Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also do you get a lot of mats completing Rohandel? or is it jsut story and ark progression?
You get a fair bit of mats doing the various stories, even sidequests give mats at that point. It's not massive amounts but it makes it worth progressing the story(which you have to do anyway I'm pretty sure, unlike the leveling stuff which is optional).

Man fucking EU servers, can't even connect to the queue. They did a maintenance AGAIN so I couldn't leave my PC on the entire day and now I probably can't play until midnight+, so I'm missing yet another day of timed content.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
FOUR fuckin honing failures in a row at 500?
Lol, no wonder BDO was so triggering for you guys. I failed 4 cuts in a row at 75% on a nice stone last night. Having been hardened and sharpened by BDO, I just laughed.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
FOUR fuckin honing failures in a row at 500?
I failed 4times in a row 3x in the 560-600, and a couple of 3x failure too including 15 > 16 which is the most mats in that range(900 armor shards, 18 leapstones and 1200 harmony per fail, can do weapon for 14 > 15 but it's even worse unless you have a bunch of weapon stones you don't need which I didn't, as I had been failling constantly).

It's just as bad as you'd expect from RNG shit, ultimately you know it'll work in a few days cause of pity chance but it sucks getting stuck for days on stupid RNG shit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pity chance is honestly one of the best things SG has built into their system. You really need to help out the folks at the "get fucked!" end of the RNG bellcurve.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lol, no wonder BDO was so triggering for you guys. I failed 4 cuts in a row at 75% on a nice stone last night. Having been hardened and sharpened by BDO, I just laughed.

I'd be shooting people at the job at 75% 4x man!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pity chance is honestly one of the best things SG has built into their system. You really need to help out the folks at the "get fucked!" end of the RNG bellcurve.
Yes it does help alleviate the pain a bit knowing that you're only so many fails away from progressing. It's still very frustrating though seeing hundreds of golds disappearing for nothing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I am a week behind. Landed in hospital night before head start and just got out.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Man I am a week behind. Landed in hospital night before head start and just got out.

Was wondering where you went! Hope everything is ok and that whatever occurred let's you stay home and play LA for the next 6 months or so.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was wondering where you went! Hope everything is ok and that whatever occurred let's you stay home and play LA for the next 6 months or so.
Yeah got some relaxing time between appointments for the next while, so plenty of time to play in between.

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
For anyone trying out gamepad here's how you can change the right stick sensitivity.

Change this setting to Steam Input
01.png

Which then enables this option under Manage.

02.png

Click on that box.

03.png

Adjust Sensitivity to your liking. This cannot be changed while the game is running. So it is a bit of a pain in the ass to keep reloading the game while you adjust it. Below is the sweet spot for my liking.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
I thoroughly tested remapping WASD, and controller things. and just having the controller activated does strange things to your controls, your hotkey tips, and how your guy handles movement. i do wish lost ark had a more remappable configuration with actual keyboard + mouse support.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the right stick click setting gets wonky for sure. Still trying stuff out. They just need to add a damn slider.

edit:

This did the trick. Need to manually set it to right stick click. Tested and it works in game.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
i downloaded reWASD to emulate a controller to do WASD in ark. it had a lot of sensitivity options and options for changing out buttons between controller or keyboard and mix or matching them.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
yea basically. i stopped messing with wasd and controller and just ate the turd sandwich long enough that i can control my manz better.
It's just muscle memory. The more you fuck with the controls, the harder it'll be for it all to "settle in", because you're constantly relearning a new scheme. Just understand that you're probably going to suck shit for a while if you aren't used to "action heavy" or high APM MMOs.

Goonsquad Officer
It's just muscle memory. The more you fuck with the controls, the harder it'll be for it all to "settle in", because you're constantly relearning a new scheme. Just understand that you're probably going to suck shit for a while if you aren't used to "action heavy" or high APM MMOs.
its worse than that though. when you activate the controller. your guy stops responding to mouse direction correctly. your gunlancer does his fat kid hop backward the way he's facing with controller on. with no controller on off he hops away from the mouse. that's tremendous when you're tryin to line up attacks or get out of aoes. it's just a needless turd they left for any peasants who try to deviate from the hard coded control method.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Sounds like you scrubs need to "git gud" IMO.
Gamepad is preferable to sitting on the floor and using a coffee table as a desk right now. Staying at my cunt mother-in-law's condo while we close on our house then I'll have a real setup.
Gamepad is great for anything non-ground target.

• 1Like