Lost Ark Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don't think hitting positionals on staggers does anything. You do have to be in front to counter, and for dmg if your abilities are front(bunch of paladin melee shit is front). But stagger checks use a separate value from damage tied to the skill stagger "power" so positionals shouldn't matter. Mostly I dislike how slow the counter on paladin is, some abyss bosses have such short counter window you can't even hit them unless you just predict that shit(like the first boss in T1 abyss that teleports behind someone and tries to grab them, shit is too fast to counter reactively with slow ass paladin counter).

One of my alts was promoted to guild master from a random guild I joined cause the GM has been offline for 10days lol. Cleaned up all the people who quit(including the old GM) and set up some new research, it's an almost lvl 3 guild so figure I might as well stay in there and run stuff a bit. Worst case I'll just switch. But everytime you switch it takes longer to join another guild and I'm not sure how fast it decays. My Shadowhunter was already at 3 fucking days last time for example and next one is 6 days, so I really don't want to move randomly. It's a dumb system considering how much is tied to guild and if your GM just peaces out you can't do shit about it.
keep it for a FOH alt guild.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It takes three days from joining a guild until you are a full member for the first time as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright, got my Shadowhunter alt into T3(or well to 1100, chaos dungeon RNG final gate remains). Didn't fail a single hone at 14(granted 5 of them were with moonbreaths, cube tickets), gotta love the research +20% buff. Not looking forward to losing all my good gear though, was really digging this Demon Impulse 3 Adrenaline 2 65%crit rate(without any crit on gear, full spec with spec/swift neck).

My poor Blade might finally get some upgrades. Bitch has been at 920 for like a week and a half, have 110k shards and almost 300leapstones to burn.

It takes three days from joining a guild until you are a full member for the first time as well.
Yeah that's also annoying cause you can't get as many bloodstones, and your contribution sucks so you want to join soon after a reset so you get to 100% before the end of the week to get the weekly bonus.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lol FUCK, you need Heart's Melody for Punika storyline, and you only get that if you do Tortoyk it's not shared. I have to go do Tortoyk on my Shadowhunter first.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't think hitting positionals on staggers does anything. You do have to be in front to counter, and for dmg if your abilities are front(bunch of paladin melee shit is front). But stagger checks use a separate value from damage tied to the skill stagger "power" so positionals shouldn't matter. Mostly I dislike how slow the counter on paladin is, some abyss bosses have such short counter window you can't even hit them unless you just predict that shit(like the first boss in T1 abyss that teleports behind someone and tries to grab them, shit is too fast to counter reactively with slow ass paladin counter).

One of my alts was promoted to guild master from a random guild I joined cause the GM has been offline for 10days lol. Cleaned up all the people who quit(including the old GM) and set up some new research, it's an almost lvl 3 guild so figure I might as well stay in there and run stuff a bit. Worst case I'll just switch. But everytime you switch it takes longer to join another guild and I'm not sure how fast it decays. My Shadowhunter was already at 3 fucking days last time for example and next one is 6 days, so I really don't want to move randomly. It's a dumb system considering how much is tied to guild and if your GM just peaces out you can't do shit about it.
You are right. Counter is what I was whining about. I am too boomer for that shit on paladin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You are right. Counter is what I was whining about. I am too boomer for that shit on paladin.
Oh yeah counters on paladins are finicky I don't like it, on some bosses that have long counter windows now that I know the fights I get them, but others honestly I'm just using the skill on cd for dmg/stagger build up and ignoring counters cause it's not worth it. I like doing counters on other classes though, on Scrapper it's super good and on Shadowhunter it's pretty decent. On bard I don't even slot the counter so that doesn't help and on Blade I sometimes do the counter. Really depends on classes, I don't think ppl expect paladins to get all the counters though, or really any counter.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

For some reason I thought only certain classes could counter, not all of them. So Ive been cruising along just learning encounters etc. without even trying to counter and now it's going to be a fuck ton harder to break my own bad habits and learn when I should do it. Normally, I'd feel bad for not knowing that I could essentially "interrupt" from WoW - but Ive seen basically no one but Gunlancer's do it. Not an excuse since its still total trash to not know these things, but ffs - can they at least put some big red flashing tutorial on the shit?

Now Im just curious what all can be interrupted? I've seen the blue get broken plenty of times. But the article I read said that the red telegraphs can be interrupted too? But that just sounds OP af. As an Artillerist, I dont want to be in front of the boss - but damn if Im not always up in their face anyways.

Heres a link to class abilities that can interrupt - I know for a fact my Sorcerer doesnt have one slotted, but all this time I thought my Napalm ability was just a pity fuck ability.
Lol FUCK, you need Heart's Melody for Punika storyline, and you only get that if you do Tortoyk it's not shared. I have to go do Tortoyk on my Shadowhunter first.
Wait, that songs not roster wide? Do you not have it on that character cause you power passed or KT'd?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For some reason I thought only certain classes could counter, not all of them. So Ive been cruising along just learning encounters etc. without even trying to counter and now it's going to be a fuck ton harder to break my own bad habits and learn when I should do it. Normally, I'd feel bad for not knowing that I could essentially "interrupt" from WoW - but Ive seen basically no one but Gunlancer's do it. Not an excuse since its still total trash to not know these things, but ffs - can they at least put some big red flashing tutorial on the shit?

Now Im just curious what all can be interrupted? I've seen the blue get broken plenty of times. But the article I read said that the red telegraphs can be interrupted too? But that just sounds OP af. As an Artillerist, I dont want to be in front of the boss - but damn if Im not always up in their face anyways.

Heres a link to class abilities that can interrupt - I know for a fact my Sorcerer doesnt have one slotted, but all this time I thought my Napalm ability was just a pity fuck ability.

Wait, that songs not roster wide? Do you not have it on that character cause you power passed or KT'd?
There are some popups the first times you get counters, and there's a counter special training room too in the well, training room thing. A lot of people don't do it though, there's a welcome challenge to clear it and it gives some stuff but eh.

Every class has a counter, but not every class runs the counter, or keep the counter skill off cooldown just to counter and you have to be in front to counter, so a lot of class just are not in position or have it up to actually counter anyway.

Only the blue flashes stuff can be countered. That's the only thing it works on, and that's how you tell something can be countered at all. Red telegraphs cannot be countered. Gunlancer can interupt shit by taunting however, taunt will break whatever current mechanic the boss is doing. This stops working in high end content(as in legion raids and shit we don't have, it works in everything we have currently I'm fairly sure).

Honestly on Artillerist you're probably just not going to get to counter often, but eh if it's up and the boss turns to you and do the counter(which often are charges), you can throw it and get that counter. In legion raids however they do have "special phases" where a bunch of people need to counter, so it helps to learn the timing of your class' counter. Like Scrapper is just press button counter comes out, but some have pretty shitty windup or range.

And my Shadowhunter doesn't have the song because I have NOT used powerpass or knowledge transfer, it's manually leveled. As such, I didn't complete the story quest. The story songs are tied to story and aren't shared. Every other song is, I'm literally only missing Heart's Melody and the song that's not in the game yet I think. Song of Valor would fall under the same category but you're forced to get that in Luterra so can't not get it, but Tortoyk is optional, or so I thought. This char has done almost nothing, I rushed to Arthetyne as soon as I got the boat, hit 50 then went to Vern. Skipped Anikka, Tortoyk and Shushire entirely. I got it though, took like 40mins, didn't have to finish the entirety of Tortoyk, only up to the last area but don't have to do the 2nd dungeon at least.

Cybsled

After playing on my Artillerist and Paladin, Paladin is starting to feel better. Just being able to go ham and keep everyone shielded and healed is nice. The animation windup for Art just gets you wrecked if your shield isn’t up in a lot of fights

I like my Artillerist still, though

Raes

Vyemm Raider
And my Shadowhunter doesn't have the song because I have NOT used powerpass or knowledge transfer, it's manually leveled. As such, I didn't complete the story quest. The story songs are tied to story and aren't shared. Every other song is, I'm literally only missing Heart's Melody and the song that's not in the game yet I think. Song of Valor would fall under the same category but you're forced to get that in Luterra so can't not get it, but Tortoyk is optional, or so I thought. This char has done almost nothing, I rushed to Arthetyne as soon as I got the boat, hit 50 then went to Vern. Skipped Anikka, Tortoyk and Shushire entirely. I got it though, took like 40mins, didn't have to finish the entirety of Tortoyk, only up to the last area but don't have to do the 2nd dungeon at least.

You keep saying it's not shared, but it is. All songs are shared, "story" or otherwise.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You keep saying it's not shared, but it is. All songs are shared, "story" or otherwise.
It was not. I already unlocked it so I can't post a screenshot, but it wasn't. It was greyed out, unavailable, and listing the quest I had to do to get it. I did the quest, and got the song.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think the only shared song is the stronghold one but not positive. I had to unlock the others on my alt that deal with the story

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It was not. I already unlocked it so I can't post a screenshot, but it wasn't. It was greyed out, unavailable, and listing the quest I had to do to get it. I did the quest, and got the song.

Huh, I could've sworn the last time I leveled an alt the quest would give me the sheet but I'd already have it. It's been a long time since I had to level an alt though. And Heart's Melody is the shittiest song in the world and they make you play it a billion times, so it's possible I blocked out the memory.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I had to switch chars to do an island quest or whatever before because I didn't have it. It's not needed in the main quest up to Punika, but I forgot to check when I leveled my main. This is what it looks like on a fresh char when you unlock songs
songs.png

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I had to switch chars to do an island quest or whatever before because I didn't have it. It's not needed in the main quest up to Punika, but I forgot to check when I leveled my main. This is what it looks like on a fresh char when you unlock songs
View attachment 401617

Yeah, it was probably changed in one of the big updates since Season 2 launched. People tended to skip Tortoyk and Smilegate HATES when anyone skips any of their snoozefest quests, so they like to force you to do shit. That's why Chaos dungeons now require you to complete the last quest of the continent, and Guardians require you to defeat all Guardians of the previous level.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it was probably changed in one of the big updates since Season 2 launched. People tended to skip Tortoyk and Smilegate HATES when anyone skips any of their snoozefest quests, so they like to force you to do shit. That's why Chaos dungeons now require you to complete the last quest of the continent, and Guardians require you to defeat all Guardians of the previous level.
You could breeze through the story bullshit if they didn't have all the stupid fucking dungeon LARPing, holy fuck. It's almost as bad as Arthas in Caverns of Time Strathholme. Stfu and let's move on!

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You could breeze through the story bullshit if they didn't have all the stupid fucking dungeon LARPing, holy fuck. It's almost as bad as Arthas in Caverns of Time Strathholme. Stfu and let move on!

The best part of the game is when you have to stop mid-conversation with an npc to make your character do a specific emote. Talk about on rails. More like puppet strings.