Lost Ark Online

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
its worse than that though. when you activate the controller. your guy stops responding to mouse direction correctly. your gunlancer does his fat kid hop backward the way he's facing with controller on. with no controller on off he hops away from the mouse. that's tremendous when you're tryin to line up attacks or get out of aoes. it's just a needless turd they left for any peasants who try to deviate from the hard coded control method.
That's because all Gunlancers secretly *want* to be in the AOE. It's their natural state; No matter how you try to direct them out of it, they keep trying to dive back in.
the avengers GIF
the matrix film GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just muscle memory. The more you fuck with the controls, the harder it'll be for it all to "settle in", because you're constantly relearning a new scheme. Just understand that you're probably going to suck shit for a while if you aren't used to "action heavy" or high APM MMOs.

Yeah, and my muscle memory kept getting me killed because the "stand still and takes tons of damage" button on my Artillerist happens to be my move forward key in EVERY OTHER FUCKING MMO.

I finally just remapped that key to be nothing. Can hit it as many times as my memory wants and nothing happens.

Other than that fiasco (and the founder's bs) this game has been a ton of fun so far.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure if LA chat had that capability Voldeth would have done that alrready. I never really used chat in RU since I don't speak rusky, but I don't see any way to do it.

This is giving that dumb motherfucker too much credit.

Created a chat and will be sending out invites (it seems to work cross server for anyone on East). Went in the guilds and invited everyone - if you're outside of either the main or alt guild, give me a shout on Discord or in game for an invite.

• 1Worf

nu_11

Man this game was so promising… until I got to my stronghold tutorial. What kind of mobile game bs do I have to do for my stronghold? 🤦‍♂️

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Man this game was so promising… until I got to my stronghold tutorial. What kind of mobile game bs do I have to do for my stronghold? 🤦‍♂️

My total time spent in my stronghold is <5 minutes. Some people like it (and tit does a lot of stuff for you). Really depends if you enjoy that stuff or not.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My in game name is Crimsontidez if you want to invite to chat. I play at a super casual 1 to 2 hr a day pace, so no need to take up amy guild space.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Man they really are fucking it up.

1644961238027.png

The fun thing is that I had less issues today than yesterday evening, so really didn't feel like they needed to restart the fucking server and boot me out.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Just skip it? From what I remember you will have to spend gold or time later for the things a stronghold provides(mats, etc) and you will most likely be behind someone using one to its max extant, but not sure I would call it required(like anything in the game, it just speeds up or saves you gold in the long run).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK why some people have a hard time with the click to move and spam keys for abilities like this game has. Its so much more intuitive than WASD move and clicking skills at same time. IDK I just have an easier time with games like these than shit like WOW with WASD movement AND clicking, Not enough fingers for that shit. I guess you could buy one of those mouse that have like 100 buttons on the side and muscle memory the 20 skills but meh.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It's just muscle memory. The more you fuck with the controls, the harder it'll be for it all to "settle in", because you're constantly relearning a new scheme. Just understand that you're probably going to suck shit for a while if you aren't used to "action heavy" or high APM MMOs.
having a background in lol or dota helps with this type of combat for sure, at least at first it seems

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man another fucking maintenance, this one without any warning either, my server isn't in the list they announced before but still got a maintenance. This time at midnight, which is still a terrible fucking time, at least I managed to get in earlier so I got my dailies done but fuck is this shit retarded with EU servers.

Cybsled

IDK why some people have a hard time with the click to move and spam keys for abilities like this game has. Its so much more intuitive than WASD move and clicking skills at same time. IDK I just have an easier time with games like these than shit like WOW with WASD movement AND clicking, Not enough fingers for that shit. I guess you could buy one of those mouse that have like 100 buttons on the side and muscle memory the 20 skills but meh.

It usually has more to do with aiming/positioning. Like you are expected to move away from boss, then turn and attack, etc. But it feels less intuitive when clicking for many since they are used to keys for move and mouse for aim, but this expects you to do mouse for move and aim

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It usually has more to do with aiming/positioning. Like you are expected to move away from boss, then turn and attack, etc. But it feels less intuitive when clicking for many since they are used to keys for move and mouse for aim, but this expects you to do mouse for move and aim

I'd agree with this when its action based(aka you have to aim). Same with MOBAs. You have to move with your mouse to move around but at the same time using that mouse to aim. Instead of 2 completely separate things(ie moving with wasd while keeping mouse over targets). It takes getting used too. And in high end competitive environment, you have to be pretty damn fast dodge/move in the direction you want and being able to snap your mouse to the target, do an ability and then right back to moving, seamlessly.

In a game like diablo 3 you rarely havee to be so precise. Generally aiming in the direction with most abilities allows a hit to register or that games revolves around 1 main ability a lot then just spamming utilities(to keep a buff or debuff going). Better when that main ability is also a movement and you can brain dead hold mouse button down while moving and attacking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I have a Corsair Ironclaw. Five useable buttons. I have a one button spam macro for the spam abilities. Cooldowns are the order. 4 other abilities assigned to a mouse button since I need those to be pretty much instant, and when I need them.

My shield and ult I use the keyboard Z and C. Works like a charm.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I have a Corsair Ironclaw. Five useable buttons. I have a one button spam macro for the spam abilities. Cooldowns are the order. 4 other abilities assigned to a mouse button since I need those to be pretty much instant, and when I need them.

My shield and ult I use the keyboard Z and C. Works like a charm.
I have had Naga whatever with 12 buttons for like 10+ years. WASD to move with abilities/skills on the numbers is just seemingly the default command scheme for everything and now this game is completely different. I have finally gotten used to it SORTA but will occasionally revert in combat to clicking my 1 button on the side of my mouse/try to use W to move out of the blue. I keep an former/empty potion in that slot on my quick keys.

I had to put it in perm 21x9 format in order to shrink to the UI more so I would not click the buttons at the bottom so much as well when fighting enemies below me. The fact that my onscreen presence takes up SO MUCH of the screen never stops annoying me, even at 4K.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For me it's just the fact that I very rarely play click to move games. And when I do, I usually remap the keys to wasd, or bail on the game if it doesn't let me. So my fingers have decades of memories tied to the move forward key.. moving forward.

If Lost Ark wasn't so much fun I'd bail on it too. But I like the game so my fingers are trying their best to forget eveything they thought was sacred.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, Ive played enough hours of shit like POE and D3 that this shit does not even phase me anymore. YOu gotta be a versatile gamer in 2022, bro!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, Ive played enough hours of shit like POE and D3 that this shit does not even phase me anymore. YOu gotta be a versatile gamer in 2022, bro!

/shrug I know but sometimes I just gotta
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users