Lost Ark Online

Janx

<Silver Donator>
haha! I saw you pop'd back on the chat but you were off by the time I caught up. You started playing again?
No real time to jump on with work. Wanted to bust out all my random free shit I collected from twitch. Is it easier to get ilvl up with the release of the latest raid/scouter? Want to get a glaiver going but work has been absolutely killing me lately.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
No real time to jump on with work. Wanted to bust out all my random free shit I collected from twitch. Is it easier to get ilvl up with the release of the latest raid/scouter? Want to get a glaiver going but work has been absolutely killing me lately.

Yes -- you should have access to an event that you can pick a character for (if you want to select glaiver). It'll instantly boost you to 1370 (which is where I believe you left off) but give you small tasks to do with books and a honing buff. Just use the chat for help with the event shit, we'll be able to clear that for you. Once you're 1415, you're effectively able to start the mini raids and working on your end game progression. With all the materials, even playing 4-5 hours a week, you'll hit 1445 and doing most of the decent content rather fast.

Edit: Just an extra note to any forum folks who are looking for something to play. We maintain a raid group that raids every Saturday. We also do the 4 man clowns on Thursday for those that push a bit more. We are actually in need of DPS more than anything, so anyone that wants to play a bit is welcome aboard, just toss me a message and I'll be happy to help push you to 1445 fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Update is out which includes a new Ark Pass. I've seen some folks returning due to the continued MMO drought, don't hesitate to reach out and ask for a chat invite; the core group of players here are incredibly active (we raid twice a week and do alt runs consistently). Primarily looking for DPS classes.

First wallpaper is kind of meh:

1665586702300.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Update is out which includes a new Ark Pass. I've seen some folks returning due to the continued MMO drought, don't hesitate to reach out and ask for a chat invite; the core group of players here are incredibly active (we raid twice a week and do alt runs consistently). Primarily looking for DPS classes.

First wallpaper is kind of meh:

View attachment 437583
Are you going to do Mythic+ in Retail?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Are you going to do Mythic+ in Retail?

Almost assuredly.

While Blizzard is decidedly a shit-tier company and modern WoW is a disaster ran by people who I'd rather not support (I don't even need to look anything up to know that the expansion will be shit, the class balance will be terrible, the design decisions will be retarded) and I hold absolutely no hope of that changing, I still get more than my money's worth out of pushing keys during the first 2 months of an expansion. That first week of trying to achieve the highest chest possible as a PUG tank is simply a lot of fun in spite of the aforementioned issues (and the million others I didn't mention). It's definitely a very finite amount of time before the newness wears off and the aspects of Blizz that are still competent (art, dungeon design) are no longer able to justify logging in though. It's also fair to say that Brelshaza release is pretty huge for me as that's going to be all new Lost Ark content, which is a game that I intend to be playing for the foreseeable future (I'm still nowhere close to burned out by it and the only thing that would get me to potentially quit is the Riot MMO, which I don't expect to see for a few more years).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Sneak peak for next week:

• 1Like

Malakriss

For event mats ***if you are at the ilevel to receive gold*** Oreha Abyssal Dungeons give 50 Fried Skewers and 15 Marinated Boar Ribs. Compare that to Valtan Hard which gives 12 and 4 and it's skewed completely. Granted there's not much to use the III craft stuff on but you might want

Argos reportedly bugged and not dropping any.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
For event mats ***if you are at the ilevel to receive gold*** Oreha Abyssal Dungeons give 50 Fried Skewers and 15 Marinated Boar Ribs. Compare that to Valtan Hard which gives 12 and 4 and it's skewed completely. Granted there's not much to use the III craft stuff on but you might want

Argos reportedly bugged and not dropping any.

Event mats are so abundant that it really doesn't matter. You max out / buy everything out provided you're playing 2-3 characters within a day or two for the week. It's a lackluster vendor, which supposedly they're looking into.

I do like the Halloween background and some of the skins though (Soulfist casper weapon is awesome):

Selfie_20221028_Voldeth_004.jpg
1666979203439.png

• 1Like

Daidraco

Event mats are so abundant that it really doesn't matter. You max out / buy everything out provided you're playing 2-3 characters within a day or two for the week. It's a lackluster vendor, which supposedly they're looking into.

I do like the Halloween background and some of the skins though (Soulfist casper weapon is awesome):

View attachment 440284View attachment 440282
Pumpkin outfit is a banger - just hate that shit out in the world. Should be a town only kind of thing imo.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Posting an update relating to guild raid schedule moving forward. This has actually been in effect for about two weeks now but wanted to make sure we were able to keep up with the cadence.

Wednesday 8PM EST: We'll be running 1-2 Valtan/Vykas with the potential for a clown run.
Thursday 8PM EST: Clown is the primary focus with legion raids as an aside.
Saturday 7:30 PM EST: GVG (boss only) followed by finalizing any outstanding alt runs.

We'll be carrying this forward until Breshalza release, with the goal of being ready to clear for the main group and at least the first 4 gates for 3-4 additional alts. This is based on the feedback that people wanted some additional days as our roster is certainly 'smaller' than it was two months ago but those still playing are far more commited.

For anyone still looking for an MMO to play: all of the bad things relating to Lost Ark are still in place. It's an Asian MMO. If you're able to look passed that by virtue of enjoying killing things with forum folks than this is a good option for you. Hit me up if you need any help getting started.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Posting an update relating to guild raid schedule moving forward. This has actually been in effect for about two weeks now but wanted to make sure we were able to keep up with the cadence.

Wednesday 8PM EST: We'll be running 1-2 Valtan/Vykas with the potential for a clown run.
Thursday 8PM EST: Clown is the primary focus with legion raids as an aside.
Saturday 7:30 PM EST: GVG (boss only) followed by finalizing any outstanding alt runs.

We'll be carrying this forward until Breshalza release, with the goal of being ready to clear for the main group and at least the first 4 gates for 3-4 additional alts. This is based on the feedback that people wanted some additional days as our roster is certainly 'smaller' than it was two months ago but those still playing are far more commited.

For anyone still looking for an MMO to play: all of the bad things relating to Lost Ark are still in place. It's an Asian MMO. If you're able to look passed that by virtue of enjoying killing things with forum folks than this is a good option for you. Hit me up if you need any help getting started.

Let me know whenever they decide to revert the retardation of not allowing any higher tier gear to be tradeable.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Let me know whenever they decide to revert the retardation of not allowing any higher tier gear to be tradeable.

Lord do I hate Amazon's changes but I can't even imagine how messed up they were for you especially. A lot of your strategy / farming got fucked hard by them / the bot situation. Talk about alienating a player who would have played their version for a long time if they had any common sense whatsoever.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Why is that still an issue? It Makes it so an alt has to take a week to do HMs+Argos. Then, about 3 weeks doing Valtan + Vykass to get the full sets. I can see if one is whaling and wants to play a specific alt the day they make it. Granted, it takes two weeks doing daily content + xp gain in the stronghold to go from 50 to 60. All before doing the two months of Clown to complete those upgrades. Is the issue those 4 weeks of playing to get the character up to relevant ilvl?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Why is that still an issue? It Makes it so an alt has to take a week to do HMs+Argos. Then, about 3 weeks doing Valtan + Vykass to get the full sets. I can see if one is whaling and wants to play a specific alt the day they make it. Granted, it takes two weeks doing daily content + xp gain in the stronghold to go from 50 to 60. All before doing the two months of Clown to complete those upgrades. Is the issue those 4 weeks of playing to get the character up to relevant ilvl?

The first issue is that it's just fucking stupid. Only AGS's version does this shit. But, other than that, I prefer raiding on alts to be an option, I don't like having to do it for gear. And it's just, ya know, another turd on the shit pile of how they've handled the NA version.

Malakriss

When is the shop selection going to improve? Utterly lackluster skin selection for some classes so you're not selling premium Ark Pass unlocks when it is entirely skippable and the lower tier mount option has inferior movement abilities.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
When is the shop selection going to improve? Utterly lackluster skin selection for some classes so you're not selling premium Ark Pass unlocks when it is entirely skippable and the lower tier mount option has inferior movement abilities.

The only mounts that matter, for the movement ability at least, are the Cerberus, gold cloud, and white/black cats. Gold cloud has the best movement ability (so much so that they tried to nerf it). Cerberus is second. There are probably other mounts equal to the white/black cats but I haven't really looked. Personally, I wish I had held on to my last gold cloud instead of using it.

The better cash shop stuff was all s2+ in Korea. AGS is still feeding us the s1 skins. Hopefully, in a few months, we'll start hitting the better Korean skins. With that said, Wardancer weapon MTXs all suck; I just want some brass knuckles or something simple not the huge bracer shit.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I sold all of the boxes and cosmetic items my chars were wearing and misc I had collected early on. Currently sitting at 600k. My 1490 main is still 4x3 and I really see no point in upgrading. I have all L8 gems though and usually make at least 1 sometimes 2 L7 gems per week so kind of tempted to start working towards L10 ones for my big damage skills.

The clown hype died pretty fast it seems and it feels like s. vern was released ages ago even though it was late April. Even as casual as I'm playing I'm feeling the content lulls pretty bad. I don't know how people are still going hardcore on 3-6+ chars daily from release onward with no real incentive to do so.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I sold all of the boxes and cosmetic items my chars were wearing and misc I had collected early on. Currently sitting at 600k. My 1490 main is still 4x3 and I really see no point in upgrading. I have all L8 gems though and usually make at least 1 sometimes 2 L7 gems per week so kind of tempted to start working towards L10 ones for my big damage skills.

The clown hype died pretty fast it seems and it feels like s. vern was released ages ago even though it was late April. Even as casual as I'm playing I'm feeling the content lulls pretty bad. I don't know how people are still going hardcore on 3-6+ chars daily from release onward with no real incentive to do so.

A very different feeling here. I find that the clown hype is still in full swing; the game feels like it has more players trying to push their alts through clown in order to be ready for Brel (Azena is a busy server on NAE. While I'm sure a lot of that is bots, the bots wouldn't be out there if they aren't selling to real players). G3 is certainly a wall for your average reddit poster but more and more people are starting to actively clear it (including with alts now).

My issue is that I invest significantly more time into the game than others and I still don't complete anywhere near what I need to do, so I can't even imagine how a casual player feels. I have a crazy amount of boss rushes to do (my main still doesn't have full L9/L10 gems), 2 alts did not clear G3 and there's a Valtan / Vykas to do in there as well. That's without even counting some of the more 'hardcore' options that remain available to me (working towards LoS 30 via clearing abyss dungeons on all chars for instance).

Right now the focus is on having 6 alts that are 1490 or higher for Brel with full completed clown L2 gear & L7 gems (I'm not even trying for 5x3 even if a lot of people are!). I'll probably achieve that on ~3-4 of my characters and as stated, I'm so far ahead of your average player. There's just a lot to do; I logged into WoW today to get my UI ready for Dragonflight and had this feeling of "I probably should have invested that time in completing something on LA".

Last edited: