Lost Ark Online

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Just for clarity, what exactly are you missing if you do a powerpass vs a knowledge transfer vs leveling manually? Non-roster wide consumables from quest rewards?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just for clarity, what exactly are you missing if you do a powerpass vs a knowledge transfer vs leveling manually? Non-roster wide consumables from quest rewards?

A powerpass will complete all available content up until that point (Vern). This means that any side quests will be completed automatically and no longer available however the game acts as if you completed them (minus providing materials). It will also level the character to 50 right away.

A knowledge transfer will complete only the story quests up until the point that you're using the KT for. This means that side quests will remain available. It takes several hours to be completed and there is a Gold cost as well.

A manually levelled character has the option of which quests to complete (all, nothing, some) but the player has to sit through the miserable experience that is leveling a character again. This will of course help the person understand how his class works but that comes from the time it takes to get there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In practical terms, what you "lose" with power pass/knowledge transfer versus manual is a somewhat small amount of materials from Vern and Shushire questlines(not too small but not super relevant, like a day's worth of chaos dungeon).

What you lose with powerpass vs knowledge transfer(or manual) is potential battle items from red quests(the urgent quest popups) but it's a small amount and you have to track them down, 30battle/class green engravings, 11battle blue and 10class blue engravings(all bound, can't sell) and potentially cards and some other somewhat pointless shit that I was too lazy to check.

What you gain from powerpass is the completion of every single sidequest for virtue stats, including the awakening quest(don't have to do it yourself unlocked on every char, still have to do 2nd awakening). Note that this goes both ways, if your main has incomplete roster sidequests with interesting rewards, you can't get them if you powerpass. This only affects a few things though and isn't super relevant.

Generally I'd say doing one power pass to clear out all the sidequests for virtue stats is good and it also completes awakening quest if you haven't done it. Past that, Knowledge transfer is a better option as you get all the engravings, which is useful for setting up new chars. It's not A LOT, but it's still pretty nice. Manually leveling should only be done if you have a side goal to it. Personally I leveled my Shadowhunter manually because I was doing adventure tome progression as I was leveling with it, to unlock the various skill points in each of the early continents and other interesting rewards(virtue stat pots and such). You can do that separately, I just figured I'd do it this way. I'm not doing it again though, I'd much rather pay 600g.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In practical terms, what you "lose" with power pass/knowledge transfer versus manual is a somewhat small amount of materials from Vern and Shushire questlines(not too small but not super relevant, like a day's worth of chaos dungeon).

What you lose with powerpass vs knowledge transfer(or manual) is potential battle items from red quests(the urgent quest popups) but it's a small amount and you have to track them down, 30battle/class green engravings, 11battle blue and 10class blue engravings(all bound, can't sell) and potentially cards and some other somewhat pointless shit that I was too lazy to check.

What you gain from powerpass is the completion of every single sidequest for virtue stats, including the awakening quest(don't have to do it yourself unlocked on every char, still have to do 2nd awakening). Note that this goes both ways, if your main has incomplete roster sidequests with interesting rewards, you can't get them if you powerpass. This only affects a few things though and isn't super relevant.

Generally I'd say doing one power pass to clear out all the sidequests for virtue stats is good and it also completes awakening quest if you haven't done it. Past that, Knowledge transfer is a better option as you get all the engravings, which is useful for setting up new chars. It's not A LOT, but it's still pretty nice. Manually leveling should only be done if you have a side goal to it. Personally I leveled my Shadowhunter manually because I was doing adventure tome progression as I was leveling with it, to unlock the various skill points in each of the early continents and other interesting rewards(virtue stat pots and such). You can do that separately, I just figured I'd do it this way. I'm not doing it again though, I'd much rather pay 600g.

So many I am missing something here but what is the point of knowledge transfer if you are going to do the quest anyways?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So many I am missing something here but what is the point of knowledge transfer if you are going to do the quest anyways?
I'm talking only the 1-50 knowledge transfer. And you'd only do the sidequests with interesting rewards, specifically the ones with engravings, takes like 15-20mins to grab most/all of them. There's no reason to do most sidequests other than the one time virtue rewards and potential una task unlocks, which the power pass char will clear for you anyway.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
A powerpass will complete all available content up until that point (Vern). This means that any side quests will be completed automatically and no longer available however the game acts as if you completed them (minus providing materials). It will also level the character to 50 right away.

A knowledge transfer will complete only the story quests up until the point that you're using the KT for. This means that side quests will remain available. It takes several hours to be completed and there is a Gold cost as well.

A manually levelled character has the option of which quests to complete (all, nothing, some) but the player has to sit through the miserable experience that is leveling a character again. This will of course help the person understand how his class works but that comes from the time it takes to get there.
Does that char gain the xp and stuff from those quests too?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No. With the xp training stuff though, the xp lost isn't a huge deal especially on Rohendel and maybe Yorn, but if you want max xp on that alt you'd want to do them manually(and you'd want to train them with stronghold first).

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

They won't gain any exp and will fall behind on that. With that being said, your stronghold allows you to select 1 character to level up (a level below your main), so they'll catch up that way without a need to worry about it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Some of the nerfs will make the fights a lot easier, but some fights apparently dodged the nerf bat(Alaric for example even though it's much harder than the big guy) and some of the nerfs are also not really that impactful. Brelshaza nerf will fuck people up since it's literally a different mechanic you have to do now, sucks if you watched an outdated video lol.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Umm...wow. Nerfing guardian damage and mechanics, but only nerfing fox's hp? Wtf is this shit? I mean, changing a lot of the insta-wipe abilities to high damage instead is great, and I wish they'd do that for every single one of those retarded abilities. But, this does absolutely NOTHING to address the actual issue with Guardians. I'd rather they tripled their outgoing damage and put their fucking health where it is in other regions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Umm...wow. Nerfing guardian damage and mechanics, but only nerfing fox's hp? Wtf is this shit? I mean, changing a lot of the insta-wipe abilities to high damage instead is great, and I wish they'd do that for every single one of those retarded abilities. But, this does absolutely NOTHING to address the actual issue with Guardians. I'd rather they tripled their outgoing damage and put their fucking health where it is in other regions.
They're only nerfing Fox hp because they're also nerfing the dmg buff, to make the fight less reliant on the gimmick of eating fire to kill her faster I guess.

It is somewhat disappointing they're not reducing health a bit. From what I read though the health is the same on other version, it was buffed somewhat recently. I think the difference maybe comes from the fact KR/RU have the mokoko new player buff, which increases your dmg a bunch, so all these fights feel easier even with the same hp.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah yes, I'll be able to seduce Angel Waifu #2 after this patch. Quality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They're only nerfing Fox hp because they're also nerfing the dmg buff, to make the fight less reliant on the gimmick of eating fire to kill her faster I guess.

It is somewhat disappointing they're not reducing health a bit. From what I read though the health is the same on other version, it was buffed somewhat recently. I think the difference maybe comes from the fact KR/RU have the mokoko new player buff, which increases your dmg a bunch, so all these fights feel easier even with the same hp.

Yes, you must be right. Voldeth Voldeth and I must be imagining the huge health increase. I guess playing the other versions for years has detrimental effects on your brain. Yeah, here's proof, Sywo, maker of all those Lost Ark videos over the years, says (1:22) there's a 30% increase in our version. Clearly delusional.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Speaking of which, is there a best use for the legendary rapport items? I got some stern music player that gives 2k rapport, but not sure if I should save for something specific

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just for some context of this post, I have a lot more time in the NA version than most people:

1646347904731.png

I've also level'd up on KR several times, losing two accounts due to not being eligible to play there and starting back over. Playing on KR meant that I learned almost all the game/guardians in solo mode. It's also fair to say that I'm the number one supporter of difficult content. With that out of the way:

These changes are very, very good. Amazon buffed the HP on Guardians, which was fucking stupid. T1/T2 is about teaching new players some of the basic mechanics (it does a shit job at it but that's the main point). The encounters were not challenging at all (I solo'd almost all the Guardians at the gear score for them) but they were tedious. The added health on them made them long for no reason and didn't bring any added challenge. The HP boost was an absolutely lazy decision by Amazon, who should stop.trying.to.change.things. All of their changes have been terrible without an understanding of the game. They need to focus their attention on the economy / gold bots / banning the fuckers buying gold, etc. They need to stay the fuck away from encounter design.

There's a myriad of things I can mention relating to the Guardian situation -- such as the fact that there is a challenge mode that will be coming, which as the title suggests is where challenge should be. If you like difficult things, Albion below GS is still available to you. Let T1/T2 be an enjoyable ride for people catching up while people get into T3 and the actual difficult content releases.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
These changes are very, very good. Amazon buffed the HP on Guardians, which was fucking stupid.

But, that's exactly why these changes are not good. They left all but firefox's health alone. So, instead of the tedious version that's hard for noobs, we get the tedious baby version.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
But, that's exactly why these changes are not good. They left all but firefox's health alone. So, instead of the tedious version that's hard for noobs, we get the tedious baby version.

Mea culpa, didn't even read the changes and just assumed they were reverting the HP changes and calling it a day. Le sigh, Amazon.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of which, is there a best use for the legendary rapport items? I got some stern music player that gives 2k rapport, but not sure if I should save for something specific
Idk entirely myself but it seems you want raport with the charisma potion givers early on as that seems to be the hardest stat to get. Then it kind of depends what you want. Generally you want rapport to get giant hearts.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They won't gain any exp and will fall behind on that. With that being said, your stronghold allows you to select 1 character to level up (a level below your main), so they'll catch up that way without a need to worry about it.
Ok awesome cuz I'm liking the shadowhunter quite a bit and didn't wanna have to do every quest over again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mea culpa, didn't even read the changes and just assumed they were reverting the HP changes and calling it a day. Le sigh, Amazon.
LOL you guys are getting a good dose of why AGS is filled with incompetent morons. I have ZERO idea why SG is allowing them to make changes at all to actual gameplay. They should ONLY be handling localization/publishing and that's it.

• 1Like