Loot situation POP quit dicking us around

Flaw_foh

shitlord
Zeno said:

Only a colossal idiot is capable of producing such ironic genius---try unscrambling the mysteries of the English language sometime, Turbo.

"fucking fag"
hmmmmm, what in the fuck are you trying to express in your weak statement. Other then trying to throw out some big words combined in a candy-ass flame, i dont see much potential.

Flaw_foh

shitlord
Bait? Wow I guess we see who creates all the MasterPlans around here now, remarkable sceme you"ve been plotting.

And you never liked me anyways? Im glad you have proven your affection, would you mind sharing with us a few people you do indeed like on this message board? I dont feel I will be able to get another nights sleep until your love for other certain members here is revealed!

Luthair_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
Keep your eye on Blizzard. I hope to God they can bring some quality into this degenerate fucked up genre. If not, heh, you can rest welll assured the MMOG world will die a slow and painfull death.
Major problem with online Blizzard games... they use the same team as Microsoft for security. They have yet to release a game that doesn"t have a new hack every 30 seconds.

Its things like that ... the paladin nerf is the only time VI realised what they were doing, there were so few people that could actually do the gross 8k crits it didnt matter. sure it should have been balanced, but their solution didnt change the game much for those few people in the top end guilds get a small slap on the wrist, while the some thousands of mid level guilds that are using these abilities as a foundation on which to build stratigy would get bent over yet agian.
Paladins weren"t nerfed, they just capped the slay rate at what it was currently at. Furor etc had nothing to do with it, that relates to comments in beta. (Supposedly someone whining they couldn"t get a group, who knows)

ame thing with mana burn. a small guild with one or two burners could get a 3rd to join them and do 50% of their targets health, where as the top three guilds are fighting things that even 10 mana burns would go unnoticed. Sure people where hogging kunark dragons, thats called capitalism, and it worked quite well. Before the nerf red scales were selling for under 8k on my server, now they are well above 15k agian. I would much rather have purchased epics than wasted the guilds time chasing after these spawns.
Thats your opinion, mine is that manaburn was wrong from day one. The first day a burn squad surfaced I said that they were gonna have to do a Donal BP-esque nerf on it.

Maegril_foh

shitlord
Aspheris said:
Another thing anyone who has been in school should know, the best time to get in a dissing contest is with all your friends around because no matter how lame your jokes are your friends will always laugh at them, and you better be sure to back them up when it"s their turn.
Did you seriously just try to make a logical argument on the basis of "The Rules of the Playground"?

Man, you rock!

OG Dephton_foh

shitlord
Hurk, do you not realize that putting molds on minibosses makes it EASIER for you later on to get molds? He was asking for more drops on molds, not less, unless I"m mistaken.

Your list is really flawed as far as game changes go. You didnt have to be in an uberguild to kill 500 mobs in the grey or acrylia caverns. and yes, it needed to be nerfed. why do you think it is ok for 3 classes to have exclusive rights to an xp rate that is ridiculously fast?

lets talk about some actual changes that were affected...

VT key camp: shards are a FUCKLOAD more commont han when FoH and Co went through the camp. it is now EASIER for my guild to get VT keys.

Emperor Key Camp: comm parts are a FUCKLOAD more common now, making it easier for my guild to emp key parts. This was not hte case when the first guilds were going through this.

Modrods have made endgame encounters EXTREMELY doable for my guild, even though i dont think any uberguild caused that change, rather PoP cause the change, with fast but intense fights, rahter than 45 minute shitfests in luclin.

SSRA bosses, Burrower Parasite, AoW, all had HP reduced BIGTIME, post modrod nerf, making modrods unneccessary, and also making the mobs significantly easier to kill. Again, helping My guild out, but it is hella easier than when the frontrunners went through the content.

Heres the problem with the clueless casual gamer: You want the same shit that the uberguild has, but you want to invest 2 hours a night a couple times a week into the game. You arent content with getting that gear 1 or 2 expansions later. You bitch when the yard trash of plane X is dropping 2x more parchments than it should be gets fixed. You bitch when a mob has a bugged loot table and is dropping shit it shouldnt be, or anything else that lets you get a free upper hand without having to invest any work into it.

One good thing about Brad McQuaid, was he didn"t fuck around when it came to shit that would break the game, when he was more involved with EQ than other projects. If something needed fixing, for the most part, it got fixed, regardless of who would whine. Unfortunately, when Abashi came to be PR guy, it made it OK to basically bitch about any change to the game, if it had any negative impact on any facet of the game. Take your bitching to a single player game, and stop trying to devalue the accomplishments of other people trying to derive some fun out of it, based on effort put into it, regardless of uber status.

Lin_foh

shitlord
VT key camp: shards are a FUCKLOAD more commont han when FoH and Co went through the camp. it is now EASIER for my guild to get VT keys.

Wrong. There is less competition however.

Emperor Key Camp: comm parts are a FUCKLOAD more common now, making it easier for my guild to emp key parts. This was not hte case when the first guilds were going through this.

Again, bullshit. Spawn rate is no better however there is less competition and the snakes are much easier to kill for post 60s. Of course, the XP they give is complete crap too if you"re past level 60.

SSRA bosses, Burrower Parasite, AoW, all had HP reduced BIGTIME, post modrod nerf, making modrods unneccessary, and also making the mobs significantly easier to kill. Again, helping My guild out, but it is hella easier than when the frontrunners went through the content.

If your guild had half a clue how to use modrods then nerfing them made encounters harder not easier. If the parasite lost HPs it wasn"t "BIGTIME" as you say, I didn"t notice any difference, and all of that is irrelevant with PoP levels anyway.

Shryke_foh

shitlord
No dispute with the subject of your current bitching. What continues to amaze me is theunending/unrelenting effortyou put into the bitching. It"s like watching some "other-abled" bronze medalist arguing with his sock puppet, for years. Hats off to pointless effort.

But seriously, I"m sure you will agree, nothing is more pathetic than listening to the best equipped warrior in the fucking game bitch about loot. I much prefer you slinging mud at AL. That"s quality entertainment.

Catch you in the Rickshaw,
Shryke

gn0me_foh

shitlord
I don"t think Furor is the best equipped warrior in the game. Might want to look at some of the DKP-whore warriors for that.

The way I see it, this needs to be looked at now, not three months from now when everyone is pissed off and disillusioned.
But . . but . . this is Standard Operating Proceedure at SOE, says so in the manual . . .

How much content has Verant gotten right the first time? How often have we torn through a new zone or expansion, farmed the hell out of green shit to get components for some new trade skill recipe, or figured out what passes for clues to some quest without a spoiler, gotten the reward and said, "Wow! That was awesome! Perfect balance of risk and reward!" Not as often as it should be. Lack of testing and lack of thought in the design of items and drop rates are Verant"s trademarks.

If it took them 3 months to fix obvious problems with trade skill recipes, that would be a huge step up for them. I"m long past the point of being pissed off an disillusioned. Example: Nightmare and Hurricane smithed plate armors from PoP. This stuff is at best roughly on par or aslightupgrade from existing cultural armors, yet has a recommended level of 61, while cultural has a recommended lvl of 45?!?!? It"s stuff like this that makes me double take and say "WTF were they thinking?" the first time I see it, yet designers that are paid to put some thought into the items they create think it"s balanced?

There"s nothing really new here. We"ve known for a long time what the situation is: High end content takes a few months to get fixed and trade skill content takes like a year or more to get fixed (if ever).

Flaw said:
Bait? Wow I guess we see who creates all the MasterPlans around here now, remarkable sceme you"ve been plotting.

And you never liked me anyways? Im glad you have proven your affection, would you mind sharing with us a few people you do indeed like on this message board? I dont feel I will be able to get another nights sleep until your love for other certain members here is revealed!
Wouldnt put out for this ass if it saved his life. Yeah, sadly it was bait and even more sad is that your simple mind cant comprehend it. Lets give and example(shall we?):
1. Soandso flames someone
(here"s where that Masterplan comes in, jeje)
2. I look at message and go, "hmm, if I innocently act like I dont understand his flame then I can get him to flame me."
(that"s where you fell for the bait, simple, no?)
Not quite an artform, or anything close, but I"ll be damned if tardness didnt fall for it. /shrug

Mastermind out!

Flaw_foh

shitlord
Ok, and what concept might that be?

Do you get a boner and bust nutts constantly just by knowing that you got someone to flame in your direction? I dont understand, is it like tic-tac-toe? Or is it like chess?

Either way, your whole idea of what the fuck ever you are trying to say or do by "using this bait method for shits and giggles" is worthless to say the least.

I dont need your "bait" to know that you need to be stamped moron in public

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Major problem with online Blizzard games... they use the same team as Microsoft for security. They have yet to release a game that doesn"t have a new hack every 30 seconds.
They also have yet to release anything that stores info server side. Every online game they havehad has been client side. You know that though, and you also know the differences. You also should know the differences in on going revenue to deter cheating, plus serverside characters, minus Battle.net and a free matchmaking service.

Heh. There is a massive difference between not fixing already broken content and purposefully breaking existing content that works. All of these examples you listed are the former, not the latter.
Bullshit.

PoM was fucked with 3 days after release.

The 4th warder was broken after a guild (I think we all know which one) killed all 4 warders and ended up watching the most broken ass script ever. It was then made unkillable, while they tried to fix the script.

The VT key was never working as intended even before release. What"s your fucking point? They didn"t have to reach 4 milestones as a result, so they slacked back. They probably could have used that time to develop a somewhat decent VT loot table, but again that laziness was paid for by the player base over 6 fucking months, when Rich Waters finally said it is time to do something about the shit loot table in which NTOV loot was better than VT at the time.

Care to come up with a *REAL* example where they broke content that already worked on purpose? Note: Not removed or nerfed, *BROKE*. I bet you can"t do it.
I just did. How"s that crow taste? Take the feathers out of your eyes and maybe you might see what is happening around you. 4th warder in ST was broken on purpose while they tried to fix something that shouldn"t have been needed to be fixed 5 months after release of the fucking expansion. The entrance to PoM was placed 3 days after release, deep inside NTOV thinking that no one would be able to get to it. While they finished the zone. Which still over 2 months later was still missing the RV key combine merchant. Oh, so sorry... Basically the PoM incident revolves around lazy ass designers that were doing other things at the time they found out the PoM milestone did not have to be reached. What the fuck were they working on? The Sleepers script that was still bugged as fuck for 6 months?

If you truly hate Verant enough to think that any break was intentional, then you are flat out paranoid, and thus the black helicopters/crop circles comment was well suited to you.
If you flat out think that it doesn"t happen, you are a bigger moron than I originally thought. Shit gets broken(buffed,adjusted,unkillable) all the time, and you do not even hear about half of it. Plane of Water is one of those areas. A nice bugged out section of zone where you must fight boss mobs, where they keenly programmed a fucking redraw in certain locs which looks like a bug, but brings down the framerate to about 6 even on the best of computers, making it impossible to fight. That bug will be miracously fixed once they finish Plane of Time.

But I always come off defending them against people like you, who make positively ludicrous claims, claims that you back up with "facts" which don"t apply. People so blinded by their hatred of Verant/Sony that they don"t even see how stupid their claims really are.
I just gave you 4 fucking examples. Which did happen. Were you off playing your level 30 druid in la la land when these things were happening? Would figure, since not one Dev on the live team has played a character non buffed passed 54 for fucks sake.

I do not have hatred for Sony. If they got their shit together, they wold be one hell of a company. But you do not know the fucking half of it. So quit posting out of your ass like you do.

I see the whole episode has gone over your head, but never fear as your flaming can always make up for your personal shortcomings. Oh, btw, I DO get a boner every time I see you reply to me. Yes, yes I do.