Lost Ark Online

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit how many people are playing this game? I made a Striker and it literally took me over 10 minutes to get a name because everything was taken. I’m 50 years old and I even tried characters names from my childhood and they were taken. I feel for people tomorrow making a character and try to get a name.

Been getting harder and harder to get my name in games and services etc. these days. I imagine I’m already out of luck. What time does this go live for the free scrubs tomorrow? 12pm est like the early access?

I still have no idea what class I want to play. Nothing is really sticking out to me, but I might try bard since I like more support/utility stuff?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Been getting harder and harder to get my name in games and services etc. these days. I imagine I’m already out of luck. What time does this go live for the free scrubs tomorrow? 12pm est like the early access?

I still have no idea what class I want to play. Nothing is really sticking out to me, but I might try bard since I like more support/utility stuff?
More games should adopt the way Destiny does it, now that its all cross platform. It uses your steam # or some shit for your actual name and then in game you can name your shit whatever the fuck you want. Steam name that is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Going to go North of 1mm this weekend I imagine, great for SMG
Nahh, I think all the people that really wanted this game already are in. $15 is not that much lol. Im sure it will grow but not by 100%. But over time it might with good word of mouth.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Nahh, I think all the people that really wanted this game already are in. $15 is not that much lol. Im sure it will grow but not by 100%. But over time it might with good word of mouth.

I would bet for every person that paid for early access with a founders pack, there are two more dipshits that didn’t know early access for the founders pack existed, saw it was free to play and the release date, and are just waiting for the game to launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would bet for every person that paid for early access with a founders pack, there are two more dipshits that didn’t know early access for the founders pack existed, saw it was free to play and the release date, and are just waiting for the game to launch.
Could be, for sure. Well see. People are fucking retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Name didn't take too long. Berserker with blonde flowing locks named Zerkjerk , EASY!!

• 1Worf

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had been playing paladin but wanted to try artillarist because paladin just wasn’t flowing well with me. It’s a ton of fun. The combat in this game really is very satisfying.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was watching a Korean streamer and he was explaining the amount of characters most KR players have. One average they have one main primary character, maybe 1 or 2 secondary main characters and some alts characters to funnel gold to the main character. So on average most of them have about 5 or more characters per account. I can see why they invest so much time into the game.
Speaking of, what are the downsides to using the power pass? Are there items you miss out on or something?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Ah. It’s a 6 year old game in other countries. People could run a VPN and a translator to play the Russian version and have been for a while. Not a lot of people do that but it’s how the discussion has been going on for so long.
It just came out in late 2019 in Korea. I was thinking "2018 was 6 years ago? Holy shit this is strong cough medicine."

Crone

So yea, I have no interest in MMO stories or lore, so I skip everything, but I do most side quests just because it's on my map and I can't leave it there otherwise it bugs me. Skip all that dialogue as well. The G key is my friend. But combat is stupid as fuck, everything is easy and therefore boring, everything looks pretty but who cares if it's not fun. On the flip side, I'd be bitching if it was Dark Souls level crazy. There are zero reasons to use any of my abilities other than to make things go faster, and that's a shitty reason to do so.

This game will be successful from the tons of players that already know what end game is like and can stick it out and are just happy to see a NA release of the game, or for those weirdos that love the Korean MMO grind, but otherwise for new players, this shit is brutal.

And out of all that the sad part is that there may be a class that suits me better that is a ton of fun and works for me, but I'll never find out because I'm sure as hell not going to go back through any of this beginning mind-numbing bull shit to try.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
And out of all that the sad part is that there may be a class that suits me better that is a ton of fun and works for me, but I'll never find out because I'm sure as hell not going to go back through any of this beginning mind-numbing bull shit to try.
You only have to level to 50 1 time. You get 2 free power passes plus the Knowledge transfer on your island.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can't turn off the profanity filter for a rated M game? I regret giving them $50 now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit how many people are playing this game? I made a Striker and it literally took me over 10 minutes to get a name because everything was taken. I’m 50 years old and I even tried characters names from my childhood and they were taken. I feel for people tomorrow making a character and try to get a name.

Game is insanely popular. Everyone on my Steam is playing it, even folks who have sworn off MMOs -- it's almost as if releasing an MMO with shit to do will result in people playing it and spending money. Who knew?

Will be curious to see how F2P impacts how many people are playing tomorrow. I don't think we'll see *too* much of an increase as the 15$ entry fee probably got most people to at least give it a try. This is being mostly well received with people though, so who knows.

Last edited:

Crone

You only have to level to 50 1 time. You get 2 free power passes plus the Knowledge transfer on your island.
Absolutely correct. I have a lot of friends playing this game so I'll probably stick it out because any game is better with friends, but it's super difficult for me now. If I stick it out though, there is a good chance I'll get into the rhythm and start to like it.

If I create a new character I can get back into that "test" area as part of the prologue where I can try out all the different classes a little?

• 1Like