Lost Ark Online

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is probably an obvious question but do the harder deeper levels of chaos dungeons simply reward more mats? Same with guardians and their souls?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I hear that people are transferring their gold to crystals. As the crystal worth maintains while gold does not. Is this true?
Sort of? Right now blue crystals will rise with "inflation" and you don't really "need" gold for much yet. Once items start costing a fortune for a perfect T3 accessory, honing, etc. gold will be more valuable IMO.

Blue crystals are decent "investment" if your plan is to convert them to gold later. Otherwise, just hang on to your gold as it'll be the most "valuable" resource eventually.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This is probably an obvious question but do the harder deeper levels of chaos dungeons simply reward more mats? Same with guardians and their souls?
Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Sort of? Right now blue crystals will rise with "inflation" and you don't really "need" gold for much yet. Once items start costing a fortune for a perfect T3 accessory, honing, etc. gold will be more valuable IMO.

Blue crystals are decent "investment" if your plan is to convert them to gold later. Otherwise, just hang on to your gold as it'll be the most "valuable" resource eventually.

You'll need all your gold and more at t3. Usually blue crystals would slowly increase in cost as the game ages. Unfortunately, due to Amazon's stupidity, we don't have that luxury. Between the greed of the whales selling them, and the rmt bots shoveling gold into the economy (thanks to AGS leaving in the gold rewards for tutorial quests) and the dumb fucking idea to make the aura and certain other items sell for blue crystals increasing the demand, the cost is already skyrocketing and we're only two weeks in. Blues should cost an average of like 100g per 100 (95) right now. Instead the price has been steadily and rapidly climbing. Currently at over 500g. In RU, with a 2 year old economy, they are only ~1200. At this rate we'll hit that in another few weeks.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did my first Chaos Dungeon tonight, and that was fun. Kept getting MVP but I think Berserker's have it easy. Class is like made for these AOE dungeons.

Used Powerpass on my Sharpshooter, and did all the stuff to get them in Vern at 302. So I'll start farming that stuff as well I guess.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm still relatively new to this game. Is it better to put your level points into as many attacks as possible, or concentrate on just a few? Also, what do you do with old gear? My inventory is starting to fill up with crap. Sorry, I know there are noob questions, but I've only been playing for about a week.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did my first Chaos Dungeon tonight, and that was fun. Kept getting MVP but I think Berserker's have it easy. Class is like made for these AOE dungeons.

Used Powerpass on my Sharpshooter, and did all the stuff to get them in Vern at 302. So I'll start farming that stuff as well I guess.
Till you run into a Paladin and wonder why you never make MVP again!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I only have a few hours after work, so I'm not max level still. Is there a guild going that has spots for a filthy casual? So silly that they limit it so low. Loving the rest of the game though, it's super smooth, detailed and an actual decent story.

Anyone else run it in that super widescreen mode so you can see further?

MistyShockedIsopod-max-1mb.gif

Xerge

<Donor>
I only have a few hours after work, so I'm not max level still. Is there a guild going that has spots for a filthy casual? So silly that they limit it so low. Loving the rest of the game though, it's super smooth, detailed and an actual decent story.

Anyone else run it in that super widescreen mode so you can see further?
You're welcome to join my meme guild, Honourable Mention. There's a few core ppl progressing thru T2, ppl still in T1, and folks still doing 1-50. We're about half full from randoms and my discord. This is for anyone really, just leave me a name.

Also for inspiration my old man is in T2 running a paladin who gets MVP. If only the kids actually knew they were being dunked on by someone twice their age.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're welcome to join my meme guild, Honourable Mention. There's a few core ppl progressing thru T2, ppl still in T1, and folks still doing 1-50. We're about half full from randoms and my discord. This is for anyone really, just leave me a name.

Also for inspiration my old man is in T2 running a paladin who gets MVP. If only the kids actually knew they were being dunked on by someone twice their age.
I'll apply with my sorc if I can and it's US East I assume? Fandoris is the nickname I think on the char.

Aazrael

Feels wierd they list Boss Rush in the Weekly quest tab but not being able to do that until Tier 2 but lists Tier 1 mats.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I think the rewards scale with your progress. I started last week with purple ability stones as the reward and mid week as my ilvl increased, they switched over to orange.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Feels wierd they list Boss Rush in the Weekly quest tab but not being able to do that until Tier 2 but lists Tier 1 mats.

There used to be a lower level of Boss Rush. It was removed a few months ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

the "mmo"ness of this really is a struggle..

that currency guide posted a bit back, was just.. ffs.

mmo design these days is like a fucking job. timers, dailies, weeklies. Everything is just this insane maximize efficiency. Every time you log in, you have this checklist of things you should be doing. instead of just.. idk. playing the fucking game.
oh, do your daily emotes/rapport, oh do your daily guild task, oh daily abyss, daily island, daily stronghold, whatever the fuck.

legacy gamings newest vid just reinforces this.

Just takes ALL the fun out of the game.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
the "mmo"ness of this really is a struggle..

that currency guide posted a bit back, was just.. ffs.

mmo design these days is like a fucking job. timers, dailies, weeklies. Everything is just this insane maximize efficiency. Every time you log in, you have this checklist of things you should be doing. instead of just.. idk. playing the fucking game.
oh, do your daily emotes/rapport, oh do your daily guild task, oh daily abyss, daily island, daily stronghold, whatever the fuck.

legacy gamings newest vid just reinforces this.

Just takes ALL the fun out of the game.

So, take the fun back. All those things are available to you, doesn't mean you have to do them every day. Just do what you want.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Yea I try to not feel stressed to do everything daily/weekly to not burn out right away. Taking my time and being really ineffective compared to others.

I did get ilvl 600 just now. Thank god the weapon succeded at 40% and only had a few failures on the armor pieces.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm still relatively new to this game. Is it better to put your level points into as many attacks as possible, or concentrate on just a few? Also, what do you do with old gear? My inventory is starting to fill up with crap. Sorry, I know there are noob questions, but I've only been playing for about a week.
I mean, you can go and look up "levelling guides" where they give you step by step, level by level guide where to put points in. But just running the first dungeon and swapping some skills back and forth you will realize real quick which ones are the keepers. So spend points in those. You can always respec, on the fly, no cost, no bullshit so try some shit out.

As to old gear there is a hammer at bottom of inv screen, hit it and dismantle all of the shit. Then later sell the mats.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yea I try to not feel stressed to do everything daily/weekly to not burn out right away. Taking my time and being really ineffective compared to others.

I did get ilvl 600 just now. Thank god the weapon succeded at 40% and only had a few failures on the armor pieces.

Yeah same I just hit 600 today as well and I am in not hurry to rush. As much as it would be nice to get ahead of some folks just to do content with there seems to be more than enough help and alts to get groups on the lower stuff.

Trying to overwhelm yourself with every little thing is foolish. You guys are ignoring that you are basically working through 3 expansions worth of content in 2 weeks. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users