Lost Ark Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont have enough fingers and toes to count all the times Ive ended up soloing a Guardian boss, go back for refill and then at the end have someone say something like "I had no idea you could do that!" I think the game has a lot of little nuances like this that frustrate people. Im just not sure if theyre fully disclosed, are too vague when explained or what, or AGS just did a terrible job with translation (which could very well be the case).
Yeah the first raid you enter in this game, solo or in a group, this shit should be explained to you step by step by big ass pop ups with clear engrish.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Product inventory I think. Still have a 5 day one in there. Don't recall why we got them.
Hmm. Never saw anything like that. You on EU?

The problem is the mentality itself to rush, must rush, END GAME, RAIIIID... So you get to end game and then what? Youre on daily/weekly lockouts anyway, and in this game you have to go back and complete all the shit you missed rushing anyway.

the world is your oyster bud. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.
Only reason I'm still rushing is because the terribads will ruin your day. I'm already struggling explaining easy mechanics to groups and it's only two weeks in. When the masses start hitting t2 it'll be a shit show. I still haven't been able to clear the first 8 man because people are so bad. And I'm pretty bad myself, so that's saying something.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The path to raids in WoW is straightforward and it's not gated w timed tasks. You just collect gear.
Oh, so I can run the raids as often/as many times as I want and not suffer lockout timers? Interdasting...

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regulus.

Looks like the 3 day aura everyone should have received if they logged in before between feb 11th and 13th or some such. Think the 5 day is from an amazon prime claim.

If you didn't get the 3 day aura then it might need a ticket.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Regulus.

Looks like the 3 day aura everyone should have received if they logged in before between feb 11th and 13th or some such. Think the 5 day is from an amazon prime claim.

If you didn't get the 3 day aura then it might need a ticket.
Thats exactly the case. 3 Day was a reward in-game, 5 day was amazon prime gaming reward.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What the fuck? Didn't get either. Fucking Amazon.

Edit: Guess I didn't realize the Prime was opt in. So I got that one. And I guess we were out of town for the 11-14 one. Think I logged in the 10th and 15th.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I dont have enough fingers and toes to count all the times Ive ended up soloing a Guardian boss, go back for refill and then at the end have someone say something like "I had no idea you could do that!" I think the game has a lot of little nuances like this that frustrate people. Im just not sure if theyre fully disclosed, are too vague when explained or what, or AGS just did a terrible job with translation (which could very well be the case).
Yeah its up there with "you can ctrl+left click to ping the map" during guardians.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally cleared the 2nd abyssal dungeon. Took me 3 days of pugs. Jfc people are bad. I’m no superhero, but the mechanics are a joke for that dungeon. It did feel super good to finish it though. Something I’ve missed in a mmo for a while.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Only reason I'm still rushing is because the terribads will ruin your day. I'm already struggling explaining easy mechanics to groups and it's only two weeks in. When the masses start hitting t2 it'll be a shit show. I still haven't been able to clear the first 8 man because people are so bad. And I'm pretty bad myself, so that's saying something.

Last night I via PUG did the chick who pissed off the demon, who in turn tries to squish her with a giant hand. I had to explain 5x WTF the marked guy needs to STAY THE FUCK STILL! Then another 5x trying to explain to people what the fuck an "X" is.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last night I via PUG did the chick who pissed off the demon, who in turn tries to squish her with a giant hand. I had to explain 5x WTF the marked guy needs to STAY THE FUCK STILL! Then another 5x trying to explain to people what the fuck an "X" is.
That's the one a few pages ago where I said "never again."

Despite myself and I think Suineg both being in T2 and carrying it, we still probably wiped at least a dozen times. Oh, and everyone in Discord.

That whole dungeon is awful.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the one where you have to break her shield while the elemental dude has his hand on the bitch? Yeah that fight is aids.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, so I can run the raids as often/as many times as I want and not suffer lockout timers? Interdasting...

But it's not like you get reasonably better gear score, unless I'm missing something. For every 10 dungeons I run I get 3 gear score increase.

Am I missing something?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

Such a bad mechanic for this type of control system. I'll probably never go in that dungeon again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But it's not like you get reasonably better gear score, unless I'm missing something. For every 10 dungeons I run I get 3 gear score increase.

Am I missing something?
I'm just saying that your complaints about "gating" are silly, when EVERY MMO in existence, throughout their history are guilty of "gating" content. It has literally existed in every MMO.

The difference with Lost Ark is that you have about a fucking million other things you can do when you're at a "wall" for the day. Most other MMOs your only other choice is to log out. Now, I'm not saying you won't EVENTUALLY get there with Lost Ark, because part of its beauty is all the "collectible" shit only has to ever be done once. But, for now, there are PLENTY of things you could be doing if you somehow think you're "stuck".

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm just saying that your complaints about "gating" are silly, when EVERY MMO in existence, throughout their history are guilty of "gating" content. It has literally existed in every MMO.

The difference with Lost Ark is that you have about a fucking million other things you can do when you're at a "wall" for the day. Most other MMOs your only other choice is to log out. Now, I'm not saying you won't EVENTUALLY get there with Lost Ark, because part of its beauty is all the "collectible" shit only has to ever be done once. But, for now, there are PLENTY of things you could be doing if you somehow think you're "stuck".

I'm just saying that after 30 hours of unrestricted gameplay, it's pretty abrupt to suddenly hit 5 different gates when I'm trying to find shit to do. The game does a great job of helping the player level. It does a not-so-great job of communicating what content is available after max level.

I'm not shitting on Lost Ark, so don't feel like you have to defend it. It's just super fucking annoying to know there's so much content and I can't experience it bc I gotta hold my dick for 2-6 hours waiting for 5 different timers to expire.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
One of the only things I haven't had time to do in Lost Ark yet is "hold my dick for 2-6 hours". There isn't enough time in the day to do everything I need to do.

• 1Solidarity