Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick guild updates for folks:

We should be getting another level shortly, which will give us two additional roster spots. We have 15 people in T3 and another 10 or so close. With the upcoming Argos release, we'll be forming parties for T3/T2 (and eventually Argos) on Thursday's & Saturday by popular vote (8PM EST). If anyone is still missing an invite and playing, come ping us on Discord and we'll get you in. If you're looking to play casually, we can also tag you to the alt guild and chat. It's still not too late if you're on another server and looking to join up as catching back up isn't that lengthy of a task.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just for some context of this post, I have a lot more time in the NA version than most people:

View attachment 401433

I've also level'd up on KR several times, losing two accounts due to not being eligible to play there and starting back over. Playing on KR meant that I learned almost all the game/guardians in solo mode. It's also fair to say that I'm the number one supporter of difficult content. With that out of the way:

These changes are very, very good. Amazon buffed the HP on Guardians, which was fucking stupid. T1/T2 is about teaching new players some of the basic mechanics (it does a shit job at it but that's the main point). The encounters were not challenging at all (I solo'd almost all the Guardians at the gear score for them) but they were tedious. The added health on them made them long for no reason and didn't bring any added challenge. The HP boost was an absolutely lazy decision by Amazon, who should stop.trying.to.change.things. All of their changes have been terrible without an understanding of the game. They need to focus their attention on the economy / gold bots / banning the fuckers buying gold, etc. They need to stay the fuck away from encounter design.

There's a myriad of things I can mention relating to the Guardian situation -- such as the fact that there is a challenge mode that will be coming, which as the title suggests is where challenge should be. If you like difficult things, Albion below GS is still available to you. Let T1/T2 be an enjoyable ride for people catching up while people get into T3 and the actual difficult content releases.

God damn...

The game came out on the 9th right? Thats about 24 days ago and you have 430 hrs....thats 18 hrs a day non stop.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LOL you guys are getting a good dose of why AGS is filled with incompetent morons. I have ZERO idea why SG is allowing them to make changes at all to actual gameplay. They should ONLY be handling localization/publishing and that's it.

Yeah I honestly don't know understand the need to change jack and shit.. From the outfits to the design, if the game is good enough for a U.S. release then release it as it was. Even the big cleavage titties.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Didn't know this but smilgate is not publically traded. Its owned 100% by some dude. Obv who's a billionare.

Goonsquad Officer
Didn't know this but smilgate is not publically traded. Its owned 100% by some dude. Obv who's a billionare.
That was the best news I heard about it. Dude doesn't have to bow down to weird stock politics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck me, worked 15 hour today, came home to my one night without kids and wife home expecting to play for as long as I could stay awake. Logged in to "Server closing in 10 seconds" lol.

Buttholes.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
1646377075282.png

No Way What GIF by NBA

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did T1 abyss dungeons today on my paladin after the changes. Necromancer is kinda the same, I guess it's a bit easier to see the color if you're not paying attention. Phantom Palace was nerfed pretty heavily, first dungeon is really easy since you can eat 2 swords right off the bat which makes the stagger check much easier and Brelshaza cross+lines mechanic was super heavily nerfed, every "line" is now a cone so even left clickers that stand next to the marks can get it right(like you really have to be retarded to miss the mark now) and the circle straight up doesn't exist anymore it's just the same mechanic again. Patch notes weren't very clear on exactly how it worked so expected some slightly different stuff.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Standing in front of shit to stagger on a paladin is triggering my low IQ. So used to stare at ass.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is that why my stagger shit hasn't been working? You gotta smash it in the face?
Depends on the attack. My two staggers are frontal attacks. Can stand a little bit to the side at the front but either way its fucking alien to me for some reason, after all its a top down view.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think hitting positionals on staggers does anything. You do have to be in front to counter, and for dmg if your abilities are front(bunch of paladin melee shit is front). But stagger checks use a separate value from damage tied to the skill stagger "power" so positionals shouldn't matter. Mostly I dislike how slow the counter on paladin is, some abyss bosses have such short counter window you can't even hit them unless you just predict that shit(like the first boss in T1 abyss that teleports behind someone and tries to grab them, shit is too fast to counter reactively with slow ass paladin counter).

One of my alts was promoted to guild master from a random guild I joined cause the GM has been offline for 10days lol. Cleaned up all the people who quit(including the old GM) and set up some new research, it's an almost lvl 3 guild so figure I might as well stay in there and run stuff a bit. Worst case I'll just switch. But everytime you switch it takes longer to join another guild and I'm not sure how fast it decays. My Shadowhunter was already at 3 fucking days last time for example and next one is 6 days, so I really don't want to move randomly. It's a dumb system considering how much is tied to guild and if your GM just peaces out you can't do shit about it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users