Lost Ark Online

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I am still working towards T3. Fails are a bitch. Appreciated the help with the T2 8 mans.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What are the shards used for?
(Amethyst Shards)
Vendor in each major city. Bunch of cosmetic stuff, mount, orca ship skin, free aura etc. You get some from hidden achievements and a laundry list of other things. Probably the rarest currency Ive come across in the game and looking at the rewards, its understandable why. Primo stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's like event currency, you can't get much atm but every time they've done prime shit they gave some, I expect they'll have some as reward for future events too, maybe new class release event(get class to x ilvl get some amethyst) or login event. Buys a bunch of crystalline aura days too so yeah they're not gonna give too much away too quickly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you do. Doesn't take too too long, you can start by inviting everyone in your guild and shit, they can drop you and I think it still counts. I did it back when there was the big rush for it and ppl were constantly spamming "add me", only instead of spamming like a retard I was adding all the spammers, took like 5mins.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So patch notes are out, they're patching in Argos but no honing changes. Also PvP season doesn't start tomorrow but "later this month". Guess selling mats for the next 2weeks or whatever.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So patch notes are out, they're patching in Argos but no honing changes. Also PvP season doesn't start tomorrow but "later this month". Guess selling mats for the next 2weeks or whatever.
Prices on T3 mats are going to skyrocket from all the instant gratification Andys out there. I can't wait.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Prices on T3 mats are going to skyrocket from all the instant gratification Andys out there. I can't wait.
They jumped pretty hard on EUC already, 50-100% jump on most stuff. But yeah for now it's basically dead content for me. Only positive is people might be pushing 1370 and then kill Moake so I can maybe leech off that, not sure if I can hit with darkness bomb at 1340.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Up to 500k gold, will have 4 characters in T3 as of tomorrow with my main already at 1370. The amount of gold that I'm going to generate from the mats fire sale is going to last me a long, long time. Good times!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really glad my weapon went to +15 today. Another 3 pieces to get +15 before I can go to T3. Seeing Asmongold getting his viewers to give him mats to upgrade T3 stuff made me realize I wont get a high item level there in quite some time. So many resources, will take ages.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeesh, 1370 content tomorrow? I'm not sure I'll get there in a month at the current honing rates. 1400 sounds crazy.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Who cares about content when I can keep pawning off all materials until my account looks like a gold seller bank.

Happy about some new weapon skins, but the char skins themselves are a bit too edgelordy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah not a fan of the skins. Especially assassin ones, they for some reason they forgot pants on these. Like I don't need a skin for my shadowhunter to look like a cheap whore, it's literally every armor. And definitely would turn off helms on everything, fucking stupid skulls and shit.

Disappointed they're not starting pvp season right away though, I kinda enjoy the pvp in this but it feels kinda hollow without rewards. I do it for the weekly sometimes but wouldn't mind getting other mats too.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeesh, 1370 content tomorrow? I'm not sure I'll get there in a month at the current honing rates. 1400 sounds crazy.

It's certainly quicker than I would have thought. With that being said, every single MMO recently released has been dead after two weeks. LA is keeping steady and a significant part of that is due to the amount of content that's available. Releasing Argos now is a smart move as it will keep that momentum going, especially since this will provide good content for streamers and such (which is drawing a huge audience on Twitch).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's certainly quicker than I would have thought. With that being said, every single MMO recently released has been dead after two weeks. LA is keeping steady and a significant part of that is due to the amount of content that's available. Releasing Argos now is a smart move as it will keep that momentum going, especially since this will provide good content for streamers and such (which is drawing a huge audience on Twitch).
Kinda, although I think if they don't do the honing patch somewhat soon-ish, a lot of the casual playerbase will just leave after they get to T2 12-15 or into T3 and see they can't reasonably get to Argos without weeks/months of farming.

The gold botting is also probably a bigger issue than they expected, atm any new players will constantly see bots everywhere. Like FFXIV people complain when they see bots in Uldah and in some zones, but overall you only see them a little bit here and there, but currently you go to any server any pre Luterra area and it's just bots everywhere and barely any real players(after all a lot of ppl who roll alts just knowledge transfer to skip anyway). That and the obvious impact on the economy.

Back when they did the banwave last week, gold exchange actually stabilized and even climbed back from 850 to 700 per 100 blue crystals on EUC for example, but since then it dropped back and is now 1300g per. There's less whales than NA so the prices climb faster and it's kinda bad. You have shit selling for way more than it should sell and while I'm sure some of the buyers are legit players, sometimes you have to wonder. RMT gold is only 1k for .4euros atm based on the ads I see in the spam, which is a pretty substantial amount of gold for the money you spend. And that affects all spheres, yesterday I sold some green class books for 30g each and some blue ones for over 120g. It helps people are clueless and would rather pay 600g for 20green books instead of 600g to make a char then do a 5mins questline to get 30 of them and 10 blue books too, but still. T2 lvl 5 gems had dropped from 100g back when I hit T3 like 2weeks ago to around 50g last week, but are now back to 100g.

I do hope they unfuck the class release schedule though, having to wait potentially a year for classes like Scouter and Lancemaster to be added sounds quite fucking terrible. I'm quite enjoying Shadowhunter so I don't mind that much unlike ppl who want to main one of the missing classes, but I'd like to play them.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like anticipated classes like scouter will get held back as an intentional “break glass if player numbers start to fall” insurance policy

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Leaving the gold reward for the tutorial quests was a bonehead move, AGS and Smilegate are equally to blame. Having over 1k gold when you hit level 50 (or 520g at level 27) is completely unnecessary. The only reason I can think AGS would do this was to give free players gold to sell to the whales, which is fine, I suppose, understandable at least. Problem comes in with the bots, which Smilegate knew was an issue after RU had the same fucking problem, which Smilegate had to fix. Letting RMT just push your shit in when your business model is based on selling gold to players is pants on head retarded. Not to mention the affect this broken economy is going to have on the health and longevity of the game.

Even if they somehow do fix it, it's going to instigate a bad reaction from the f2p players. Because they now have zero concept of how hard it's actually supposed to be to earn gold.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Leaving the gold reward for the tutorial quests was a bonehead move, AGS and Smilegate are equally to blame. Having over 1k gold when you hit level 50 (or 520g at level 27) is completely unnecessary. The only reason I can think AGS would do this was to give free players gold to sell to the whales, which is fine, I suppose, understandable at least. Problem comes in with the bots, which Smilegate knew was an issue after RU had the same fucking problem, which Smilegate had to fix. Letting RMT just push your shit in when your business model is based on selling gold to players is pants on head retarded. Not to mention the affect this broken economy is going to have on the health and longevity of the game.

Even if they somehow do fix it, it's going to instigate a bad reaction from the f2p players. Because they now have zero concept of how hard it's actually supposed to be to earn gold.

In a just world everyone who programs bots in games would get cancer aids and die from it painfully.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

But if you make gold hard to get, then it gives gold sellers even more power, because now you're introducing an obstacle that people are more willing to pay money to bypass.

I recall people who played pre-western release that in the KR/RU versions, gold was hard to get and you had to run alts to get gold and your ability to earn it was really capped. It sounded fucking horrible, especially since the game ties so much to gold (honing, making HP potions, etc) in addition to all the other shit you have to farm

• 1Moron