Lost Ark Online

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Being nearly 100 Ilvl higher than most people he groups with does make him do higher dps relatively speaking.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Being nearly 100 Ilvl higher than most people he groups with does make him do higher dps relatively speaking.

In a raid I'd rather have an average GS paladin doing his fucking job, then a whale dps paladin who does a bit more damage.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If he played like an absolute GOD...maybe. But, anybody who whales for THAT, doesn't play like a god.

Unless you do enough dps to make the mechanics irrelevant keeping people alive is more important than more damage.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Unless you do enough dps to make the mechanics irrelevant keeping people alive is more important than more damage.
100%. Just saying, if he played like a god, he'd probably outdps some of the shitters. But, he's also taking the slot of a support/better dps, so...

Yeah, either way it's a bad choice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How high into tier 3 do I need to take an alt for them to get the most Silver from Lopang?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How high into tier 3 do I need to take an alt for them to get the most Silver from Lopang?

The most? Probably deep in the 1400's. Silver rewards for Una's just keep increasing as your GS does. I don't know the exact break points for it. I don't pay much attention to it and I don't know if anyone has put them in a list somewhere. I'm lazy so I just do Rethramis border on alts for silver mostly.

Edit: Keep in mind that the silver cost for upgrading goes up exponentially as well, so if you go too high you'll need weeks (or months?) of Una's just to break even.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In lower tiers it was the "sub tiers", when your leapstones count change, so like rohendel yorn feiton. However it doesn't seem to work that way in T3, because you get the same amount(28600 for shushire) at 1310 and 1370. It definitely changes at some point but it's a lot less often than in lower tiers seeing as how my leapstones switched at 1370. Maybe 1385. For reference, a T2 feiton char makes 18980 from that same daily. So yeah, not worth upgrading in T3 for that at least seeing as how you need probably 1385 or maybe even 1400 to see a change, any char in T3 will get you the "right" amount for now until we're progressed a fair bit further. The jump from T2 to T3 is nice though, plus obviously T3 chars also can generate T3 upgrade mats so worth pushing alts to T3 besides the lopang value.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1370 with 210 fails, which from area chat actually doesn't seem too far from average (on the high side, but at least it wasn't 230). That's with my alts at 1315, 1050, and 880.

Now to figure out what I want to concentrate on.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1370 with 210 fails, which from area chat actually doesn't seem too far from average (on the high side, but at least it wasn't 230). That's with my alts at 1315, 1050, and 880.

Now to figure out what I want to concentrate on.
Gold. Upgrades wipin' out thousands of gold in mere seconds. Not the honing mats themselves.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
A little comparison for people who were affected by the NA East servers crash the other night during primetime. Or any of the ridiculous crashes/downtimes/hotfixes etc. RU had a (extremely rare) server problem the other night, and gave players this. And this is for a region that only has 2 servers.

1648227246407.png

Code of order is a ticket for a chaos dungeon run. Rest is pretty self explanatory.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gold. Upgrades wipin' out thousands of gold in mere seconds. Not the honing mats themselves.
Eh, how do you actually actively make gold though? The only thing that seems feasible would be infinite chaos, otherwise you're kind of limited to what the game gives you.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
A little comparison for people who were affected by the NA East servers crash the other night during primetime. Or any of the ridiculous crashes/downtimes/hotfixes etc. RU had a (extremely rare) server problem the other night, and gave players this. And this is for a region that only has 2 servers.

View attachment 405055

Code of order is a ticket for a chaos dungeon run. Rest is pretty self explanatory.

OMFG. The NA/EU CS team straight said they can't give abyss entry items as they don't exist.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
OMFG. The NA/EU CS team straight said they can't give abyss entry items as they don't exist.

They also said that they couldn't give powerpasses to EU players who wanted to restart on the new EU region because they only can be used on an account with a level 50 already. When free 960 boosts were given out to all (created before or after the launch) accounts for the Season 2 launch. That's how I started my 4 alt accounts in RU.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They exist in our version though, if you disconnect you get a ticket in the mail to retry. I think what they don't want to do is give everyone an additional abyss run, and they can't parse people who lost their runs to server crashes and people who cleared it. They could just give everyone tickets though but eh.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They exist in our version though, if you disconnect you get a ticket in the mail to retry. I think what they don't want to do is give everyone an additional abyss run, and they can't parse people who lost their runs to server crashes and people who cleared it. They could just give everyone tickets though but eh.

Yeah, not wanting to give people an additional run is smart. Wouldn't want your players to get a whole week ahead as compensation for your shitty service. And definitely can't have the goodwill of the playerbase, fuck that noise. Much better to continue to be stupid, greedy, incompetent fucks. That's the path to success!

1648231152920.png

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
With all due respect to anyone still playing on RU, this is pretty inaccurate and I feel bad for the few people still playing there. As an example, RU still doesn't have Knowledge Transfer. Ask Raes Raes to explain to you why they've explained that before judging the CS/CM too harshly.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to think of the last MMO where almost all my friends list continues to log in daily after over a month (even if it's just to complain about a failed honing). Now I'm trying to think of that for a F2P game and, I'm trying to think of one that lasted two weeks or more. Anyone able to? Didn't think so.

I know this may surprise some folks but the NA version is quite literally the most cuddled version of the game there is by a metric fuckton. We were given almost everything for free from a convenience standpoint. They're busy handing out mats like crazy so that everyone stops complaining but I still hear complaints about the failure rates being incredibly high. This is not the game for you if it that frustrates you. There is always going to be a progression wall that a whale is about to overcome by spending literally thousands upon thousands of dollars. The only difference is, with the exception of Argos, the content release cadence is going to be one where you'll still be able to play the top end content in equalized gear.

Providing all these materials is simply allowing some of you to hit the next wall a bit quicker; which by the way - is worse than the previous wall. That's how MMOs work. When I was at the 1340 wall and everyone was complaining about the T2 failure wall, it was the same thing. When I fail a combine at 1400, I'm also using 10x the cost of materials that your failure is costing you at 1369. The folks at 1425 are looking at my failure costs and laughing in comparison. This is how the system is designed. If you want to push your gear to incredible epeen levels prior to the release of content that is actually aimed at that ilvl, you're going to be spending a fuckton. I feel like all the people hitting 1370 now thanks to the additional materials are going to be in the same spot they were previously - talking about how it's impossible to reach the next Argos raid tier because the cost is so insane. It's why I keep telling people to relax and go at your own pace / enjoy the content that is aimed for your ilvl (preferably via pre-made guild groups - which is a far better way to play) but instead everyone wants to keep rushing and queuing ASAP so they can get an extra combine failure in and be frustrated by it.

If you're in tier 3 currently - you're ahead of 99% of the game. If you're slowly creeping your way up to 1340, you're ahead of where you need to be for the next content cycle. If you're ahead of that, you really, really should stop stressing (beyond if you're hoping to run 1370s HMs / Argos with a premade, which is a failure of the credence of release schedule but totally understandable). I can't stress this enough because the question keeps coming up but to be clear: you should not be spending a dime. Enjoy your time, progress at your pace, and show up for guild runs.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have found it helps to just save up for a week and then try to upgrade. Failures do not seem as bad if you have a lot of attempts for the time. If I do it daily, and then fail every attempt, it feels bad. I use Alts to feel like I am making a progress in the game. I hit 1356 and yes the failures are for real. I feel like the fail achievement will be easily within my grasp.