come up with a decent target then I"ll agree with you, but you didn"t. You didn"t even try.

Flaw_foh

shitlord
To reply to the dumbfuck who said he couldnt unscramble my closing words, they were "fucking fag" which does fit the questioner perfect.

Flaw_foh

shitlord
Derailed thread for sure!

Lets add some life to the pic, just think about it.

Some old dude like 55 years old+ is out in the desert for no real reason , when he stumbles upon this creation. His amazement goes through the roof and he jumps back on his horse making a B-line for the town to inform everyone of his rare findings, and insists they bring a camera back to capture this heavenly image to share with all the world.

Take a look at that smile folks, yes that is the smile of a very perverted old man.