Losing your Parents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've noticed when someone dies how many people (some not even related) assume they know best on what the person wanted for a funeral and burial.

I've repeatedly said I want a funeral pyre but I don't expect whoever gets stuck with my carcass to follow through.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...heavy shit.

That’s pretty damn rough, man. You have my sympathies. Give it some time, but don’t be afraid to talk about it, even if it’s sporadic short asides whenever something comes up. Also, other side of the coin, don’t be pressured into talking about it if you’re not ready or just don’t want to.

There were people that would have said they were “close” to me that honestly didn’t know my dad had died for almost two years, because I just never talked about it. 🙄

Last edited:

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I lost my father 3 years ago at the age of 68. I miss him every fucking day. Wish I could say it gets easier but it hasn't for me.

Remember you don't owe your Mom/brother(s) shit, especially if they treat you like that.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My dad died the day after Christmas, 2006, at the age of 59. Melanoma. None of us knew until he was literally in the hospital. He had a small tumor on his cheek removed around a year prior. It was too late and he and never sought treatment, keeping it all to himself. We hadn't seen him for a few days, as he told us he was sick. We got a call that he had been taken to the ER. I got to the hospital and was able to tell him I loved him(along with my siblings) shortly before he was unconscious. He was dead the next morning. My dad was very old school. Hated doctors, didn't want to burden his family, etc. I will never do that to my kids, even if they're all adults.

Fortunately, I'm extremely close with my four siblings and my mother. Voyce Voyce , at the end of the day, your dad made the decisions in his life; good or bad. You don't have to like your mom and brother, but I hope you find peace with them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Voyce Voyce My grandpa on my dad's side died alone too. Heart attack. He tried to call 911, but it was too late. Don't let your sadness over his death compound your anger towards your mom and the others. While yes, they are shitty people and weren't the best to him, it sounds like that was nothing new.