Loot situation POP quit dicking us around

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daniellea_foh

shitlord
Furor what will you do after EQ is history? What happens to all those pixels? What fanclub will you form then? What form of Suicide will you choose? Will you look for a real job in RL? Do you have any real skills? Sad, very Sad indeed....

Fluffya_foh

shitlord
Furor what will you do after EQ is history? What happens to all those pixels? What fanclub will you form then? What form of Suicide will you choose? Will you look for a real job in RL? Do you have any real skills? Sad, very Sad indeed....
I have the feeling you"re going to get flamed to ashes with that comment.

Crito_foh

shitlord
Daniellea said:
What will he do after EQ is gone? The same thing everyone else will do:Move on.Maybe he"ll play another game. Maybe he"ll work 80-hour weeks. Maybe...who cares?.

Some people cannot seem to picture a person who is successful in a game and successful in life. As if it"s impossible to have "real skills"andlead a guild successfully. Maybe - just maybe - his "real skills" are the reason he is a good guild leader! Maybe the skills he picked up in school, at work, whereever, are able to be applied in real lifeandin EQ.

In short, Daniellea, he could be better than you in EQ and in real life. His tenacity and problem-solving skills just might surpass yours at the workplace, at home, etc. Don"t for a second assume that the skills required in EQ are unimportant elsewhere.

miir_foh

shitlord
Bitch here to everyone because you can swear up a storm and you think that brings attention on you instead of getting into a long term relationship with devs.

Or maybe he"s just posting profanity laden rants to amuse sheep like yourself?

But alas, he may not be able to because he was banned from the game (and they know it) and now has a new acct. To see him cheating, catch him, ban him, then see he"s back

Has Furor"s account gotten banned in the past 3 and a half years that we all don"t know about? You obviously have no fucking clue.

Repeatedly have we seen these guilds bitch up a storm to get things changed and then they dump on everyone else because they had it easier due to the change. So, I see this as something that"s a bit selfish.

Selfish that guilds like FOH are, in essence, beta testing these high end encounters so that gimps like you can essentially "breeze" right through them 6-10 months later?

So, we go from cheater to bitcher so he can get out of this game a status so he can abuse everyone else to make him and his guild look good--well, that"s hillarious.

This is his website, moron.
He can say whatever he wants.
FOH doesn"t have to try make themselves look good to anyone.

What"s "hillarious" is that you are stupid enough to make a post like this on FOH forums. I can"t wait to see you get ripped a new asshole.

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
So because you don"t spend all your free time in EQ to be first you must be gimp? I guess if your not president of your company your a gimp. I guess every time you tried anything but didn"t come out #1 your gimp. Not #1 in your class in your school in your city in your state? You must be gimp.

I can see if you are trying to be first and fail you might be a bit gimp compared to those who are first.

But remember now more then ever people aren"t trying to push everything to the max, that doesn"t make them gimp it"s just their play style.

Not everyone on day one of POP was trying to get to the next zones already, some wanted to test quests and the first zones some still had old world content to do.

You guys need to re-think what is #1 in EQ because there is more then one list.

If you make a list of guilds who push to be first then everyone in that list i guess are gimps compared to FOH.

We can talk about the old issue of live vs. EQ but consider this if you are pushing EQ forward something is being left behind.
That doesn"t mean you have no job or girlfriend but to be first is not just skill it"s time.

And as EQ get"s older and older less and less people will push to be first they will be pushing just to remain playing.

Crito_foh

shitlord
Aspheris said:
We can talk about the old issue of live vs. EQ but consider this if you are pushing EQ forward something is being left behind.
That doesn"t mean you have no job or girlfriend but to be first is not just skill it"s time.
Yeah, everything takes time. 20 hours per week playing EQ, 10 hours per week reading books, 1 hour per day exercising, 4 to 6 years earning a PhD -- it"s all time.

However, for those discerning players, even time spent in EQ can be edifying. Similar to class, it just takes effort: don"t apply yourself in school, you won"t come out with much. Don"t apply yourself in EQ, you won"t come out with much.

So, true, you might learn more reading Schopenhauer than playing EQ, but this doesn"t mean that EQ isn"t didactic, that you are being left behind.

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
I"m not saying it"s right or wrong just that not everyone has the time to be in a guild to be first to do everything. That doesn"t make them a gimp or mean they suck or mean that they couldn"t be #1 or in a #1 guild if they had time.

I just think we need to look at both sides, not every uber plays has no life and not every non-uber player sucks or is gimp.

This is what causes the hate and flames. How many times has someone typed an opinion or rant about EQ only to be dogged because someone believes they must not be uber or old school?

I have tested this before, I posted on a topic about VT (I have never been there yet) I used info from various sites and formed an opinion and tossed in a flame and in my sig said I was level 60 (pre-pop) then I made an account and on the same post made a comment about VT without posting any level info, right away people jumped in saying I must be level 1 or my best raid was crushbone ect. But my other post was warmly accepted people even agreed with me and in both posts I posted issues that have been brought up before on different message boards.

That?s what you see here all the time, anyone who you disagree with you becomes a level 10 noob in crushbone or something. Just like most people who dis ubers say they get no sex have no job or life ect it goes both ways.

iannis

Musty Nester
Utnayan said:

Who says I haven"t? As of now I am definitely taking a break from this game, as I now see the same damn thing happening with SW:G. In no way shape or form will this game be ready to be released by April 15th, unless they had Baby Jesus as their in house tester.
oh shit you"re going to rile up jedimaster_75869312 fanboi from the galaxies websites if you say shit like that!

proceed.

Deris_foh

shitlord
For the moron who bitched about Furor - what the fuck does he owe you? He bitches to make shit better for himself and his guild, so he can have fun, you know that three letter word that describes this game when its working properly? I ascertain that he doth not give a flying fuck about you, or the fat cow you rode in on (a.k.a mom) he just wants more content/fixed shit so he can have fun with his friends, and not have to post rants every fucking patch.

Crito_foh

shitlord
Aspheris:

I agree. Ad hominem attacks addnothingto a post, regardless of whether it was written by a novice or a hardcore gamer.

I just hope the crux of Burpme"s post is apparent: People will more easily accept one"s position if it"s presentedwithoutthe invective. Most are well aware of this, yet they continue to litter their posts with abusive language. And in such cases the poster is tacitly acknowledging the fact that, regardless of how reasonable his argument is, it will be weakened, perhaps rebuffed.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but if someone who has been wronged speaks to me with equanimity, I would be far more impressed with and accepting of his argument. Litter it with vituperation, however, and I"ll probably be apathetic.

Lizarde_foh

shitlord
Shryke said:
But seriously, I"m sure you will agree, nothing is more pathetic than listening to the best equipped warrior in the fucking game bitch about loot.
As a guild leader, I assume he is also concerned about gearing up his membership so that they are able to tackle the content that remains ahead of them. The game is designed, in large part, around this concept. So it makes sense that he would complain about a lack of decent drops. Especially since the current problem is a recurring one that has been seen before.

As for his style, deal with it. I think it is pretty obvious that Furor"s posts on the front page (and in these forums) present exactly the attitude that he wants. I don"t think I"ve seen anything that indicates that he is about to soften his statements just to make some people cringe less often.

Hell, he probably enjoys watching how the corner of your left eye starts to twitch violently as you read it.

I find it funny that the very same people who call Furor everything but a child of god are some of the same people enjoying the benefits he and some of his more publicly known guild members have made happen for EQ.

Ntov loot upgrades anyone?

2 hander upgrade anyone? (was good for the time)

Many many others.

I"m not a fan of everything Furor says and does, but I respect his knowledge and dedication to both owning EQ, and making it enjoyable for himself and his guild mates. Which in turn effects all of us. Sometimes his delivery is a little rough around the edge, but can you honestly say he is wrong?

When you venture to the elemental planes and find out both the diffuculty, and sparsity/poor itemization of those mobs I doubt you"ll have anything more to say other than /agree.

Marauder Grabbit Allworth
65 Halfling Assassin
Township Rebellion
Stormhammer

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed inwar."

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You realize the game has more classes then just Warriors right?

So when Furor wants loot upgraded (which btw will affect you on your server also) he wants it for his entire guild.

If you can"t see that then either you have no clue what the end game is like or you are just wanting loot for only yourself.

I"m going to assume by the tone of your post you have not yet visited Tier 4+ zones yet......

It isn"t about Furor, or warriors, or even rogues like myself. It"s RvR and the lack of loot/itemization.

I"ll have to admit that all the leather classes having multiple pieces of elemental armor before all the chain and plate classes have looted one is annoying.

I have no clue about the end game? ....lol

Marauder Grabbit Allworth
65 Halfling Assassin
Township Rebellion
Stormhammer

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in war."

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hehe Grabbit I wasn"t talking to you but agreeing with Lizarde in his post directed to Shryke.

I was on Stormhammer for a few months and was even in TR for the first day when it was open when you killed Vindi etc and then headed to NToV.

Currently I am not in a top guild. I retired any character and have restarted as a new cleric on Tribunal server. Now I am flagged for Tier 2 and working to 3 currently. Unguilded so I don"t see so many loot problems as you guys see. I agree though that there needs to be a change and that it is not balanced.

ZamEq_foh

shitlord
Anyone who actually thinks EQ doesn"t get easier and easier for later guilds is a fucking retard. I don"t know about other servers but look at the guilds who are killing Emp that could hardly kill AOW pre-POP heh. Granted, emp wasn"t that hard but all the fucktards sure wouldn"t have touched him yet.

And to the guy saying how FOH ruins everything or whatever, I didn"t really have the patience to read all his shit - you have no idea what the top guilds go through when expansions start and all the fucking bugs and half assed loot that get fixed so you get a smooth ride in months to come, if ever. The ability to fix fucked up flags at Seer last patch alone would have saved tons of time re-doing stuff because 1 person didn"t Hail an NPC in the correct order, "what ward" anyone? I don"t think I"m in the only person in a guild with "special childrenz" as Furor put it.

FloridaGamer_foh

shitlord
ZamEq said:
Anyone who actually thinks EQ doesn"t get easier and easier for later guilds is a fucking retard. I don"t know about other servers but look at the guilds who are killing Emp that could hardly kill AOW pre-POP heh. Granted, emp wasn"t that hard but all the fucktards sure wouldn"t have touched him yet.

And to the guy saying how FOH ruins everything or whatever, I didn"t really have the patience to read all his shit - you have no idea what the top guilds go through when expansions start and all the fucking bugs and half assed loot that get fixed so you get a smooth ride in months to come, if ever. The ability to fix fucked up flags at Seer last patch alone would have saved tons of time re-doing stuff because 1 person didn"t Hail an NPC in the correct order, "what ward" anyone? I don"t think I"m in the only person in a guild with "special childrenz" as Furor put it.
EQ DOES get easier and easier for later guilds...look at PoP now, it is full of shit guilds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Grats on replying to a 3+ year old thread. /groan

Though it"s good to see Utnayan is at the very least consistent. He was crying SOE conspiracy even then.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I was hoping this was resurrected with some long post comparing this rant to AQ40 loot or something nice and well thought out.

But I guess a big quoted paragraph and a one liner are good too...