Lost Ark Online

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reward Updates
  • Thronespire - the Legendary Engraving Recipe Selection Pouch is now untradeable.
  • Anguished Isle - Legendary Engraving Recipes are now untradeable. Honor Leapstones are now untradeable, and the quantity has increased from 50 to 80 per Roster.
Doing their part to raise prices.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow man. I am impressed Voldeth

They posted your stats at the 1 year mark.

1675900544461.png

That sir is some serious play time.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Wow man. I am impressed Voldeth

They posted your stats at the 1 year mark.

View attachment 457864

That sir is some serious play time.

I feel like they undersold my accomplishments to be honest. They did give me this nifty trophy though:

1675903528186.png

Also I'm officially 1 card away from LoS 30 & 7 ilevels from max. Pretty close to beating the game atm and this patch is absolutely amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
New trailer for upcoming patches, focused mostly on Artist releasing next week:

Looking forward to Artist as it's the first new class I'll be making since Scouter. Planning to push it to 1540 rapidly using the express pass. My roster has been shaping up rather nicely albeit I've slowed down on page 2 alts quite a bit:

1678211124938.png

1678211145859.png

Goals for P1 before April are:

Main 1590 (done)
All alts (minus Artist) 1560
Artist 1540

For P2 I'll probably just push Arcanist to 1490 and call it a day.

• 1Like

Daidraco

New trailer for upcoming patches, focused mostly on Artist releasing next week:

Looking forward to Artist as it's the first new class I'll be making since Scouter. Planning to push it to 1540 rapidly using the express pass. My roster has been shaping up rather nicely albeit I've slowed down on page 2 alts quite a bit:

View attachment 462030

View attachment 462031

Goals for P1 before April are:

Main 1590 (done)
All alts (minus Artist) 1560
Artist 1540

For P2 I'll probably just push Arcanist to 1490 and call it a day.
Cant believe theyre just now releasing the Artist. I just feel like AGS should have fast tracked everything to be as close as they can to the actual retail of the game.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
New punika pass, 1445 express, balance changes TL;DR

That's an incomplete TLDR as it's missing the most important addition that's coming this patch (full notes: Lost Ark Academy - Artist Advanced Class)

ENGRAVING SUPPORT SYSTEM​

As a new feature available with the Hyper Express Plus, the Engraving Support system lets players choose 4 engravings to be in effect at level 3 during the event. Here’s how to get started:

• After selecting a Hyper Express Plus character, the Engraving Support button will light up.
  • Click the Engraving Support button to open the Engraving Support page and select your 4 desired Engravings.
  • Press the Activate Engraving Support button to start using their effects.
The effects of Engraving Support will also be shown in your Character Profile.

• 1Like

Daidraco

And that lasts forever? WTF.
Looks like it says "for the event" as Voldeth also quoted. I guess you're just gonna fall off a fkn cliff when the events done if you arent ready for it. OR, I wonder if it blocks other engravings or not... LIke could you use 4 other engravings at the same time... HRMmmm...

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
No. It's an all-or-nothing system. Think of it like Book of Coordination with a restriction of 4x3. You get the stats of your jewelry but none of the engravings matter. So you just stack high quality Swift/Spec until you get real replacements.

Fully anticipating that the day the event ends there will be a ton of 1x3 Artists in party finder for Brel hard.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Not really sure I understand the above comments.

At present, one of the largest issues for a new & returning player is that they're effectively behind from an efficiency standpoint. This makes the character unfun to play and stupid challenging to do anything for the first few weeks. Engravings represent the largest component to that. You have two options;

1) Buy jewelry that is insanely expensive due to the mark up of prices for the class as a result of the release.
2) Get gatekept but attempt to push through with shitty engravings (this is not possible for DPS, they'd all get gatekept. Artist would be fine due to being a support).

This system effectively removes that. You have two months where you're good to clear up to current content (5x3 is really only needed for Brel). It allows you to;

1) Run an argos and equip all of the jewelry that drops with your required stats. It's almost 100% that you'll get a full set in your first run.
2) Progress your character in all content at a slow rate while getting your accessories.

Once the event ends, your character will be a minimum of 1445. At that stage, you've had a LOT of time to buy/farm for accessories to make a minimum of a 4x3 build. Heck, without buying anything, you can probably 4x3 from your drops alone.

It's a monumentally good change. It should be applauded and expanded upon (give level 4 tripods too). It's the equivalent of a new or returning player being given a competitive number of AAs in EQ for a few months so that they can be viable in current content. Sure, if they don't do anything with the AAs for the two months but sit around when they're removed they'll be back to square 1 (square 1 being exactly where they'd be without the change) however anyone who is actively playing the character will have used the time to get back up to those AAs (or better). Fan-fucking-tastic change.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm fully behind it and think it's a good change as well. Just being a little tongue-in-cheek about the nature of NA support players.

I haven't seen a DPS in Brel party finder with less than 5x3 in over a month. Granted I only do 1-4 or 1-6 lately, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one in anything past a G1-2 party unless they're friends with a support.

How many 1520+ supports do I see with partial Argos accessories and a mangled mid-quality 3x3 or 4x3? Probably 1 out of 4.