Lost Ark Online

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well thats been the thing to do in mmos since like WOW released and people learned to play it. MMOS conditioned people over the last 20 or so years that its imperative that you get to the end game ASAP as that is where the game truly begins.

Only problem in this game, where the end game is, gets obfuscated by all the content, systems and other such nonsense. But I would venture to say that once you hit 50-, regardless of ILVL, youre in the end game. Rushing to T3 is kinda stupid right now because thats where the content ends.

Only issue with that is if you ever plan on grouping with anyone to do content you have to get to the end quickly. Otherwise it's either pugs or get carried.. Neither of which are the best experiences.

After the better part of the week the biggest complaints about this game is still the piss poor questing systems. Also the timers on so much shit doesn't match well which is super annoying. Anything that wastes your time on purpose is total shit design.

Also these little mini world bosses for the adventure tomb are said to be on 30min spawn timers but that doesn't appear to be the case on some, waited for one today for about an hour and jack and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so am I correct in assuming the first thing I should do upon hitting level 50 is continue until I get to North Vern?
Depends, if you want to be max efficiency boi, just go straight to Vern, don't finish whatever you're doing. If you don't care that much, finish your quests so you never have to come back, up to you.
Getting Tytalos done so I can do T2 guardians was such a pain, even putting together a group for people who "know the mechanics". finally managed a kill after 5 tries without personally dying to the one shot at all, on the kill we had 2 people left alive (both of us 840gs lol). The fights are pretty fun but almost everyone I've played with has been really bad.
Yeah I figured I wasn't going to kill it with a pub so I soloed it once I had enough ilvl. Even then it was still a bitch to do. The final boss in the T4 guardian tab looks fucking stupid too so I'm just waiting until I'm in T3 gear to smash it instead of trying to find people who can do the mechanics properly.
Only issue with that is if you ever plan on grouping with anyone to do content you have to get to the end quickly. Otherwise it's either pugs or get carried.. Neither of which are the best experiences.

After the better part of the week the biggest complaints about this game is still the piss poor questing systems. Also the timers on so much shit doesn't match well which is super annoying. Anything that wastes your time on purpose is total shit design.

Also these little mini world bosses for the adventure tomb are said to be on 30min spawn timers but that doesn't appear to be the case on some, waited for one today for about an hour and jack and shit.
Adventure tomes in higher leveling zones have 2 bosses, one is a "world boss", which is the 30mins respawn shit that's about on par with the lvl of the zone, and one is a "Field boss" which is a special procyon daily event thing, they spawn only on certain days, once an hour from 11AM to 5AM on that day, and you can only get rewards once. They start at 380 and go up like that, so they're special. They do count for the tome, but you shouldn't expect them unless you're specifically farming for them. For example I didn't do Magmadon in Rohendel even though I farmed 70% cause it's not worth using my one daily spawn on a lower tier boss. In zones past Rohendel, they only have those field bosses. Need to check calendar/procyon to know when they're available(today for example they are spawning).

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so am I correct in assuming the first thing I should do upon hitting level 50 is continue until I get to North Vern?
Yea get to North Vern so you can unlock Chaos dungeons and Guardian raids to get gear and start the end game. After that you can do whatever after you've done the dailies/weeklies lockouts.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Getting Tytalos done so I can do T2 guardians was such a pain, even putting together a group for people who "know the mechanics". finally managed a kill after 5 tries without personally dying to the one shot at all, on the kill we had 2 people left alive (both of us 840gs lol). The fights are pretty fun but almost everyone I've played with has been really bad.

Cheesiest fight so far. We give you literally a 5 second window to grab the buff that takes 3 seconds to apply!

Aazrael

Theres no spots in the guild on US East right? My main right now is the sorceress (Fandaris) if theres an invite to the chat channel at least.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Also, whoever thinks Sorcerer is difficult is whacked. Try any class that has a 3-5 second locked animation class on 6/8 abilities. Sorcerer igniter build has 6/8 instant casts, 2 locked animation casts and your meter gives you obnoxious haste so your long cast abilities are cut down to a 1-2 second cast time. Then all your secondary stats are put into Specialization so you can max out meter more - so you're basically non stop tap and move, tap and move.
Ya I guess I was a bit off. I was watching a streamer and looked like they had long cast time abilities and were pretty squishy. Might've just been their build.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cheesiest fight so far. We give you literally a 5 second window to grab the buff that takes 3 seconds to apply!

It's really easy to time it, just watch for him to cast his earthquake ability, then he will use the one shot after using 3 more abilities, so you just get near a whirlwind on 3rd ability.

• 1Like

Caliane

I don't know how true it is in practice... but in theory, it sounds true... I heard things actually get easier as you gear up.
Gear doesn't just scale up with +damage, +defense. Move speed, cast speed, and cooldown reduction are also key stat improvements. Meaning mechanically you can avoid attacks easier as you get better gear. those 3s locked animations get reduced to 1.5s, etc... That 24s cooldown on your shield skill, gets reduced to 15s.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My group was 3 people at 1k+, and another around normal level for it (a bard).

Even still, I think we used up a few revives just because sometimes you get screwed.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My group was 3 people at 1k+, and another around normal level for it (a bard).

Even still, I think we used up a few revives just because sometimes you get screwed.

He's much easier solo than in a group. Me at like 1036 GS:

1645374505753.jpeg

• 1Like

Aazrael

How are you all building your characters? I checked guides but they all pick different skills and I can only have 5 of them at lvl 10. Not sure which ones to drop to 7 to be able to buff all 8 skills picked, if thats even a thing.

Caliane

you have to farm skill points to even get them all to 10.

im not sure which class actually even really has that much choice. Maining bard, and its pretty clear there is no real choice for it.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh THAT tytalos, that one I smashed easy. I meant the one with the colored orbs, that one's fucking dumb as shit. He doesn't one shot you as much but he shits aoes everywhere and was a major pain to melee especially since he's enraged a fair part of the fight since you can't do orbs solo.

How are you all building your characters? I checked guides but they all pick different skills and I can only have 5 of them at lvl 10. Not sure which ones to drop to 7 to be able to buff all 8 skills picked, if thats even a thing.
Check maxroll.gg build guides, and under the build image, use the slider to adjust to lower skill points. Most builds I've seen there have that. Just reduce it down to 258 or whatever you have. You will want to unlock more skill points eventually but you can live with shitty skill points for a while, especially since unlocking more requires a fair bit of work for most of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man can I see why people play DPS Gunlancer over Tanky boi. It's sooooo much more fun.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a Preferences tab inside the Combat Skills window that I was curious if it was actually useful? My first thought was that it could be a user up-voted system where builds for different things get posted and up-voted. There's another gacha game that does that. Summoner's War does it for builds, and I think a few others.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Keep in perspective that you are already familiar with the game, between the head start and knowing the game inside and out along with what items to rush for and sell on the AH what you have accomplished is nothing the typical player will experience in the gold making department.

Still I agree with you that the pay to win complaint is overblown, everyone has access to a fully fleshed out game for literally free if they choose and there is hundreds of hours of game play available if you simply don't try and slam your dick into a brickwall trying to speed up things that ultimately don't matter much.

I installed this on Monday fresh not having looked at even glanced at the game prior so far haven't spent any money and just feel like I scratched the surface of the game. It takes a while to get used to all the systems and things as well as the many currencies. I am probably overly cautious of what to use though since I have no idea the real value of items, most of the reward chests and things I have gotten along the way are still in my storage, and the currency trading obfuscation that @AladainAF mentioned is very real for a newbie. Right now I am at 420ilvl and feel gated by dailies but then again I haven't made an alt to get more currency yet or really even know what I am doing. I have been told there is a massive amount of resources you get from islands and things but again I have just started those.

I appreciate this post quite a bit as it's coming from someone who picked up the game and played it to make a determination on what they liked and didn't like. I do have a bias towards LA: I like the game a lot and want to see it succeed. I am using my knowledge of the game to take full advantage of the market to make a killing and as a result of that knowledge, I can concede that my perspective isn't in line with the average person. With that being said, the individuals I've responded to on this subject are those who have clearly not tried the game in any capacity and are instead regurgitating talking points from Youtube that are clearly click bait --- if ever there was a community that I'd think would stare at the bullshit of something like that and say, "enough", this would be the one.

As it relates to having a bit too much thrown at you (especially relating to currencies) I would agree with a bit of a caveat. The manner in which LA presents and introduces them is dumb as fuck and does not make it friendly (or understandable) for anyone. It essentially forces you to look up information online or remain clueless on something which significantly impacts your characters progression & growth. With that being said, I'd also argue that MMOs should have a world that makes you feel a bit overwhelmed with things. I don't view having to stash items away because they may have value as being too much of a detriment (my bank in EQ was filled with these).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Follow the build guides on Maxroll - but keep in mind that the people that make them know the boss mechanics inside and out and rarely ever get hit. With that being said, swap out a low skill point ability with a defensive ability if you're struggling with a piece of content. When you're gearing, keep in mind that Engravings like Grudge are going to make your life really rough if you dont know the content, too. Rank 1 Grudge is 20% more damage taken for just 4% additional damage done. Grudge isnt the only engraving that opens you up to a ton more damage as well, so just be wary of what Engravings you're putting on. A live DPS does more damage than a dead DPS.

Once you're at farm status and you have all your Skill Point grinds done, have at it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Kinda wish I had just bit the bullet and dealt with the EST vs PST time zones, just to have all the hype around all the people and everyone doing shit!! but I just hit 50 and doing ok over on lonely US West. Lol
West Coast = Beast Coast! I really wish these chucklefucks had done a Central server to give everybody a "best of both words". I got a Sharpshooter to 42? on Regulus, but I just can't PvP with that ping. And while I prefer PvE stuff in general, I like being a sweaty boi when it comes to PvP.
I installed this on Monday fresh not having looked at even glanced at the game prior so far haven't spent any money and just feel like I scratched the surface of the game. It takes a while to get used to all the systems and things as well as the many currencies. I am probably overly cautious of what to use though since I have no idea the real value of items, most of the reward chests and things I have gotten along the way are still in my storage, and the currency trading obfuscation that @AladainAF mentioned is very real for a newbie. Right now I am at 420ilvl and feel gated by dailies but then again I haven't made an alt to get more currency yet or really even know what I am doing. I have been told there is a massive amount of resources you get from islands and things but again I have just started those.
Honestly, all the rewards chests are best saved until you need them. Then just pop out whatever it is that you "need" for the quest, item, etc.
Anything that wastes your time on purpose is total shit design.
Odd that this is one of your complaints since I feel like Lost Ark is one of the only MMOs that goes out of its way to actually respect your time and not waste it on purpose. Rested bonuses for "missing" your dailies, islands appear multiple times throughout the day, etc.
He's much easier solo than in a group. Me at like 1036 GS:

View attachment 399355
Yeah, it's crazy how some guardians are fucking AIDS trying to solo (Vertus solo as a melee is fucking annoying as shit if you don't just overgear the fuck out of it - but he's a joke in a group) and easy as fuck in a group. Then there are some which are a total PITA with a group but fine solo.
im not sure which class actually even really has that much choice. Maining bard, and its pretty clear there is no real choice for it.
Maybe it's just a thing with Bard, but I feel like every class has a LOT of choices. My Paladin, for instance, has a TON of tripod/skill choices which are necessary depending on the situation. Got a boss that is rape for melee? Swapped to some ranged abilities like Light Shock and Light of Judgement. Got a boss that has a nasty debuff? Swap to the tripod where your shield cleanses debuffs. Got a boss that needs destruction? Toss in weak point on Executor's Sword or even swap in Punishment.

Don't get me wrong, I have a "general" build that is fine for most content, but there are a LOT of places where I need to bring more stagger, more back attack, more weak pt., etc.
There's a Preferences tab inside the Combat Skills window that I was curious if it was actually useful? My first thought was that it could be a user up-voted system where builds for different things get posted and up-voted. There's another gacha game that does that. Summoner's War does it for builds, and I think a few others.
Honestly, Maxroll.gg will set you up pretty well on a "general" skill path for raids, PvP, chaos dungeons, etc. From there, it's all about tweaking it to fit your personal playstyle, the particular boss mechanics, etc.