Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a headsup for anyone that has been using dps-meters. They are now flagged and EAC kicks you from the game. Be careful.

Hope i get banned so i can quit this fucking game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just a headsup for anyone that has been using dps-meters. They are now flagged and EAC kicks you from the game. Be careful.

Hope i get banned so i can quit this fucking game.

I never gave a shit about dps meters in this game but still that is dumb as hell. I hardly logged in last week, feel the same about this week already. I think I am at the end of the game, since you brick wall any progress.

Also if I do pick up Wrath and dick around with it I can't see playing both.

• 1Brony

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played in over a month. I just login on reset to setup the missions and crap for all the peoples in my guild and kick out any deadbeats. With Throne & Liberty being delayed and ruining my fall/winter MMO fun I'll probably pop back in once more content is released and the remaining playerbase is down to its hardcore faithful who are less likely to disappoint while raiding.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Legendary pet. Some nice skills on them and a nifty aura.

1599340_20220901151623_1.png

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Extended again until 9PST 12EST. Nearing 24 hours of maintenance.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Genuinely sorry to hear that but hoping classic WoW treats you well!

To me honest I have been tempted by the thought of Wrath but I am trying to refrain from giving Blizzard any sub fees. It's hard to want to support that company, especially if you have read the recent horror stories from the classic thread of people getting banned from just playing AV.

To be honest I wish classic sub was separate from live just so it might better teach the people still working there how much money they are losing themselves.

Lost Ark is fun but like many of these games the repetitive nature combined with the brickwall of progress really leaves you feeling whats the point, I would probably be down to play a bit when new content is released but killing the game small subset of the game on repeat just doesn't even have the same fulfilling nature you get from farm content in other games. I feel if they weren't so stringy of RNG heavy I might of lasted longer but I think I played more than your average player, and it was worth trying out, it's just too shallow to care about once your break the dopamine daily login ritual.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two months between content releases has been a bit long too . I think i've gained 5 ilvls in 2 months? While seeing "FAILED" about 50x? Feels terrible.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Server downtown was actually not bad. Patch is out (clown, Scouter, etc):

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would like to point out that NA servers are down for a patch, while the rest of the world never came back up yet.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
This patch is absolutely awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed clown and obviously Scouter is the definition of a fun and cool class.

It's a shame that they broke the economy to such a miserable point and that only a few of us are left enjoying it.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This patch is absolutely awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed clown and obviously Scouter is the definition of a fun and cool class.

It's a shame that they broke the economy to the point to such a miserable point and that only a few of us are left enjoying it.
Is this AGS or the developers do you reckon? I was kinda thinking of jumping in again very casually as I love the Scouter class and I bailed once Elden Ring came out

elidib

Vyemm Raider
They both share the blame.

AGS for not taking a harsher stance and doing a better job of eliminating bots and RMT'ers
and smilegate for gold income/outcome balancing and engraving availability, making 50% of combat stats completely useless, and 85% of engravings pure shit.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Is this AGS or the developers do you reckon? I was kinda thinking of jumping in again very casually as I love the Scouter class and I bailed once Elden Ring came out

Both. Smilegate was retarded to not understand that the NA audience is significantly different than their core market in so far as RMT is concerned. The fact that anyone can just create a Steam account to set up a bot account (versus requiring credentials to be confirmed) makes botting inherently significantly easier and there are a myriad of methods that could have been implemented by them to avoid it from the onset.

..But AGS is ultimately responsible for the Western version and could have solved this by hiring a few office temps to just ban bots all day and ban anyone who is clearly buying gold (it's easy to spot with 10 seconds of research).

In spite of the above, if you enjoyed Scouter, you really should come play. You'll get a Punika pass to get to 1370 and an express event to get the Scouter to 1415 within two weeks. With the added books, you'll be Legion raid ready within a month even playing casually. As the price of admission to that is free and you'll likely enjoy that progress quite a bit (it's a lot of 'feel good' honing) it's certainly good fun. Be sure to join the guild if you're on USE.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Both. Smilegate was retarded to not understand that the NA audience is significantly different than their core market in so far as RMT is concerned. The fact that anyone can just create a Steam account to set up a bot account (versus requiring credentials to be confirmed) makes botting inherently significantly easier and there are a myriad of methods that could have been implemented by them to avoid it from the onset.

In addition, as I've mentioned before, Smilegate knew exactly what would happen, since they had to quickly patch out all the tutorial gold in the RU version to save the economy, and by the time NA was coming out, they knew damn well what happens with this kind of game when its released in other countries that don't force you to use a SSN which prevents the vast majority of botting and multiple accounts.