Lost Ark Online

Cybsled

Final boss of the Hildibrand abyssal dungeon - how can you tell that meteor mechanic is succeeding (the X and the 3 people with the V shaped things)? I joined some matchmaking and we kept dying over and over. The game doesn't seem to tell you if you're doing it right, or at least not in an obvious way.

Or is it getting fucked up if you turned off other player attack effects and that is why you can't see anything? That really should be changed if that is the reason why - this game makes it extremely hard to play with other player effects on because of how telegraphs and AOE markers in this game work.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Final boss of the Hildibrand abyssal dungeon - how can you tell that meteor mechanic is succeeding (the X and the 3 people with the V shaped things)? I joined some matchmaking and we kept dying over and over. The game doesn't seem to tell you if you're doing it right, or at least not in an obvious way.

Or is it getting fucked up if you turned off other player attack effects and that is why you can't see anything? That really should be changed if that is the reason why - this game makes it extremely hard to play with other player effects on because of how telegraphs and AOE markers in this game work.
On the first laser mechanic, the person with an X across them needs to stay the fk put. Then, everyone else right clicks their (what is now a V instead of a laser) at the X. The second laser mechanic is where one person has a Circle trailing behind them, they stay put, then the person with the X stands in the circle and the following two people with V lasers right clicks the X. Everyone KEEPS that position until the red telegraph starts to creep out. If you're able to move when the telegraph starts going out - then you succeeded in beating that mechanic check. What fucks it up is people pointing their V's by moving with left click instead of just facing the person with their right click. Another common fk up is that the X keeps moving, the or the person with the circle, or both. Lastly, a lot of people will actually do the mechanic correctly and move away too early. The telegraph creeps out so slowly, you could literally walk out without having to dodge.

A lot of song and dance mechanics in Abyss dungeons, but thats probably the worst one in my mind for keeping you in suspense as to whether you did it correctly or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one thing I have learned, is that your engravings dont count for anywhere NEAR as much as your substats like specialization/crit.

Pick necklace/rings/earrings with your preferred substat and worry about engravings only if they line up with the substat, or you only have to sacrifice like 1 or two pieces to get a good engraving level.

I wish i'd known this before i made a lot of my gear choices.
As a Gunlancer, what substats should I be going for? I was trying endurance for the tank thing but I think that might be a bad idea.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As a Gunlancer, what substats should I be going for? I was trying endurance for the tank thing but I think that might be a bad idea.

Check builds on maxroll most of them tell you which ones to stack and why for each build. In general though I am pretty sure endurance, domination, and expertise suck massive donkey cock for everyone. It's all critical, swiftness, or specialization from every build I have seen.

Also don't forget you can change your pet to boost your main stat as well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Check builds on maxroll most of them tell you which ones to stack and why for each build. In general though I am pretty sure endurance, domination, and expertise suck massive donkey cock for everyone. It's all critical, swiftness, or specialization from every build I have seen.

Also don't forget you can change your pet to boost your main stat as well.
I forgot about the pet. Hell I still look for repair places because I forget the pet does that.

I figured Expertise and domination sucked. The one shot mechanics that exist is what negates the need for endurance I suppose. Damage is everything. Makes me kind of miss the triangle.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I forgot about the pet. Hell I still look for repair places because I forget the pet does that.

Yeah one of the first things I did once I got into the game after a week was buying the crystal aura with blues... the goddamn time, money, silver, pet, and bifrsot additions make the game damn near unplayable withiut.

Lord Fiender

Potato del Grande
Hit T3 yesterday. Lailai my joggers, what in the world are we playing over here? Hello kitty Island adventure? This broke my old man balls way too hard. Yeah you can get this shit the fuck off my lawn.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Hit T3 yesterday. Lailai my joggers, what in the world are we playing over here? Hello kitty Island adventure? This broke my old man balls way too hard. Yeah you can get this shit the fuck off my lawn.
Not a fan of Punika, either. Throwing a 12 year old girl in there as the main protagonist was a bit much. The rapport for that place is unbearable as well. Definitely somewhere I'll be glad I get a 100 in so I never have to go back except for Moake.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I lucked up and got a couple 100 pieces. What is the name of the guy that swaps stats? What city?

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

I lucked up and got a couple 100 pieces. What is the name of the guy that swaps stats? What city?
Swaps pieces? As in transfer your upgraded gear to new gear? Just go to any city, then the hammer on the mini map. The guy that hones the gear. Transfer on the bottom.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Swaps pieces? As in transfer your upgraded gear to new gear? Just go to any city, then the hammer on the mini map. The guy that hones the gear. Transfer on the bottom.

LOL! That's where it was! The hammer guy! I swore there was a separate guy! Thanks man!

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_220308_092923.jpg

Doing the Blue Knight thing myself (Combat Readiness), so stacking Specialization and some crit. Get a lot of dps from all the blue basic attacks.

Somewhat following these two:

• 1Like

Aazrael

Awesome just failed 4 upgrades today as well. So zero progress to get into T3. Only 1 piece upgraded to 15 so far. Too lazy to handle alts so thats the reality right now. Guess I'll dust off the other quests I have and collections for a bit.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
one thing I have learned, is that your engravings dont count for anywhere NEAR as much as your substats like specialization/crit.

Pick necklace/rings/earrings with your preferred substat and worry about engravings only if they line up with the substat, or you only have to sacrifice like 1 or two pieces to get a good engraving level.

I wish i'd known this before i made a lot of my gear choices.
Some of the engravings are actually worth a lot, but yeah substats are important, they make a big difference when stacked with pet. People play certain builds with no stats and it's basically pointless shit. Stuff like anything reliant on identity mechanics without specialization will tend to be poopoo. Any shadowhunter that does the demon build without spec on every slot is basically deadweight, the stat both increase demon form uptime AND demon form damage, it's literally the whole thing the build works with. That said, getting more demon impulse is also quite a bit of damage, since every tier past the first is a whooping 15% crit each(on a class that naturally doesn't stack crit, so it's important). In T2 I had 65% crit with 1000spec, sadly with T3 reset I've had a hard time getting back to it, I have around 1000spec again but I'm still short on demon impulse because I switched to 1 spirit absorption engraving.

On a similar note, if you play Blade, definitely get Supercharge to at least 2, it makes a huge difference. Not sure if Surge uses all the charge attacks, but for Remaining Energy you have 3 charging attacks and having super charge makes it SO MUCH BETTER it's crazy. You can easily fit all 3 during your whirlwind buff thing and it flows a lot better, plus it buffs dmg anyway. Like lvl 1 remaining energy is plenty, it's much better to get lvl 3 supercharge with it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've had a bitch of a time getting good equipment in T3. I don't particularly want to pay a bunch of gold for it, and the drops are so few and far between. Kind of sucks.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoy having so much to do in an MMO. I had grown accustomed to running circles in whatever capital city on my mount with very little to do that would actually seem rewarding, the change of pace is a great feeling.

Got my legendary bleed rune this morning and I'm now up to 37 island hearts (those that enjoyed the Tooki hidden quest should do Metus island). All my virtue stats are finally above 310 and need to focus on getting them to 320, albeit that's going to take some rapport. I've got enough mats to push to 1385 next week and get the honing chance increase for my Berserker & Gunslinger that will be in T3 around that time. The last thing to focus on for my SF will be playing the AH game to keep Robust Spirit, Grudge 3, & add Awakening 2 or 3e at 1385 before Argos comes out. Still a little disappointed by the leaked class selection that's upcoming but that was to be expected since anything other than Scouter was going to be lame for me.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Regarding stats, I’ve noticed that most guides you can google almost never mention stats. They’ll talk about skills, engravings, but talk fuck all about stats.

Like on my support paladin, from what I can see from the stats, swiftness endurance and specialization seem the best? But I can’t locate any guides that validate this

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Regarding stats, I’ve noticed that most guides you can google almost never mention stats. They’ll talk about skills, engravings, but talk fuck all about stats.

Like on my support paladin, from what I can see from the stats, swiftness endurance and specialization seem the best? But I can’t locate any guides that validate this
Really two philosophies for Paladin builds -

You can either go full specialization with swiftness as your secondary on your neck to roughly double the damage buff on Holy Aura to 20%. Issue with this is that it requires good coordination with your group and timing "burst" windows. It's nasty and highly useful/effective, but you need good synergy with your group/raid to use it fully IMO.

Or, for just "general" play, you can go full swiftness with specialization as your secondary on your neck for cooldown reduction and the huge buff to mobility. This is typically "best" for general play, especially if you're grouping with random shitters.