Lost Ark Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly im enjoying this game quite a bit, im sure im running out of cutscene infused dungeons but im enjoying Vern quite a bit. Controls are a bit wonky and could use more functionality like WASD so i can change movement. However as it stands i give it a 9/10 overall. I've long since wished Diablo was made into an MMO and this checks those boxes for now. Im sure ill come to a point where the grind will be tedious but ive not enjoyed an MMO this much in some years. Hell this is the most ive used my PC since i built.

View attachment 397723View attachment 397724
I'm almost completely off the beaten path, just trying to get upgrade materials from things I "want" to do - and the dungeons still have cut scenes. :)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm almost completely off the beaten path, just trying to get upgrade materials from things I "want" to do - and the dungeons still have cut scenes. :)
3/4 on the "skip" portion of those always makes me rage. It always has to be ONE fuckin' lorefag who wants to watch trash ass, cringe MMO dialogue while he wears his waifu snuggie.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3/4 on the "skip" portion of those always makes me rage. It always has to be ONE fuckin' lorefag who wants to watch trash ass, cringe MMO dialogue while he wears his waifu snuggie.

Cringe yes but i enjoy it for what it is - F i dont remember any form of the story in D3

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Unless I drastically misread the tooltip, stuff like the Founder costumes can be transferred to other characters a limited number of times (3 if I recall correctly).

Usually, costumes come in a box. Once you open the box the costume becomes locked to that class and can be sold/traded 3 times but cost 10 peons per piece each time to xfer. If it's still in the box there is no trade/sell limit and no peon cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez, what ilvl are you at that you're getting failures already? I'm on my phone, but my guess would be it wouldn't be until about 440 that they start failing, but the percentage is super low.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The story is so fucking cringe in this game. It's beautiful in graphics - but holy fuck, I don't actually like this game's plot.

Controls are kind of ass. I feel like my RSI prevents me from enjoying the frantic mouse spam + intricate claw-hand keyboard controls. I probably need more time with them to fully enjoy it.

There's like 7 types of item reward systems stacked on each other. It's like logging into EQ after 18 years and seeing the marketplace, welcome window, the 10 bolted-on systems that have no modern relevance until you need them like XTarget, AAs, and such...

This game is trying far too fucking hard to be XIV in all other ways, though. I hope endgame is as good as y'all are making it, because the leveling experience is complete dogshit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Geez, what ilvl are you at that you're getting failures already? I'm on my phone, but my guess would be it wouldn't be until about 440 that they start failing, but the percentage is super low.
540. I failed 3 in a row for +13 on my weapon.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Who the fuck thought that "Thigh Rain" was a good name?

The same idiots who decided to change class names, when the original KR names are already in fucking English. Even the director of Smilegate was annoyed by that.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was watching a Korean streamer and he was explaining the amount of characters most KR players have. One average they have one main primary character, maybe 1 or 2 secondary main characters and some alts characters to funnel gold to the main character. So on average most of them have about 5 or more characters per account. I can see why they invest so much time into the game.

• 1Rustled

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The same idiots who decided to change class names, when the original KR names are already in fucking English. Even the director of Smilegate was annoyed by that.
The only one that kind of makes sense to change is Hawkeye, due to potential copywrite shit with Marvel. Other than that it made no sense.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit how many people are playing this game? I made a Striker and it literally took me over 10 minutes to get a name because everything was taken. I’m 50 years old and I even tried characters names from my childhood and they were taken. I feel for people tomorrow making a character and try to get a name.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The story is so fucking cringe in this game. It's beautiful in graphics - but holy fuck, I don't actually like this game's plot.

Controls are kind of ass. I feel like my RSI prevents me from enjoying the frantic mouse spam + intricate claw-hand keyboard controls. I probably need more time with them to fully enjoy it.

There's like 7 types of item reward systems stacked on each other. It's like logging into EQ after 18 years and seeing the marketplace, welcome window, the 10 bolted-on systems that have no modern relevance until you need them like XTarget, AAs, and such...

This game is trying far too fucking hard to be XIV in all other ways, though. I hope endgame is as good as y'all are making it, because the leveling experience is complete dogshit.
When I started slowing down and being more deliberate about using my abilities, things started working better vs just like frantic APM button spam.

Also, this shit has that same thing that every shitty mobile mmo/game has where you do some mundane thing and all of a sudden there is fanfare and 14 notifications pop up on your screen while 6 random reward boxes fly down into your inventory panel. Is this the kind of shit that the other side of the bell curve finds rewarding/enjoyable?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't be an idiot like me and spend 20mins killing rats trying to get the skill point potion drop, only to find out it autocompleted with the power pass and that's why it's not dropping.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit how many people are playing this game? I made a Striker and it literally took me over 10 minutes to get a name because everything was taken. I’m 50 years old and I even tried characters names from my childhood and they were taken. I feel for people tomorrow making a character and try to get a name.
Steam charts says about 500K peak today. Might be more tomorrow.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

A lot :eek: