Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm fully behind it and think it's a good change as well. Just being a little tongue-in-cheek about the nature of NA support players.

I haven't seen a DPS in Brel party finder with less than 5x3 in over a month. Granted I only do 1-4 or 1-6 lately, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one in anything past a G1-2 party unless they're friends with a support.

How many 1520+ supports do I see with partial Argos accessories and a mangled mid-quality 3x3 or 4x3? Probably 1 out of 4.

Agreed with this perspective. To be fair though, 5x3 is insanely easy to achieve -- all 12 of my characters are 5x3, with multiple of them having 5x3 builds for both specs. If you budget your accessories and don't mind waiting / bidding, you can get there pretty fast.

The issue with supports is that engravings matter so fucking little. Just get your class engraving from argos and you're pretty much effective enough to clear everything. All I care about support is that they have their set complete for the damage bonus and at that stage, even if they do nothing but ult, they're effective. This is a double-edged sword in that, supports are fucking boring to play as a result -- you just don't see any fucking progress on your character. As someone who parses every run he does, I also find there's a ridiculous misunderstanding in the West as to what is actually effective, which is compounded heavily by the retarded MVP screen. Here's an example of that:

1- A Gunlancer gets MVP due to their absurd stagger.
2- NA believes Gunlancers are great! LOOK AT THE MVP SCREEN!
3- Vold parses and sees that the Gunlancer actually accounts for 8% of the raids DPS. Even in an almost perfect group make up aimed at maximizing the GL (which NA never does) this means that there's a significant DPS loss for having brought the GL.
4- Vold carefully considers that stagger damage is fucking useless. There is no encounter in Brel that has a stagger check which is difficult to meet.

Somehow however people still bring GL's constantly. They're a trash class.

The same is true for NA relating to spec classes. They see KR post tier lists, which is mostly encompassed with spec classes at the S tier. The issue is, spec classes are actually challenging to play and requires a lot more effort. Your average shit tier player who should be playing support because they're garbage gravitates towards them though and then you end up seeing Strikers doing no damage that get invited because they're 'S' tier. Give me a 4x3 competent player over that any day playing a mid tier swiftness build.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gold requirements for honing up to Item Level 1445 have been removed, and will now just require honing materials and Silver. We’ve also increased the Honing Success Rate, Honing Material Discounts, and Leapstone Material Discounts.

With less demand for gold to hone gear, gold rewards have been adjusted for lower-level Tier 3 content.

Players can now earn extra rewards twice the Legion Raid materials used in gear crafting (Covetous Wings, Demonic Beast Bones, Demon Beast Veins, and Covetous Fangs) for clearing the Valtan / Vykas Legion Raids (Normal and Hard modes), up to 5 times per character.
Chosen, Preordained Diligence, and Harsh Oath gear can now be traded up to 3 times, and can be sold/purchased on the Marketplace.

A new 'move effect' visual has been added to skins.

Changed character creation and Reskin Tickets to allow 24hrs of customization changes before the appearance is finalized and locked.
Abyssal Dungeons, Argos, Valtan, and Vykas NM hit with the gold nerfs already.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Any time I have considered playing this again the daunting task to repetitive grinding shit reminds me not to.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Any time I have considered playing this again the daunting task to repetitive grinding shit reminds me not to.
This is literally every single game tho. At least with LA they made the fights random enough to the point it feels a bit less repetitive.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Maintenance extended twice now. Hoping they don't fuck this up.
Voldeth right now

Dave Chappelle Omg GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of dumb things that define Korean RPGs, every one of them is thematically cribbed from Western mythos with their only contribution being Japanese knockoffs that look like budget pokemons and discount catgirls. Apparently the sum of their native culture isn't enough to support even a shitty videogame.

• 1Brony

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I fell way behind this week due to D4 taking up most of my weekend however managed to get my Artist to 1500. My thoughts on this patch:

- The new PVP instance is terrible. I liked Rowan's story and didn't mind the continent but this is just atrocious. Fire whoever came up with it.
- I've seen a lot of new & returning players thanks to the power pass. The game is in a really good place right now with content that keeps getting released. I feel like anyone who quit before Clown release would benefit from using the pass and going through the content that's out as it's all premium.
- Reinforcing the above points, I think everyone made an Artist or support with the power pass. There's an actual DPS shortage right now for Legion raids which is nice to see.
- The class balance changes were pretty awesome for me. My roster went from being pretty middle of the pack to downright A tier.
- Ark pass stuff is pretty meh this time. Maybe it's because I've finished my card sets but I don't feel like I'm getting the same value as I did the other ones (plus I hate the skin).

Here's my roster now:

1679355620044.png

1679355650280.png

1679355670859.png

My goals before Brel hard release in April are all on track, including being pretty close to +demon damage:

1679355758406.png

I'll likely stop running my second account soon as there's just too much to do in a week on the main account and I've made enough gold to be set for Ancient release.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
New ark pass wallpaper:

1680190402760.png

Edit: Hell mode Brel got released for KR as well this week, which has actually been a fun race to watch. Day 1, no one cleared Gate 5 (the tuning is pretty insane).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

The Hanumatan Level 6 Guardian Raid and Brelshaza Hard Mode bring Ancient quality gear and accessories to Lost Ark next week in the April 12 Spring Update!
edit: likely to be 1540 and 1560 chaos dungeons as well

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Update with more notes:

Wasn't expecting half as much as what they're releasing however the big news is we're getting Esther weapons; I'll be accepting all donations.

Malakriss

-You can now use [Shift]+[G] to skip quest text scripts even if you have never done the quest before.
-The Legion Raid materials required to craft Upper Tier 3 Relic gear from Brelshaza Normal mode have been reduced. Crafting a weapon will now require 75 Phantom Horns, and armor will require 30.
-Honor Shards honing cost requirement decreased by 40% for T3 Lv. 1340 gear from 1460 up to 1490 (+20), and T3 Lv. 1390 gear up to 1590 (+20).

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Update with more notes:

Wasn't expecting half as much as what they're releasing however the big news is we're getting Esther weapons; I'll be accepting all donations.
  • Brelshaza Gate 0 skip function added.
    • At the beginning of Brelshaza Legion Raid, the party leader can teleport the group directly from Astalgia’s Door to Nightmare Shadow.
    • Only available until all party members reach the first assembly location.
    • Only the party leader can teleport the group. Click on ‘Gate 1 Instant Teleport’ on top left of screen. A pop up window asking ‘Would you like to immediately teleport from Astalgia's Door to Nightmare Shadow?’ will appear. Click ‘OK’ to teleport.

Surely your favorite patch note.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
  • Brelshaza Gate 0 skip function added.
    • At the beginning of Brelshaza Legion Raid, the party leader can teleport the group directly from Astalgia’s Door to Nightmare Shadow.
    • Only available until all party members reach the first assembly location.
    • Only the party leader can teleport the group. Click on ‘Gate 1 Instant Teleport’ on top left of screen. A pop up window asking ‘Would you like to immediately teleport from Astalgia's Door to Nightmare Shadow?’ will appear. Click ‘OK’ to teleport.

Surely your favorite patch note.

Check Discord - I think I've mentioned it half a dozen times or so already. E elidib !!!

The honing shard reduction is pretty huge for catching up. They certainly want people to hit 1590 and the rampant speculation is that it's for a quick Algasia release.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Week 1 hard mode completed and got my horns:

1681715893323.png

G5 was really painful and I don't enjoy hard mode at all on it. G6 on the other hand is amazing. Really enjoyed it. There's absolutely no way I'm going to be clearing all 6 gates on the alts though, that's insanely demanding on time. The folks who cleared 5 this week are on another level.

• 1Like

Malakriss

No ancient bracelet? Doesn't upgrading those automatically give +20 to raw stats and add a 5th effect?