Lost Ark Online

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I hit max level in like 3 days and now I have no idea what the fuck to do. Everything is MF gated.

Want mats from the farm? Need to research that shit, then farm that shit 1 x per day for mats to repair my gd ship.

Want to progress the story? Oh shit, I need a song to complete that. Where do I get that song? Oh, it's gated with 16k pirate coins.

Want to progress gear? You gotta farm the hell out of dungeons, but only the low dungeons or do islands, but not that island bc it isn't unlocked yet. So...what islands? Unsure.

I'm really just confused as wtf to do bc there's SO MUCH FUCKING CONTENT and every time I decide to go one way, it's FUCKING GATED.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So, I hit max level in like 3 days and now I have no idea what the fuck to do. Everything is MF gated.

Want mats from the farm? Need to research that shit, then farm that shit 1 x per day for mats to repair my gd ship.

Want to progress the story? Oh shit, I need a song to complete that. Where do I get that song? Oh, it's gated with 16k pirate coins.

Want to progress gear? You gotta farm the hell out of dungeons, but only the low dungeons or do islands, but not that island bc it isn't unlocked yet. So...what islands? Unsure.

I'm really just confused as wtf to do bc there's SO MUCH FUCKING CONTENT and every time I decide to go one way, it's FUCKING GATED.

• 4Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
If you go to Freedom Isle or whatever it's called (Where you buy the song) there are some quests there that give a buttload of coins.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Once you're into tier 2, you have very few things gated. Rapport is about the only thing that I find extremely annoying and is gated out of the ass for the ACCOUNT. Lamest shit ever.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I hit max level on my FFXIV, EQ, and WoW characters but couldn't do raids without gear! Turns out, I have to actually get gear?!?! FUCKING GATED, MAN!

Or, you could do about 5 seconds of research on YouTube and get through a lot of those "gates" called, "typical, MMO shit you should expect after 20+ years of them".

As far as mats on your island, that's an EXTREMELY inefficient way to get mats for item crafting. The island farm simply exist as a fast way for people to blow their daily lifeskill energy and still get something out of it. It's essentially there for people who don't give a fuck about tradeskills, yet still want some small profit/use out of their energy. It's horribly inefficient.

Aazrael

Got to 560 item level today. I guess the failure honings start now...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont know why but after T1 the T2 story is actually interesting. Honestly from Rohendel onward I’ve actually been watching the cut scenes. Especially when you realize it’s no use rushing to higher item level since T3 is end game for us for now.
Im in Feiton now and just casually enjoying the experience.
Is the overall story great? Nope but it’s enjoyable enough

Also T2 paladin armor looks way better than that dumb hoodie shit skin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I feel like "daily lockouts for currency" or "combine failures" by themselves are enough to limit progression. Having both feels like some kind of Chinese water torture made to inspire shop purchases.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Diablo 2 Justice GIF by Xbox

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

I dont know why but after T1 the T2 story is actually interesting. Honestly from Rohendel onward I’ve actually been watching the cut scenes. Especially when you realize it’s no use rushing to higher item level since T3 is end game for us for now.
Im in Feiton now and just casually enjoying the experience.
Is the overall story great? Nope but it’s enjoyable enough

I started getting interested after Phantom Palace. Yorn was cool, but I could see through the veil of "We stole Iron Forge" pretty easily. Feiton was quite fun and Ive been working on 100%'ing Feiton Adventure log. Farming cooking mats is going to back to EverQuest type of design though. Think I farmed eels for like an hour just trying to get their meat to drop.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I hit max level on my FFXIV, EQ, and WoW characters but couldn't do raids without gear! Turns out, I have to actually get gear?!?! FUCKING GATED, MAN!

Or, you could do about 5 seconds of research on YouTube and get through a lot of those "gates" called, "typical, MMO shit you should expect after 20+ years of them".

As far as mats on your island, that's an EXTREMELY inefficient way to get mats for item crafting. The island farm simply exist as a fast way for people to blow their daily lifeskill energy and still get something out of it. It's essentially there for people who don't give a fuck about tradeskills, yet still want some small profit/use out of their energy. It's horribly inefficient.

The path to raids in WoW is straightforward and it's not gated w timed tasks. You just collect gear.

I'm not suggesting Lost Ark is a bad game. I'm suggesting that there's so much shit to do it's impossible to know what to do next and every direction I wanted to go was gated w rabbit holes.

Aazrael

Red Fox Guardian sucks ass... I know you should get buffs from fire but we arent even close to killing it.

Edit: Failed at 1%. But too late to continue this.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of Engravings earlier, people do seem to be buying them for stupid prices atm, even just green class engravings seem to go for 15 to 20g, which is obscene considering you need 20. If you were to buy 20 at 20g, you'd be 2/3 of the way to just buying a knowledge transfer char and getting 20 books that way(and 10 blue books, plus a bunch of generic green and 10 more class greens for another alt). I mean I'm just selling mine so not complaining, just weird.

Also pubs are so fucking bad sometimes(40 ilvl higher than the boss but still that's not THAT big).

View attachment 399624
Does it show the damage percent for everyone? How long until we get log readers for DPS meters? NEED IT.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The path to raids in WoW is straightforward and it's not gated w timed tasks. You just collect gear.

I'm not suggesting Lost Ark is a bad game. I'm suggesting that there's so much shit to do it's impossible to know what to do next and every direction I wanted to go was gated w rabbit holes.

And WoW has a ton of very informative websites to google. Google Lost Ark guides for anything and you get all this click bait bullshit that has one paragraph of useless info and tons of adds.

That will get better eventually as the google rankings settle out. But atm there are a ton of greedy fucks milking the Lost Ark hype for as many clicks as they can get and not providing anything useful.

• 4Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I've been stuck like this basically the whole time. Started getting the hat one day... then it switched to another one and progress stopped. Nothing seems to give progress on the hat anymore (which I don't really care about, just confirming I'm seeing the same shit).

View attachment 399642
As soon as you go into a channel, you can click on your profile icon in the top right of the screen, and it'll show your Drop "progress". Easy way to see if the stream is helping you out or not.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So i like alot of the little things - like story quest make you feel like youre actually on an adventure - in wow its just run here and there and you dont read quest because you dont feel involved - this isnt that much different but the little scenes and camera angle changes go a long way to pull you into whats going on. Jumping from building to building or trying to cross a thin beam to get to another section, enjoying all that shit.

Screenshot_220222_165315.jpg
Screenshot_220222_165521.jpg
Screenshot_220222_165610.jpg
Screenshot_220222_165859.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users