Lost Ark Online

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm just saying that after 30 hours of unrestricted gameplay, it's pretty abrupt to suddenly hit 5 different gates when I'm trying to find shit to do. The game does a great job of helping the player level. It does a not-so-great job of communicating what content is available after max level.

I'm not shitting on Lost Ark, so don't feel like you have to defend it. It's just super fucking annoying to know there's so much content and I can't experience it bc I gotta hold my dick for 2-6 hours waiting for 5 different timers to expire.

This isnt a gate - as the other guy said - you hit max lvl in wow and you need to get gear to do raids to progress further, this isnt a new mechanic and its not a gate. A gate is when you need to do 30 dailies to unlock something that has no relation to your gear or skill, the game just put it there to slow you down. Gearing isnt really the same as that, gearing has been in MMOs since EQ1. Ever go to ToV being freshly max level with no prior raid gear? Possible? Yes, but unlikely unless being carried.

That aside T2 fails fuckin blow - alllllllllllllllllllll these mats *poof*

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This isnt a gate - as the other guy said - you hit max lvl in wow and you need to get gear to do raids to progress further, this isnt a new mechanic and its not a gate.

You can't just go kill a boss and get a better piece of gear though. 10 runs = like 3 gear score. What am I missing here?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last night I via PUG did the chick who pissed off the demon, who in turn tries to squish her with a giant hand. I had to explain 5x WTF the marked guy needs to STAY THE FUCK STILL! Then another 5x trying to explain to people what the fuck an "X" is.
Best way to explain it to people that cant stay f'n still is to just say dont move with X and RIGHT CLICK to point the laser. People have an inherent desire to click all over the place to just point the laser.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's just super fucking annoying to know there's so much content and I can't experience it bc I gotta hold my dick for 2-6 hours waiting for 5 different timers to expire.
This just makes no sense to me. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the game if you think you're "holding your dick" for 2-6 hours because of timers. You're either full of complete shit or have a huge lack of knowledge.

Even at GS 1300+, this early in the game, there's ZERO chance you have nothing to do but hold your dick for 2-6 hours. Even less so for you, since it sounds like you're probably sub 600.

All I'm saying is that your complaints are completely unfounded. Players complain that MMOs "hold your hand", then ALSO bitch that there's "TOO MUCH CONTENT AND THEY AREN'T TELLING ME HOW TO DO IT!!" - ever try "exploring"? Novel, I know..

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You're either full of complete shit or have a huge lack of knowledge.

I have like 4 days of playing. Of course I don't fully understand the game. LOL?

Glad to see the 90 IQ black-pill following you around.

All I'm saying is that your complaints are completely unfounded. Players complain that MMOs "hold your hand", then ALSO bitch that there's "TOO MUCH CONTENT AND THEY AREN'T TELLING ME HOW TO DO IT!!" - ever try "exploring"? Novel, I know..

I'm describing my experience. Sorry it hurts you so deeply.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just like this thread lately, the area chat is fucking aids 90% of the time. Its refreshing to see.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have like 4 days of playing. Of course I don't fully understand the game. LOL?

I'm describing my experience. Sorry it hurts you so deeply.
People here gave you a guide. If you follow that guide you should easily be 600+ GS and in T2.

Im also not understanding the running 10 dungeons and getting 3 GS. Typically when I ruin the chaos dungeon it nets me a couple or even 3 honing upgrades, especially in low T1 where youre at right now.Not to mention the accessories you get.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Im also not understanding the running 10 dungeons and getting 3 GS. Typically when I ruin the chaos dungeon it nets me a couple or even 3 honing upgrades, especially in low T1 where youre at right now.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong then.

Also what do you mean by "honing" upgrade?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You hone your gear. Basically taking all those mats you get, going to the "honing" NPC in the city and upgrading your gear to a higher GS.

First you start with a blue set, you should have gotten a set of 302 gear from running your first chaos dungeon. Then later you will get materials to craft purple and even legendary gear from other dungeons. SO when you craft those you will transfer all of your honing progress from the blue gear to the purple and then legendary.

Also, keep an eye out on the quality of the gear too. the higher the quality is the better the stats will be. So even with a blue set, when you find, say a 90 quality chest piece, and the one you have is 30 quality, you will want to transfer your honing upgrades to the 90 quality gear and equip that. You can transfer the stuff at the same NPC that hones it.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You hone your gear. Basically taking all those mats you get, going to the "honing" NPC in the city and upgrading your gear to a higher GS.

Yeah I've done that. That's how I initially hit 340. But, what do you mean by "honing" upgrade? Something that's the same item level as my current gear without being upgraded?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what I'm doing wrong then.

Also what do you mean by "honing" upgrade?

That's not someones experience unless they just beginning to gear from 50.

From 5-10+ it starts taking a decent amount to level each piece. I've got 5 340ilvl chars feeding my main and it's a ton of mats per attempt from 10+. I spent 3k destruction stones alone on 1 piece from 14->15 and that is not what I earn from chaos dungeons/raids per day on ALL chars combined.

However the content is basically endless at this point and that is where you get mats. Sail around. Do adventure quests. Explore.

I have a little compiled spreadsheet of places with best rewards and it's like 50 islands and similar number if not more of decent quest chains that just throw shit at you just in T1 alone.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've done that. That's how I initially hit 340. But, what do you mean by "honing" upgrade? Something that's the same item level as my current gear without being upgraded?
Honing just basically means upgrading. Not sure what you mean. I guess you figured it out then.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Honing just basically means upgrading. Not sure what you mean. I guess you figured it out then.

Out of the 40+ items I've gotten, I've only seen a couple of upgrades and they're either earings or necklace that gives me negligible gear level. I haven't seen armor or a weapon that is an upgrade yet.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You don't get gear armor/weapon for upgrades. You upgrade them with mats until you are in the next tier and repeat. Every tier unlocks more content.

If you're feeling feisty you can do abyssal dungeons to get epic/legendary sets of that tier.

aka that first set of gear you got from quest zone or chaos dungeon is it until you +15 it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That's not someones experience unless they just beginning to gear from 50.

From 5-10+ it starts taking a decent amount to level each piece. I've got 5 340ilvl chars feeding my main and it's a ton of mats per attempt from 10+. I spent 3k destruction stones alone on 1 piece from 14->15 and that is not what I earn from chaos dungeons/raids per day on ALL chars combined.

However the content is basically endless at this point and that is where you get mats. Sail around. Do adventure quests. Explore.

I have a little compiled spreadsheet of places with best rewards and it's like 50 islands and similar number if not more of decent quest chains that just throw shit at you just in T1 alone.
I dont think it takes that much, My main is at 560 now and this is without ever getting the island loot ever on him. I saved all that stuff for my sorc. Maybe I was just lucky? But I did finish all of the story and did most side quests and also ran a shit ton of chaos dungeons. But yeah now at like lv12-13+ im getting fails more for sure. I think I failed my weapon like 3x in a row now from 13 to 14 or 14 to 15, cant remember.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You don't get gear armor/weapon for upgrades. You upgrade them with mats until you are in the next tier and repeat. Every tier unlocks more content.

If you're feeling feisty you can do abyssal dungeons to get epic/legendary sets of that tier.

aka that first set of gear you got from quest zone or chaos dungeon is it until you +15 it.
Well you do get the quality upgrades though. So he should keep an eye out for that stuff. A quality 90+ item will be far superior to a 20 quality item on stats.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It's 1k per attempt at 14. But my take away was that it's not hard to gather materials if you just play the game, but chaos/raids are kind of ass when you are in the final stages of the tier even if you have a farm factory setup. I have alts ready to pump into T2 when my main gets high enough to unlock the stronghold perk of less mats per alt. All this is with getting a week late start. Could easily have been in T3 with the extra week, but kind of pointless to rush and burn out straight away.

Quality is pretty meaningless for the content though. Same with stats in T1. When you are in high T2/into T3 then I'd say be selective on quality/stats to make an end game build. For now you could beat all T1 content naked it if it allowed you to.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

You don't even understand basic shit that takes literally 5 minutes of YouTube and guides have been linked multiple guides. At this point, it's obvious you're just choosing to be a dipshit about this. It's not the game's fault you game like an ignorant retard.

And even IF you were a fucking dumb-dumb who was "locked out" of upgrading/honing your gear to a higher ilvl because you went about it the absolute dumbest way possible, there are about 500 activities you COULD be doing to advance your overall character/roster progression while you wait for chaos/guardians/etc. to reset. Instead, you're stuffing your head in the sand and claiming you're locked behind a "gate" that doesn't exist for you yet.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You don't even understand basic shit that takes literally 5 minutes of YouTube and guides have been linked multiple guides. At this point, it's obvious you're just choosing to be a dipshit about this. It's not the game's fault you game like an ignorant retard.

And even IF you were a fucking dumb-dumb who was "locked out" of upgrading/honing your gear to a higher ilvl because you went about it the absolute dumbest way possible, there are about 500 activities you COULD be doing to advance your overall character/roster progression while you wait for chaos/guardians/etc. to reset. Instead, you're stuffing your head in the sand and claiming you're locked behind a "gate" that doesn't exist for you yet.

You're really mad about it. Go talk a walk around the block buddy.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users