Lost Ark Online

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the hell out of this. Going real slow, just 33 so far, but I have 85% or more completion in the regions and 99% complete on the regional seeds too.

Think I am in the Orchard now, so still no sailing, which will probably be a huge obsession.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I create a new character I can get back into that "test" area as part of the prologue where I can try out all the different classes a little?

Yes, any new character goes to that angel thing and you can use the class tester if you want

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Additional Servers​

Ahead of our free-to-play launch, we will also be opening up additional servers in each region to help support the influx of new players and will continue to monitor to add more capacity as needed. The following servers will open at 9 AM PT on Friday, February 11th:

NA West

• Shandi
NA East

• Sasha
  • Adrinne
  • Aldebaran
  • Zosma
  • Vykas
  • Danube
---

Lol?

Also note: Sorry for those not on the server but we'll be sticking with Regulus for obvious reasons. Hoping it becomes unlocked / transferable ASAP (to be fair though, almost all the original servers are getting locked).

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gunslinger learning curve is something else compared to the other classes playstyle.
Yeah I played it a bit and figured it wasn't for me, there's just way too much shit to press constantly and keeping track of which stance you're in when you need to quickly switch to dodge out of something and stuff is too twitchy for my old hands.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just need to be able to do some remapping fucker to better use my orbweaver and g600

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I tried it in the RU client. Loved the concept but my old ass sucked at the execution. It was just too much weapon management for me.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are you guys doing for alts? Having multiple alts of the same class seems to have benefits from what I've read, but I don't fully understand that yet. If I like my main class it's basically just getting to play it more, which sounds good to me. The other good option seems to be to have support alts since you can get them into groups easily without much gear. Any advice on this from the people who've played RU already?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Absolutely correct. I have a lot of friends playing this game so I'll probably stick it out because any game is better with friends, but it's super difficult for me now. If I stick it out though, there is a good chance I'll get into the rhythm and start to like it.

If I create a new character I can get back into that "test" area as part of the prologue where I can try out all the different classes a little?
Yea, though the downside to that is being limited to a premade character to try out that may or may not reflect how fun / awful the class is as you actually play it from zero to hero.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
So didn't really look into the game before headstart just skimmed some things here and there, see mention of the term tripods being how you customize your skills. So here I am level 50 still looking for some system called tripods to unlock and I finally google it. It's the fucking skill tree.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So AGS decides to have maintenance on launch day for F2P, with the servers expected to come up just as the flood gates open.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I will say that I felt overwhelmed when the garrison-thing opened up at the same time as the faceted gems etc. Maybe because I just hammered G when they were explaining everything out of habit...

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
God damn they never learn. The worst thing you can do for an MMO is fully lock character creation during the early critical period. If you're too smooth brain to find a better solution, then at least have some kind of an invite system where people can give their friends a pass to create a character on their server. Fracturing groups of people who want to play together just means those 'latecomers' will never play the game. Same shit happened to New World and 14. Try to convince other people from your gaming group to play a game that everyone else is playing, then when they are convinced they can't create a character on your server. By the time creation opens up, they're either way behind or everyone else quit because the whole group wasn't there. Cross server play just enables this kind of second class citizen thing where they have no access to the main guild chat/resources.

I can't wait until the idea of mmo characters being locked to servers goes away. None of the benefits of specific server communities exist anymore, just all of the negatives.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. They should have had way more servers for headstart, for one. The game already has the ability to merge servers, RU did it a year ago. And there's nothing that fucks you over, like in New World.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I don't think there are server transfers? At least not free. You have to reroll. I don't think they have any special logic in place. If you claimed those items, they will be re-sent to your claim window, specifically the ones they outlined. You can then claim them on whatever server.