Lost Ark Online

Malkav

French Madman
Got a Sorceress alt for feeding my main, and man is it fun to just delete everything in Chaos dungeons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a tangible benefit to using elemental DMG attacks on a boss that is weak to that elemental type?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got 470 iLVL today. Is it best to continue the MSQ now while also doing the dailies? I guess more unlocking of Abyss/Chaos Gates are good.

Malkav

French Madman
Got 470 iLVL today. Is it best to continue the MSQ now while also doing the dailies? I guess more unlocking of Abyss/Chaos Gates are good.

You want to do your weekly abyss dungeons as soon as they unlock, so you should do that. Should already have the first 2 unlocked as they are 340.
You need to clear Rohendel to unlock the new level of guardians/chaos dungeon/Abyss dungeon that start at 460.

Man, right now I want to kill myself, still stuck at the end of T1, failing too many honing attempts miserably. Think I failed my gloves like 4 times before it went through, still failed weapon a bunch of time and i'm out of destruction fragments for the day.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As it relates to having a bit too much thrown at you (especially relating to currencies) I would agree with a bit of a caveat. The manner in which LA presents and introduces them is dumb as fuck and does not make it friendly (or understandable) for anyone. It essentially forces you to look up information online or remain clueless on something which significantly impacts your characters progression & growth. With that being said, I'd also argue that MMOs should have a world that makes you feel a bit overwhelmed with things. I don't view having to stash items away because they may have value as being too much of a detriment (my bank in EQ was filled with these).

Personally, I tend to enjoy games the most when I have no idea what's going on. Something about the feeling of the unknown and discovery is interesting to me. For many new mmos that "lost feeling" wears off pretty quickly because it just isn't feaseable to have tons of content at launch. Or the game is just a clone of everything that has come before and with some new art.

So LA will keep me occupied longer than most, since I am still very lost. And will be lost for a while it seems, with all of the content and systems they created since it launched in Korea.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Those stuck at like 580+ are you running alts through chaos daily and funneling materials to your "main"? I haven't had a chance to play much this weekend and this week will be super busy (plus, Elden Ring Thursday evening) but looking forward to pushing through Tier 2 soon! So much to do in the version we have, it's been really fun so far.

I'm really interested in the "new" classes release schedule and hope they have so more information for us soon. I'd really like a Summoner, a Hammer-Boi, Lance Master, etc....

Malkav

French Madman
Those stuck at like 580+ are you running alts through chaos daily and funneling materials to your "main"? I haven't had a chance to play much this weekend and this week will be super busy (plus, Elden Ring Thursday evening) but looking forward to pushing through Tier 2 soon! So much to do in the version we have, it's been really fun so far.

I'm really interested in the "new" classes release schedule and hope they have so more information for us soon. I'd really like a Summoner, a Hammer-Boi, Lance Master, etc....

Yeah i did 3 alts worth of guardian and chaos today, some with rested bonus too. Failed so much I ate it all without getting to 600. I'm at 593 right now.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question about classes. Which classes (current) have the best mobility while leveling, low tiers?

Love my Artillerist (mobs go boom) and pretty sure he's going to be my main, but no way I'm going to use him to get all of the Mokoko seeds out of dungeons, or other achievements where I can't use the mount. Fucker might as well be walking backwards. Stacking agility will help but that will take a while and want an alt that goes zoom out of the gate (Reaper isn't out yet).

So after main hits 50, my next alt has to be fast.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Zerker has very good mobility due to innate movespeed when doing Mayhem build. My scrapper does too I feel like I've never had someone actually go faster than me in dungeons and such, lots of mobility skills, the main one is only 6secs cooldown and with rage runes you can get movespeed from that, can also use the 2pc from T2 orange set which gives a movespeed buff everytime you spacebar, and scrapper spacebar cd is around 6secs so can keep it up a fair bit. Gunslinger is also great from what I've seen and is generally the one people pick for speedruns.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Question about classes. Which classes (current) have the best mobility while leveling, low tiers?

Love my Artillerist (mobs go boom) and pretty sure he's going to be my main, but no way I'm going to use him to get all of the Mokoko seeds out of dungeons, or other achievements where I can't use the mount. Fucker might as well be walking backwards. Stacking agility will help but that will take a while and want an alt that goes zoom out of the gate (Reaper isn't out yet).

i feel that in a big way on my gunlancer. next guy gonna be flipy tiny skinny kid.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah it's definitely very unga bunga but I like that, that's why I play Taijutsu on my Scrapper, no thinking, you're always at full ressources so you just press whatever's up. There is a little bit of "comboing" going on on Scrapper since using your charge buffs your dmg by 15% for 3secs so you charge > big hit, but otherwise it's straightforward, and that's what I like, I don't want to have to micromanage ressources and mechanics when a lot of these fights are already pretty intense with the aoes and shit.
Speaking of Scrappers, are ALL martial artists like them in terms of their "hit register" boxes? I boosted a scrapper, but so far I've regretted the shit out of it. I feel like I'm playing with tiny hands I have to be so goddamn close to a boss in order to hit him. I wanted to knowledge transfer a Soulfist, but if they have the same hit box bullshit, I really doubt I will.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

The two classes with the highest low level mobility are Scrappers & Gunslingers.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of Scrappers, are ALL martial artists like them in terms of their "hit register" boxes? I boosted a scrapper, but so far I've regretted the shit out of it. I feel like I'm playing with tiny hands I have to be so goddamn close to a boss in order to hit him. I wanted to knowledge transfer a Soulfist, but if they have the same hit box bullshit, I really doubt I will.
YEah I tried a few low level MAs and did not like any of them. Something about them just sucks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like them but yeah Scrapper has low range, have to be hugging that boss ass constantly, that's why you have so much mobility skills though, so you can reposition as needed, haven't found it too bad although some bosses are more annoying than others.

Edit: Oh got a skin helmet in a chaos dungeon. Didn't know that was a thing.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
YEah I tried a few low level MAs and did not like any of them. Something about them just sucks.
Yeah, that's what I'm starting to find out. Really wanted to like them, but their hitbox is just fucking atrocious. Half the time I feel like I'm right on the boss, but the skill still misses - "No, your fist has to be INSIDE his ass, not just hitting it!". It's fine in "easy" content, but when shit is flying around the screen like a molly infused EDM concert, being 0.2 meters away from the boss when you needed to be 0.1 is just horrible to deal with.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
are people generally playing this with kb/m or controller? I feel like the keyboard controls for using skills is pretty unresponsive

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hmm, good to know. Isn't Soulfist more of a ranged class, though, or do you have to melee first before you can start using the energy blast shit?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, good to know. Isn't Soulfist more of a ranged class, though, or do you have to melee first before you can start using the energy blast shit?
My understanding is "not really". I mean, I guess you can play it ranged, but it sounds like it's really sub-optimal to do so. You have to mix in melee I believe.

Paladin works similarly, in that most of your stuff is melee range, but you occasionally weave in some ranged abilities. I figured it'd work well for my playstyle, because I LOVE my Paladin. Issue is, if Soulfist's melee is the same hit-range as the Scrapper, there's no fucking way I'll enjoy it. Doing dailies on my Scrapper feels like a chore.