Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
No ancient bracelet? Doesn't upgrading those automatically give +20 to raw stats and add a 5th effect?

I had food poisoning & work stuff that prevented me from playing until Friday (beyond just clearing chaos dungeons) so I didn't have enough ancient bracelet mats to upgrade my bracer until this morning. You're correct on the benefits though.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Community update with the roadmap coming next week:

Looks like they're continuing to try and encourage new players -- surprisingly enough, every day I see some new Mokoko seeds pop up and players in chat talking about how they're coming back. We've also seen a small surge in the guild in terms of people joining and asking for help. Game is in a great place right now, at least until D4 arrives.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Really nice changes.

Would like to see streamlined one difficulty vykas/valtan and the AH api next.

Think I might pick this up again with some real playtime this fall and just keep pushing my main up until then.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Really nice changes.

Would like to see streamlined one difficulty vykas/valtan and the AH api next.

Think I might pick this up again with some real playtime this fall and just keep pushing my main up until then.

Game has a solid playerbase and the content release cycles are monthly. It's certainly worth coming back to especially if they deliver on some of those changes.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Road coming later today however this was posted as a teaser:

Which has raised my excitement level to an all time high. Aeromancer & Slayer. Might need to start working on page 3 of alts soon.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Pretty aggressive content release schedule - Slayer in May, Elgacia in June, & Akkan & Aeromancer in August.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
An event Punika Powerpass and Hyper Express Plus (II), will accompany the launch of the Slayer on May 10 and run until August 9.
With this version of the Punika Powerpass you'll receive Item Level 1340 gear, and unlike previous Punika Powerpass events, Berver's Friend does not need to be completed to receive this. To prevent bots from reaching endgame areas, only players with Trusted status or with a Lost Ark account created before December 14, 2022 will be granted a Powerpass.
Pairing well with the Punika Powerpass, players will be able to designate one character between item Level 1340 and 1460 on their roster to participate in the Hyper Express Plus II Event, where they’ll earn honing materials to quickly level up to Item Level 1460

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I did 122 boss rushes over the last few days due to ebony cube. I think I have around 50-70 cubes that will get vouchered.

It was so, so boring.

Malakriss

Notable adjustments
  • The current basic honing growth boost (1415 - 1445) will be expanded to Item Level 1460. The current honing exp 40% reduction between 1445 and 1460 will be overwritten by this boost.
  • Increased T3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 16 - 17 basic success rate by 10%.
  • Increased T3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 18 basic success rate by 5%
  • Decreased T3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 16 - 18 Gear XP requirements by 50%.
  • Decreased T3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 16 - 18 Honing material and price required by 30%.
  • Removed the T3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 16 - 18 Gold price honing cost.
Silver and Leapstone loot increased for T1 - T2 Chaos Dungeons.
  • These are new nodes/resources that can be gathered in the respective zones and grant materials used to purchase Secret Pouches from Secret Traders in Punika (Rayni) and South Vern (Evan). A new Tradeskill quest is available, along with 6 new World Tree Leaves. The new resources are:
    • Platinum Ore
    • Candaria Rabbit
    • Paunchy Fish
The drop rate of Sidereal Energy has been slightly increased.

The updates apply to the Valtan, Vykas, Kakul-Saydon, and Brelshaza Legion Raids.

Updated Entry Limit and Gold Rewards:

• Weekly entry limit removed.
  • Can choose to receive or not to receive gold rewards before entering a raid. Even if you decide not to claim the gold rewards, the other rewards (such as honing materials and Legion Raid Gear crafting materials) can still be earned.
  • Each character can earn gold rewards for 3 times per week (up to 6 characters).

Slayer
LA_Nightrider_Warrior_F__Burning_Rage_Cold_Fury_Weapon_MayMTX_1920x1080_CT-001916__1_.jpg

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I finished all my page 1 boss rushes (fuck doing page 2, there's like 400), which let me roll an extra level 10 gem (thank fucking god it rolled damage instead of CD). Also got really lucky on my bracelet roll:

1683660379067.png

Bracelet:

1683660455446.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I was pretty surprised to find out that the legion raid changes are completely unique to the west. Apparently a lot of Kr players are pissed.

Daidraco

I was pretty surprised to find out that the legion raid changes are completely unique to the west. Apparently a lot of Kr players are pissed.
Whats the difference, are they just easier than the KR version? Or were there mechanical changes, too?

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Whats the difference, are they just easier than the KR version? Or were their mechanical changes, too?
Mostly one shot mechs no longer one shot and a couple other small changes like longer counter windows etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

This is creating quite an uproar for KR. It's pretty easy to understand though, the people playing on KR are mostly the intense people who love the game and were around during Brelshaza before she was nerfed 6 times. The current Western audience is hardly able to clear this Brel and we're getting a bunch of shit that KR doesn't have so they're bitter about it.

This is all around an amazing change for people coming back to the game -- the patch doesn't have much for folks like me but anyone returning can effectively power pass up rather quickly and now you can actually help them run raids without locking yourself out. Certainly seen some folks who hadn't logged on in quite some time at least check it out. The strategy of releasing an unnerfed Slayer in addition was a good move.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They did the same thing with the abyss dungeons back at launch though, they nerfed them for our version and then KR got the same changes like a month later or whatever. Wouldn't be super surprising if they also did the same for KR, since nerfing old raids so they're easier to farm/learn for new players isn't really a problem at all.

Malakriss

Yorn abyss could use some retuning, the red auras chunking half life a tick, boss going invincible and requiring the red orb dodge with everyone alive to grab golds and cover all quadrants without missing a single one is rather unforgiving. Either you have a 1500+ to one hit the last 10 health bars or it's a PITA when your 4th wheel is driving to florida and dying in the blood swamp.