Lost Ark Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The path to raids in WoW is straightforward and it's not gated w timed tasks. You just collect gear.

I'm not suggesting Lost Ark is a bad game. I'm suggesting that there's so much shit to do it's impossible to know what to do next and every direction I wanted to go was gated w rabbit holes.

The problem is the mentality itself to rush, must rush, END GAME, RAIIIID... So you get to end game and then what? Youre on daily/weekly lockouts anyway, and in this game you have to go back and complete all the shit you missed rushing anyway.

the world is your oyster bud. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The problem is the mentality itself to rush, must rush, END GAME, RAIIIID... So you get to end game and then what? Youre on daily/weekly lockouts anyway, and in this game you have to go back and complete all the shit you missed rushing anyway.

the world is your oyster bud. Enjoy the game how you want to enjoy it.

I'm not trying to rush, just figure out what to do next and everything is time gated.

I decided to follow the Speedrun to T3 guide and do islands...as that's the only thing not gated.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you replenish potions during a Guardian fight or is the charges you start with and thats it?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have a limited amount of potions per life. It will reset if you die and come back.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I reeeaaally hate missions where you have to start over if spotted

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm not trying to rush, just figure out what to do next and everything is time gated.

I decided to follow the Speedrun to T3 guide and do islands...as that's the only thing not gated.
So whats time gated? You want pirate coins for the song? Go look up a guide on pirate coins and in like 2-3 islands yuo will have like 50K. there is enough mats on islands to push one character to 460 and then you can do the next ark quest in Rohandle or whatever the fuck its called.

Then you have the shit like tower and cube, daily raids, daily quests, daily dungeons, 2 types. One solo and one with pugs. Did you finish up with Shushire to get ark? Do you have all 302 gear now? You can work on completing your tome to get the shit they drop. You can look up a guide on how to get skill pots. Look up guides on what quests to complete for the books you need for your engravings....

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So whats time gated? You want pirate coins for the song? Go look up a guide on pirate coins and in like 2-3 islands yuo will have like 50K. there is enough mats on islands to push one character to 460 and then you can do the next ark quest in Rohandle or whatever the fuck its called.

Then you have the shit like tower and cube, daily raids, daily quests, daily dungeons, 2 types. One solo and one with pugs. Did you finish up with Shushire to get ark? Do you have all 302 gear now? You can work on completing your tome to get the shit they drop. You can look up a guide on how to get skill pots. Look up guides on what quests to complete for the books you need for your engravings....

I did that and got the song, then missed the next special quest spawn by 2 minutes, so now I need to wait another 2 hours for the faerie quest to spawn again.

Or I could do some homestead stuff, but my ship is broken and I'm 2 hours away from completing my current research, to then wait another several hours to research and get my farm, so that I can gather mats at the farm, that only respawn 1 x per 24 hours, to fix my ship and make stuff.

So, I just logged out for now to wait. Bc I don't want to spam dungeons and I don't want to look up another guide to find something to do in the meantime for the umpteenth time, while I wait on gated shit.

See what I mean?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So you dont have like 500 silver to fix your fucking ship?

Edit: you mean the ship from your island? Shit bro you can go to any zone or island that has mats and farm them up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Gated is kinda the point though, right? The entire main point of the game, collecting gear, isn't gated, you can grind that shit all day. The rest of it is gated where you can only do so much of it at a time. It's odd to be frustrated about all the gating, but the main point of the game, collecting gear, isn't gated and you don't care about that?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Man - when im on a mission and a dog bites me and i die, im sitting here like "Mfer dont you know who i am???"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Gated is kinda the point though, right? The entire main point of the game, collecting gear, isn't gated, you can grind that shit all day. The rest of it is gated where you can only do so much of it at a time. It's odd to be frustrated about all the gating, but the main point of the game, collecting gear, isn't gated and you don't care about that?

I prob ran 10 dungeons then got tired of it, so I was going to do homestead (gated) then I was going to do islands progression (gated).

So, now what do I do besides log out?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Run back to that glowing area at the start of the map to replenish pots/items

Also, I think there's a crafted consumable that lets you port back to the start of the area. I've never used it, but I seem to remember reading the description. Helps with the Guardians that are in those shitty huge maps with all the climbing and shit.

Daidraco

I dont think you're reading through the guide in its entirety - it says "Skip this part for now" in several sections. Then at the end of it all, you should have the songs etc. to go back to those islands and complete them in their entirety. The guides on Maxroll are pretty f'n good from the perspective of a new player.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think you're reading through the guide in its entirety - it says "Skip this part for now" in several sections. Then at the end of it all, you should have the songs etc. to go back to those islands and complete them in their entirety. The guides on Maxroll are pretty f'n good from the perspective of a new player.
I mean if the island is not up, WTF do you do? Quit the game? No, you go to the next one and then the one after that and return in 1.5 hrs when the island is up.

Daidraco

Run back to that glowing area at the start of the map to replenish pots/items
I dont have enough fingers and toes to count all the times Ive ended up soloing a Guardian boss, go back for refill and then at the end have someone say something like "I had no idea you could do that!" I think the game has a lot of little nuances like this that frustrate people. Im just not sure if theyre fully disclosed, are too vague when explained or what, or AGS just did a terrible job with translation (which could very well be the case).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I mean if the island is not up, WTF do you do? Quit the game? No, you go to the next one and then the one after that and return in 1.5 hrs when the island is up.
I dont get the complaints man, dont look at me.