Losing Interest

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Do you like to cook? If so, start finding interesting, healthy recipes that compliment your weight loss and then cook them. Make your family eat them with you, especially your kids so they develop healthy eating habits.

I feel most people on this board are OCD on some level and cooking is one of more straightforward things that you can make as easy or as difficult as you like to satisfy that itch.

Pretty soon you'll get a pellet grill to start BBQ or a wok to try some of Lanx's sillier dishes. It quickly becomes quite consuming if you let it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
also swapping from gaming genres may give you a much needed break. I personally enjoy watching people do full immersive games. I had a lot of fun watching people do the full story line of Subnautica with Jacksepticeyes, or Death stranding with TheRadbrad.

Also another game I tried was anno 1800, loved it, or Stellaris

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
i appreciate you sharing this. Im not this bad quite yet - I don’t really drink regularly or anything - it kind of shows how bad it can get sneaky way though so this is good perspective for me

It happens quick. I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden im 3 years into a deep depression. Its good you are getting ahead of this - the longer it goes the harder to fix

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Making friends in a hood is work, but totally worth it. Even if it’s something cheesy like going over to play ping pong or watching a game, the time to socialize and have a few drinks really helps because it’s unpredictable.

you may be thinking…how the fuck is watching a game unpredictable? Well ! It’s the conversation and tone of the night that makes it fun. I don’t recommend turning into a party animal, but you should average 1 night a week where you cut loose and act up with pals.

we moved last year and made most of our new friends at the community pool, but also made a few from our kids sports.

Humans love habits, but spice things up with a little bit of chaos my boy.

its an interesting concept. I think the lack of help we have makes my wife a little toxic on this -- i am working on solving that and maybe that will make this easier. also as the kids get a little older this will become easier.

nd of business do you run that leaves you with all this free time and you're apparently not passionate about it at all? Most business owners I know are passionate about what they do and have to fight for time to do anything else.

My typical schedule looks like this ( I am starting it with when I go to sleep for a specific reason, its part of my strategy)

8-9PM - Heading to sleep
4-5am - Wake Up
5-7AM- Depending on How I Feel Usually Going To Work. Trying to work some gym in there now. Sometimes I go back to sleep if I feel like it but I am always at work by around 7AM.
7-4PM - Work
4-6PM - Either work more or try to go to gym or go home and fuck off for a while
6-8PM - Getting kids ready for bed

REPEAT

I work 6-8 hours each weekend, then the rest of the day I am usually screwing around with my kids takign them to the mall or something.

BrutulTM BrutulTM I would say I am extremely passionate about work to the degree that I dont do much else, which I think is okay. What I am already starting to plan is things I may do in 10 years when I am done with what I am doing. I think I enjoy work and stay passionate about it. Its more home/personal life that is a thing.

Ya it's called burn out. Everyone is gonna get it real bad in this society.

Maybe. This doesnt feel like prior burn outs I have had though.

Post corona syndrome. Get in the gym.
Yeah Im going and trying to push myself to go more. It does help.

Do you like to cook? If so, start finding interesting, healthy recipes that compliment your weight loss and then cook them. Make your family eat them with you, especially your kids so they develop healthy eating habits.

I feel most people on this board are OCD on some level and cooking is one of more straightforward things that you can make as easy or as difficult as you like to satisfy that itch.

Pretty soon you'll get a pellet grill to start BBQ or a wok to try some of Lanx's sillier dishes. It quickly becomes quite consuming if you let it.
Not really. I like cooking steaks, sure. Maybe its something I could get back into more.

It happens quick. I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden im 3 years into a deep depression. Its good you are getting ahead of this - the longer it goes the harder to fix

I can totally see that. Months slide by fast. I think I Have had encounters with this before (even earlier stage) but havent gotten this far (which I still dont feel like Im that far along)

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I tried to look up post corona syndrome and got flooded with COVID 19 Google results.

Tiresome.
Perry Cox Laughing GIF by HULU

• 1Supertaster

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maybe you should call this guy for tips:

1654649270707.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Find something new to try and do. Finding what that is, is also something. Best I've been able to think of.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Well there’s your problem, you work too fucking much ! Of course you feel like Groundhog Day.

Working less and playing more needs to start with setting the expectation. Explain how you think you both need to ‘feel’ like if something comes up, then the other person will jump on the grenade and happily watch the kids.

it has to work both ways or there will be animosity! And you won’t do shit if you feel like it’s not worth it bc she’ll be too pissy about it.

Re the woman, a wise old dude just gave me some good advice. Never stop dating. Cheesy sounding, but practically it means to force 1-2 nights where you come up with something. A special dinner, massage, movie that’s not about sci fi. That kind of stuff.

do that and you will become a master of the universe. You’ll receive more and better bedroom play, have a stable of retarded and fun guys to hang with, and even do better at work bc you won’t hate life as much.

if none of that works try fishing

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
i think I would rather EverQuest but back in the day I did do war hammer and shit and that was cool. Been 20 years
Fair enough, if you get the itch there are plenty of Warhammer games out there. You are still close enough to the sweet spot age wise for meeting folks that do it.

Hope ya find what you are looking for mate

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Well there’s your problem, you work too fucking much ! Of course you feel like Groundhog Day.

Working less and playing more needs to start with setting the expectation. Explain how you think you both need to ‘feel’ like if something comes up, then the other person will jump on the grenade and happily watch the kids.

im right on the cusp of being able to truly "work hard play hard" -- i have been paying myself too little to grow the business for a long time and its wearing on the wife due to the extended process. i fully expect it should be more fun on the other side. perhaps its a benefit that im going through this now so i take advantage of it when i have the resources to do so.

it has to work both ways or there will be animosity! And you won’t do shit if you feel like it’s not worth it bc she’ll be too pissy about it.

Re the woman, a wise old dude just gave me some good advice. Never stop dating. Cheesy sounding, but practically it means to force 1-2 nights where you come up with something. A special dinner, massage, movie that’s not about sci fi. That kind of stuff.

yup totally agree with you. i want to get better at this.

do that and you will become a master of the universe. You’ll receive more and better bedroom play, have a stable of retarded and fun guys to hang with, and even do better at work bc you won’t hate life as much.

love it. im tabling this for a few weeks and just trying to do what i can and then i am going to revisit my circumstances (JUL 1 DEADLINE)
if none of that works try fishing

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Going to play FOH ROULETTE HERE:

I think im getting this deal done in june. i will have money to work hard and play hard after that, but its going to be crazy.

my wife wiped out a lot of our personal savings of discretionary funds. but we are in a rut.

should I

A) Wait it out (been doing this for 4 months...it keeps extending)
B) Go to vegas with the wife for a 4 day weekend on the credit card

Whos feeling lucky? Comment below

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I think im getting this deal done in june. i will have money to work hard and play hard after that, but its going to be crazy.

my wife wiped out a lot of our personal savings of discretionary funds. but we are in a rut.

should I

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

should I

Dude, no... How about C) a cheap as fuck, no stress (financial or otherwise), normal weekend just relaxing with no kids somewhere local?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

should I

No one should ever do B.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Dude, no... How about C) a cheap as fuck, no stress (financial or otherwise), normal weekend just relaxing with no kids somewhere local?

Your not wrong. I may settle somewhere in between.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Its not that bad. 2k or something like that if im moderately responsible, which I would not be
I meant the credit card part. No one should carry credit card debt. If you can afford it, light the money on fire for all I care.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users